Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: What game(s) have you been playing lately?  (Read 586808 times)

Offline TheCruelAngel

• Sportin' Boxes since 1998
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
Re: What game(s) have you been playing lately?
« Reply #300 on: November 29, 2012, 09:17:14 AM »
I've been juggling between Assassin's Creed Brotherhood (it's been in storage and now that I have a Conner statue staring at me, I better get back to beating the series to enjoy his game!) and ZombieU.

I will let you know now, ZombieU is hard and stressful. Literally one bite deaths, and the next character you play has to kill your last character as a zombie to get your old sweet loots. I'm not that far in (Buckingham Palace) but have already gone through 5 people, I think? It's a fun game, but only if you like being stressed out and dying a lot in a zombie-apocalypse scenario in the middle of London. It's fun too.  :P But I can't emphasize it's stressfulness. If you can, borrow it from a friend to try it first before you decide to plunge into it, because I can definitely tell it's not for everyone.

Offline Ratty

• A Little Pile of Secrets
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Tea. Earl Grey. Hot.
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Other (?)
« Reply #301 on: November 29, 2012, 07:42:23 PM »
I've been juggling between Assassin's Creed Brotherhood (it's been in storage and now that I have a Conner statue staring at me, I better get back to beating the series to enjoy his game!) and ZombieU.

I will let you know now, ZombieU is hard and stressful. Literally one bite deaths, and the next character you play has to kill your last character as a zombie to get your old sweet loots. I'm not that far in (Buckingham Palace) but have already gone through 5 people, I think? It's a fun game, but only if you like being stressed out and dying a lot in a zombie-apocalypse scenario in the middle of London. It's fun too.  :P But I can't emphasize it's stressfulness. If you can, borrow it from a friend to try it first before you decide to plunge into it, because I can definitely tell it's not for everyone.

Reminds me of my experience with L4D and L4D2. If you want a less stressful zombie game set in London go for Killing Floor, one of my all time favorite multiplayer games. Though that can be hard for n00bs (especially ones used to consoles) as I was reminded when someone sent me this video in which 5 guys try to play the game for the first time all at once.
(click to show/hide)
As for what I've been playing, I finally cleared out the 8 blocks in my PS1 memory card to try and play the trap'em up. "Tecmo's Deception"
« Last Edit: November 29, 2012, 07:44:19 PM by Ratty »

Offline RichterB

• Returnee
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #302 on: November 30, 2012, 04:54:06 PM »
Been replaying Zelda: Oracle of Ages on the Gamecube's Gameboy Player. I'm trying to figure out once and for all if Ages or Seasons is the better entry. I've always preferred the latter, but haven't played through Ages as much. Regardless, I'm pretty floored. How is it that Oracle of Ages, Oracle of Season, and The Minish Cap remain the best Zelda entries from 2001 to the present, when we've had 3 big console iterations of Zelda during that span of time and two DS-powered portable entries? There is just A LOT more personality, innovation, and texture to the worlds in these GBC & GBA portable titles.

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Vampire Killer (MSX)
« Reply #303 on: November 30, 2012, 06:08:09 PM »
Haven't been playing much this week. I'll tell you what I haven't been playing. Rockman Xover. Nor will I ever be.
"Stuff and things."

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #304 on: November 30, 2012, 06:43:04 PM »
+1
LOL three buttons.  With Autoplay and Skip options.
DOES THE FUN EVER START!?
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline Munchy

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #305 on: November 30, 2012, 07:05:35 PM »
I haven't played anything for a little while so I forgot for a little bit. Let's see...

-DmC Demo: Not as bad as expected, but not quite up to the same level as 1 3 or 4. More than anything it makes me want to play 3. I may make a separate thread about my impressions. (Of course it's better than 2. Everything is better than DMC2. Why are you even asking?)

-Castlevania Chronicles: Been doing Classic Mode 1CC runs, two have been successful so far. Need to try Loop 2 sometime.

-Metroid: Zero Mission: The Metroid bug always bites around Fall/Winter for some reason. ZM is barrels of fun but I miss how much you could sequence break in Super Metroid.

Offline beingthehero

• Duke of New York
  • Master Hunter
  • EROTIC VIOLENCE
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
« Reply #306 on: November 30, 2012, 08:21:07 PM »
I always keep meaning to find Zero Mission. That, and Fusion.

I've been playing Lords of Shadows recently, as well as Splinter Cell. I played through and beat Bloodlines today. Such an underrated title.

Offline Dark Nemesis

• Lord of Darkness
  • Master Hunter
  • Peeping your dreams....
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #307 on: December 01, 2012, 02:48:58 AM »
I'm playing through legend of the dragoons and Lord of Arcana.
Ruler of Chaos

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #308 on: December 02, 2012, 09:34:44 PM »
I'm playing "Trine 2: Director's Cut" on my Wii-U.

It's.... soooooo beauuuuuutifulllllll....
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline PFG9000

• No, not the gun
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Fan of all things Floyd
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
« Reply #309 on: December 03, 2012, 07:50:46 AM »
Mostly playing Halo 4 lately.  Still working on Ocarina of Time on 3DS, and I hope to go back and finish up Dead Space before too long.

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
  • Not going to lie I love blue haired anime chicks
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #310 on: December 03, 2012, 02:48:35 PM »
19-The Man With The Machine Gun-FFVIII OST

It's very slow but it is getting there also can someone explain seed rank and gil to me I seem to get 1500 g at random  ???

almost done with ninja gaiden 2.
(click to show/hide)
Come on now this was going to happen eventually  :P

Offline Kale

• The Ophidian Lord
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #311 on: December 03, 2012, 02:58:24 PM »
+2
19-The Man With The Machine Gun-FFVIII OST

It's very slow but it is getting there also can someone explain seed rank and gil to me I seem to get 1500 g at random  ???

almost done with ninja gaiden 2.

Seed rank is what gets you money in the game. You get higher seed rank by either doing the seed tests in your menu, or playing the game as closely to "perfection" as you can. Needless to say, the test is the way to go. I believe, having characters die, taking forever to go to places that you need to go contributes to lowering your seed rank. You get paid every hour of gameplay. So I'd go ahead and take those tests early to get money earlier on.

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
  • Not going to lie I love blue haired anime chicks
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #312 on: December 03, 2012, 03:04:14 PM »
Seed rank is what gets you money in the game. You get higher seed rank by either doing the seed tests in your menu, or playing the game as closely to "perfection" as you can. Needless to say, the test is the way to go. I believe, having characters die, taking forever to go to places that you need to go contributes to lowering your seed rank. You get paid every hour of gameplay. So I'd go ahead and take those tests early to get money earlier on.

Thanks those test are tricky I think I am about rank 4 I just started to do them last night and it can lower  :o
(click to show/hide)
Come on now this was going to happen eventually  :P

Offline Dark Nemesis

• Lord of Darkness
  • Master Hunter
  • Peeping your dreams....
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #313 on: December 04, 2012, 12:01:47 AM »
+1
Keep in mind that you can only take tests up to your current character maximum level.
Ruler of Chaos

Offline Nail_Bombed

• Indra's Fire
  • Vampire Hunter
  • What A Horrible Night To Have A Carlsberg
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Metal Ireland
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #314 on: December 04, 2012, 03:56:59 PM »
Lately I have been playing this:

Welcome to TURRICAN, AHAHAHAhahaha.... Awesome music and heavy run n gun blasting with a lot of nods towards Metroid.

Turrican AMIGA Version (WinUAE)
« Last Edit: December 04, 2012, 04:01:20 PM by Nail_Bombed »
If a man chooses, and a slave obeys, then what are you if you choose to obey?

Tags:

anything