Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Classic CV HTML5 Example and random generation  (Read 12810 times)

Offline Aridale

• Master Hunter
  • =D
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
« Reply #15 on: April 02, 2012, 10:50:24 AM »
lol I actually made this thing a few days ago to generate stage layouts. It could be made into a map generator but it will probably be progressively harder and harder to get anythin done with it in construct2

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/53012532/GenTest/index.html

I get the jumping changed in more detail later if I have a chance. Im at work right now. I enjoy what Ive got done so far the only problem is its a bitch to make the levels cause theres no tiles. The iOS performance really hurts my desire to work on it too

EDIT: oh I should prolly explain the generator program... Its simple arrows to move around zoom with mouse wheel
« Last Edit: April 02, 2012, 10:52:09 AM by Aridale »

Offline Las

• Vampire Hunter
  • Whoa dude!what a horrible night for no beer.....
  • Awards 2016-02 Sprite Contest 1st Place
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: April 04, 2012, 06:14:45 PM »
Shyeaaah...bout to knock sypha out that statue and go kick some vampire ass! Huh! Liking the 2d parrallex too!

Taking Edward Scissorhands to a whole new level!

Offline Aridale

• Master Hunter
  • =D
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
« Reply #17 on: April 04, 2012, 07:49:42 PM »
I just updated the gentest page it now includes more than just big squares side by side lol. Still nothin playable but its got the very rough shape of the room layouts and its all connected smoothly. Its fullscreen now and takes a lil longer to load (each room is 64x64 and theres 60 different rooms) so if you load it and its just a black screen wait a few sec and hit F5 it should be ok then.

You can reload it as much as you want to check the generation just dont do it too fast. Reloadin it all every 2-3 sec makes some of the images not load then theres holes in the map

The controls havent changed from before the only new things to explain are the letters on the map. You can prolly guess what they mean but:
S = Start
B (red) = Boss
B (yellow) = Miniboss

You might not ever see a yellow b generated and Im not entirely sure if its just too rare or not workin yet lol. Sometimes the boss room doesnt appear to be the "last" room on the map but that doesnt seem like too big an issue. The boss rooms also dont have special layouts right now they just use a normal room

Im open to suggestions for room layouts if anyones interested I can post a template of all the possible "sections" and the guidelines for the layout. None of the rooms you can see in the maps right now have anythin other than normal fullsize blocks (think a tile from a normal cv map.) no halfsizes or stairs/slopes so if it LOOKS like you couldnt get to into/out of part of one its prolly because itll have to be made with some jumpthru blocks and/or stairs and thats the next thing Im gonna tackle in each rooms layout

Heres pics of three maps generated by this version

« Last Edit: April 04, 2012, 07:57:18 PM by Aridale »

Offline Corpsecrank

• XXX
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Still uttering the same nonsense.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
Re: Classic CV HTML5 Example and random generation
« Reply #18 on: April 04, 2012, 08:46:36 PM »
It's good to see someone using construct 2. I only opted for construct classic because I didn't want to rely on a browser. I feel more and more like classic is a dead deal though which is sad really.

I should just let you use my engine as an example from which you could build on in c2. I bet it would give you all kinds of ideas.
You can find all my projects here: https://thetilepile.blogspot.com/

Offline Crimson_Curse

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
Re: Classic CV HTML5 Example and random generation
« Reply #19 on: April 05, 2012, 10:22:12 PM »
Man this looks like a nice idea! I liked it! I played a version of it three days ago or four... It was kinda buggy :/ Dont know if it is my Internet conection or the engine, I know that I got it stuck