Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Blade Master  (Read 3283 times)

Offline Patraw

• Dracula's door mat
  • Hunter in Training
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Mark's Art Page
    • Awards
« on: April 14, 2009, 07:50:00 AM »
Blade Master   

The reanimated skeleton of an expert duelist that first appeared in Konami's 1993 NEC PC-Engine: Turbo Duo Akumajo Dracula X: Chi no Rondo, or Akumajo Dracula X: Circle of Blood video game--however, my figure is based on the 1997 Sony Playstation Castlevania: Symphony of The Night (Japanese title: "Akumajo Dracula X: Gekka no Yasoukyoku", or "Demon Castle Dracula X: Nocturne in The Moonlight") version of the character. Appropriately, given their profession, Blade Masters can be found prowling the grounds of the Coliseum area, just itching for someone to test their skills against. Upon sighting an unwilling sparring partner, a Blade Master will immediately engage, dazzling its adversary with both aerobatics and swordplay. Assuming you've encountered at least one specimen, Blade Master is catalogued as entry #69 in the Master Librarian's enemy list, where it is described as 'Master of twin-bladed combat'. They are ranked at experience level 17, have 65 hit points (HP), and have a base experience point value of 80 (the amount you'll actually receive is dependent on what level Alucard is currently at--if you're also a level 17 character, you'll get that exact value, if you're below that, you'll get more than 80 experience points per Blade Master kill; on the other hand, if you're above level 17, you'll get progressively less, all the way down to a measly 1 experience point at level 26 and above). Undead entities, they are particularly vulnerable to "holy" based attacks. After destroying a Blade Master, you might get one of two rare item drops (having a high luck rating increases the likelihood of obtaining these objects). The first, a Shotel, is a sickle-shaped sword that, in addition to being swung in a traditional manner, can be thrown in a boomerang-like fashion by inputting the command: down, down-towards, towards + attack. The second, the Cross Shuriken, is a single-use projectile that inflicts considerable damage upon impact. In other Castlevania titles, this recurring enemy sometimes bears the moniker Skeleton Blaze rather than Blade Master.

Materials:
Newsprint, Kleenex, white/hot glue, wire twist ties, and acrylic paint.

Dimensions:
2.7 cm/1.1 in. x 6.8 cm/2.7 in. (widest point x highest point)

Articulation:
Twenty-two points: Neck (2), pauldrons (2), shoulders (2), elbows (4), wrists (2), mid-torso, waist, hips (2), knees (4), and ankles (2).

Time:
Six days; April 5-13, 2009--no work was performed on 9, 11, or 12.

For comparison purposes, below are some images of Blade Masters from the Castlevania: Symphony of The Night video game.

Offline Aridale

• Master Hunter
  • =D
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2009, 08:56:46 AM »
Dude I say this every time you post one of these but you NEED to make tutorials on how you do this or post links to places where you learn this cause this is no joke fuckin amazing and Id LOVE to learn more about it how to do it mself

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2009, 06:05:07 PM »
You've yet to disappoint. Keep up the great work.

Offline Patraw

• Dracula's door mat
  • Hunter in Training
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Mark's Art Page
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2009, 07:13:24 AM »
Aridale:
I'm pretty much a self-taught sculptor; nobody really showed me how to do it, beyond the bare basics.  I did the kind of papier mache stuff we all do in school art classes (putting paper strips on balloons to make masks, etc.), but, other than that, I developed almost all of my own techniques over the years through experimentation and practice.  I'm also a passionate toy collector, which obviously contributes to the process, design-wise.

You can check out this international papier mache group I belong to, if you're interested in taking it up/learning more online.

www.papiermache.co.uk

There are quite a few tutorials/tips there and the members are always happy to suggest techniques/approaches on any project you might have in mind.  That said, to the best of my knowledge, I'm the only one that makes miniature articulated figures, and I'm afraid I haven't made any tutorials.

Additionally, there have been numerous books published on the subject over the years; it's very likely your local library will have at least one in the art section.

Offline Kale

• The Ophidian Lord
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2009, 11:44:43 AM »
very friggin nice.

Tags: