Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Some of the simplest Android games are the most addicting  (Read 2089 times)

Offline TheouAegis

• Amateur Auteur of GMvania
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • GMvania Developer's Blog
    • Awards
Some of the simplest Android games are the most addicting
« on: January 30, 2013, 08:58:38 PM »
If you have an Android phone (not sure if any of these games are for iOS or Win8), go to your apps store and search for "Hangame" or "NHN". It's a Korean apps distributor that makes Engrish, Japanese and of course Korean games. Look for the app called 駄菓子屋ゲーム. (In Japanese, it means "little candy store game"). It's a set of 4 coin-op arcade machines like the one seen in this picture:

The game is infuriatingly addicting. I haven't cussed that much on the bus in a long while. You can potentially beat it in a couple hours (I'm halfway through) and it's pretty easy once you figure out how to master each machine. But even once you know the tricks, it still takes a lot of concentration and some luck to win.

They have a bunch of other little games too, in addition to hanafuda (Japanese cards), the card game Speed, and some RPGs as well.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2013, 09:02:47 PM by TheouAegis »
Your mom has had more floppies put in her than a Commodore 64!

Follow my lack of progress on my game at my blog:
http://gmvania.blogspot.com

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
Offline TheCruelAngel

• Sportin' Boxes since 1998
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
Re: Some of the simplest Android games are the most addicting
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2013, 08:18:28 AM »
Hey, I just got some Hanafuda cards from the Nintendo World Store! I didn't think to look up some Android apps for it to help learn the rules (playing is the best way to learn!). :D Thanks I'mma go check it out!

Offline TheouAegis

• Amateur Auteur of GMvania
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • GMvania Developer's Blog
    • Awards
Re: Some of the simplest Android games are the most addicting
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2013, 09:00:34 AM »
Thanks for that link, Shiroi. I can send it to my iOS buddies now.
Your mom has had more floppies put in her than a Commodore 64!

Follow my lack of progress on my game at my blog:
http://gmvania.blogspot.com

Tags: