Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Dracula: Unborn  (Read 2268 times)

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« on: May 27, 2022, 10:28:16 AM »
+1
Dracula: Unborn by Peter Tremayne

I recently got a hold of this book and just finished it a day or so ago. I felt it was an interesting read and it does go into some details of how vampires come to be, the methods of slaying them, as well as the history of Vlad III's family; where they came from and how his powers of vampirism come from ceremonies dating far into the distant past, predating the Christian faith, yet are branded taboo by said authorities. The novel was released back in 1977 and is treated as a memoir as written by Vlad's third son Mircea, and is documented by Abraham Van Helsing with several cliff notes in the book that gives some more info on specifics. I did get a bit of the ole' castlevania vibe from this one and it is an unofficial prequel to Bram Stoker's original novel. I felt it was a better read then Dracula: the Undead by Dacre Stoker as it retains the traditional vampire rather then establishing some of the Hollywood tropes (like death by sunlight). If you ever find it give it a read if you haven't already.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Tags: