Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Record of Lodoss War: Deedlit in Wonder Labyrinth Early Access Trailer  (Read 5980 times)

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Swankster's Backloggery
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
Re: Record of Lodoss War: Deedlit in Wonder Labyrinth Early Access Trailer
« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2022, 06:31:22 PM »
As far as I know, the OVA is based on books, which I've never read so I don't know how much is missing.

The first handful of episodes of the TV series covers some of the same story content as the OVA but more in depth, then it switches to a different band of heroes for most of the show.

When comparing the two, I do get the impression the final few episodes of the OVA are heavily truncated and events are mashed together; the TV series purportedly follows the books more closely.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2022, 06:33:48 PM by Abnormal Freak »
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline GuyStarwind

• Lawful Good
  • Master Hunter
  • Shahrukh Khan is the greatest actor out there
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Crappy Brown Jacket Films
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #16 on: February 07, 2022, 06:44:21 PM »
As far as I know, the OVA is based on books, which I've never read so I don't know how much is missing.

The first handful of episodes of the TV series covers some of the same story content as the OVA but more in depth, then it switches to a different band of heroes for most of the show.

When comparing the two, I do get the impression the final few episodes of the OVA are heavily truncated and events are mashed together; the TV series purportedly follows the books more closely.
I gotcha. I'm going to watch both regardless, but I wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something of the sort. I've put the game on hold to watch these and have some kind of idea of what's going on.

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Swankster's Backloggery
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« Reply #17 on: February 07, 2022, 09:03:14 PM »
Gotta watch through to the end to get that sweet Deedlit nipple shot.
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Online Aceearly1993

• Nothing absolute
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • 1993P Doubleguy at Youtube
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Chronicles: Akumajo Dracula (X68k/PS1)
« Reply #18 on: February 08, 2022, 02:32:27 AM »
It's meant to serve as a bridge, which fills in the gaps from the most recent novel in the series released in August 2019. But either way it didn't do a fairly good job on story telling. Instead it was more or less the same as Touhou Luna Nights which just gives you the iconic characters and throws you into the action scene. It works on Touhou Luna Nights since Touhou fandom didn't care about plot in a rather experimental fan game but it didn't work here for the second time.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2022, 03:28:14 AM by Aceearly1993 »
"Did you know when one's most desperation time is? It's when he was beaten up by someone critically...
And he can't find who caused this."

Offline GuyStarwind

• Lawful Good
  • Master Hunter
  • Shahrukh Khan is the greatest actor out there
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Crappy Brown Jacket Films
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #19 on: February 11, 2022, 06:50:00 PM »
So, I did see the nip slip. I finished the 13 episode OVA and now a little ways into the Chronicles of a Holy Knight or whatever. I will admit, this game made a lot more sense after knowing who these people were. But as others have said, it also made it a lot sadder because I knew who these people are now.

Tags:

anything