Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Castlevania Chronicles - Dracula's Curse  (Read 274072 times)

Offline BMC_War Machine

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards 2021-07-Music Contest Silver Award 2018-06 Music Contest Runner-Up 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest First Place 2015-03-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
Re: Castlevania Chronicles - Dracula's Curse
« Reply #540 on: May 27, 2014, 09:12:51 PM »
+1
Hahaha thanks man, well all I can say is the waits nearly over! Im stuck on nights at work and it gets pretty slow so that gives me time to work on it lol. Im nust slappin the last few coats of polish on it and its good to go! No issues left!
But enough talk, HAVE AT YOU!!!!!!!!

Offline SabinFigaro

• Hunter in Training
  • What a horrible day to go to work..
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #541 on: May 27, 2014, 09:22:55 PM »
That's freakin awesome dude! I'm just a little overexcited kid waiting for his christmas present lol. More seriously,thanks for all the hard work. A lot of respect to you and your team. People that take their own personal time to craft games for free should get rewarded somehow. So let me say THANK YOU!

Offline BMC_War Machine

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards 2021-07-Music Contest Silver Award 2018-06 Music Contest Runner-Up 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest First Place 2015-03-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
« Reply #542 on: May 27, 2014, 10:04:42 PM »
Lol thanks dude I really appreciate it   ;D once the full game is out for beta testing ill be remastering a few tracks on the OST in the meantime. Not sure yet if its going to be released before the games out or comboed with it lol jurys still out on that one haha. Its nice to know that after all the hurdles ive had to go through in these 2 years its finally time to wrap it up. Immediately after this is released ill be teaming up with darkman again and we'll be knocking out vamprotector as well. As much fun as this has been im ready for some castlevania/contra coding and action lol. But ya never know, im seriously considered a cv4 remake  8)
« Last Edit: May 27, 2014, 10:06:43 PM by BMC_War Machine »

Offline SabinFigaro

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #543 on: May 27, 2014, 11:17:50 PM »
Vamprotector looks awesome as well. Pretty interesting hybrid. As for a Cv4 remake...damn that sounds good. So props to you Warmachine. Oh and props to darkmanx also, who I think helped in making CV3 right? Anyways, thanks guys. Us, old school castlevania fans salute you.

Offline BMC_War Machine

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #544 on: May 27, 2014, 11:29:25 PM »
Thanks again dude! Yeah darkman hooked me up with nast grants sprites and critiqued some of my level design, he also setup the album art for the OST and as you guys know Kaonstantine hooked me up with custom sypha and grant. All else fell on me but ive had a lot of help figuring out some tough coding over the years so for the most part ive been solo but ive had help along the way ;D

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #545 on: May 28, 2014, 07:05:08 AM »
Nice-looking Grant animations (though I do agree they do not match the style of the current CV characters).

You are missing an animation transition when Grant is at the corners of blocks.
It breaks the motion to see Grant 'crawling on air'.  You need a transition from when he's on the side/bottom of a block to when he's in a corner of a block.
The NES version has such an animation.  See the first sprites on the 2nd row.

However, what you've got is pretty great for a preliminary Grant. :)

You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline BMC_War Machine

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #546 on: June 06, 2014, 01:55:19 PM »
Hey guys ;D just wanted to drop and and let you know that all is still going well lol. Ive had a lot of dumb shit happening, drama and that kind of bs, but im still at it  8) the biggest throttle thats been put on me is being switched to midnight shifts at my work, which sucks majorly. All I want to do when I get home is crash lol, but on a positive note, no managers/supervisors are there so when I get all my work done I break out the laptop and start working on my game lol. As of right now, I have sypha fully updated - kaonstantine sent me an AWESOME revision of her ice spell like I requested so she has 2 separate animations depending on the spell you use and im up to terror tower with adding grants code. And to answer your post Jorge, Kaonstantine and I talked about the transitions from wall to ground/opposite wall and he hooked me up with a GREAT transition animation, so thats taken care of now as well  ;D ill let you guys know when I have Grant ready. Once he's been added everywhere, that just leaves subtle fixes to attend to and it will be ready 

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
« Reply #547 on: June 06, 2014, 03:49:00 PM »
Hey guys ;D just wanted to drop and and let you know that all is still going well lol. Ive had a lot of dumb shit happening, drama and that kind of bs, but im still at it  8) the biggest throttle thats been put on me is being switched to midnight shifts at my work, which sucks majorly. All I want to do when I get home is crash lol, but on a positive note, no managers/supervisors are there so when I get all my work done I break out the laptop and start working on my game lol. As of right now, I have sypha fully updated - kaonstantine sent me an AWESOME revision of her ice spell like I requested so she has 2 separate animations depending on the spell you use and im up to terror tower with adding grants code. And to answer your post Jorge, Kaonstantine and I talked about the transitions from wall to ground/opposite wall and he hooked me up with a GREAT transition animation, so thats taken care of now as well  ;D ill let you guys know when I have Grant ready. Once he's been added everywhere, that just leaves subtle fixes to attend to and it will be ready 
Ripping it up! The game will be ready soon enough!

Vamprotector Lead Creator and Producer

Offline BLOOD MONKEY

• rrrrrrrrrrrrr
  • Master Hunter
  • BEWARE, I LIVE
  • Awards May 2017 Sprite Contest Second Place 2015-02-Sprite Contest 1st Place
    • twitter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #548 on: June 06, 2014, 04:36:18 PM »
Something I said got caught up in all the fuss, so I'll re:post it
Grant does look really good, but it seems that he's shuffling. Everyday. He's shuffling. All day. Everyday.
UPON THE COMPLETION OF ITS STATEMENT, THE BLOOD MONKEY LEAPS TOWARDS YOU, BARING TEETH. IT IS TOO LATE FOR YOU.

Offline BMC_War Machine

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #549 on: June 09, 2014, 08:11:47 PM »
Hey guys, I know the thread was getting a little stagnant lol, ive added a new feature to the game that I would like your input on. Ive got a section mid point on each stage that allows the player to choose one of the three characters to assist in the rest of the stage. This will put Trevor going solo until you reach this point. I think it adds a level of difficulty because if you are on a stage with lots of platforming and pitfalls, Grant or Alucard would be a good choice and I didnt want to make it TOO easy so you could just breeze past the hard parts with any character at once. Does this sound good to you guys or should I just leave it as is and let you switch between all 4 characters as you find them?

Offline SabinFigaro

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #550 on: June 09, 2014, 08:48:03 PM »
I like the idea cause I like a challenge. But I can foresee purists disagreeing. I don't know if it's doable, but why not include both options? Classic mode and Warmachine mode? But then, like I said, maybe this brings up a lot of technical difficulties, I don't know. But hey, it's your game dude, why not make it to your liking? I know I'm gonna enjoy it either way.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2014, 09:04:19 PM by SabinFigaro »

Offline BMC_War Machine

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #551 on: June 09, 2014, 10:39:09 PM »
I like the idea cause I like a challenge. But I can foresee purists disagreeing. I don't know if it's doable, but why not include both options? Classic mode and Warmachine mode? But then, like I said, maybe this brings up a lot of technical difficulties, I don't know. But hey, it's your game dude, why not make it to your liking? I know I'm gonna enjoy it either way.
hahaha thanks Sabin. I kinda feel the same way dude, I dont want this being a walk in the park by any means. I may go ahead and keep it, its already there, I just wanted input to see if it meshed well. I always like to keep everyone in the loop and involved because this is for all us fans so why not have every be a part of it somehow?  ;D

Offline BLOOD MONKEY

• rrrrrrrrrrrrr
  • Master Hunter
  • BEWARE, I LIVE
  • Awards May 2017 Sprite Contest Second Place 2015-02-Sprite Contest 1st Place
    • twitter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #552 on: June 10, 2014, 09:03:22 AM »
I really like the idea. But it would be good to have 2 options.
UPON THE COMPLETION OF ITS STATEMENT, THE BLOOD MONKEY LEAPS TOWARDS YOU, BARING TEETH. IT IS TOO LATE FOR YOU.

Offline Intersection

• The Symbolic
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Potent Sovereign of the Abstract
    • Awards
« Reply #553 on: June 10, 2014, 10:34:04 AM »
I'm not so sure. I was hoping for a few tailor-made stage acrobatics, which won't exactly be possible if that idea gets implemented -- platforming-wise, it would make the four characters interchangeable.
Castlevania: Legacy of Sorrow: An original scenario project

Freedom is the one thing you cannot impose.

Offline BMC_War Machine

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #554 on: June 10, 2014, 08:53:49 PM »
Thanks for the input guys  ;D 2 options could be doable, but since it gives you that extra edge ill probably set it up for no passwords on the allies mode. Mainly do to restrictions on my coding, the way the game is laif out is in frames, so in order to make it the same way id have to double the game size which is already a little over 300mb I believe. But I should be able to make an easy and hard difficulty setting. Ill tinker with it when I get everything situated. If not im probably going to leave it as is. Right now im pre beta testing lol, fixing any small issues that got swept under the rug and its looking completely badass!! Im getting really excited to release this for you guys  ;D if I can add an easy and hard mode, ill probably throw an extra mode in there for you guys as well, shit either way I may end up doing that regardless lol.

Tags: