Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Castlevania Harmony of Despair being recreated in Unity  (Read 13692 times)

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
Castlevania Harmony of Despair being recreated in Unity
« on: August 06, 2017, 05:50:31 PM »
+1
It was made by an youtube user named UniHD.

Found this today and its quite impressive:

More videos inside spoiler.

(click to show/hide)

Hopefully he will notice us and pay a visit.  :P
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline RichterBelmont12

• Hunter in Training
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • RichterBelmont12's Let's Play Channel
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow (GBA)
Re: Castlevania Harmony of Despair being recreated in Unity
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2017, 06:37:13 PM »
Hmmmm....Interesting.....I sold my PS3 that had this...I wish it was on Steam or PS4 but -shrugs- I can dream can I?

Offline DarkDiablo1995

• Hunter in Training
  • Novice Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2017, 02:15:36 AM »
It was made by an youtube user named UniHD.

Found this today and its quite impressive:

More videos inside spoiler.

(click to show/hide)

Hopefully he will notice us and pay a visit.  :P

This holds up good potential to be the PC port of CV:HD that some fans have been wanting so badly. Me among that number, though in my case, that's because my 360 is dead, and I don't have a Playstation around.
"Ignore a Morris at your own peril, pal. We're not Belmonts, but we can still make your plans go awry like it's no big deal."

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2017, 12:31:18 PM »
Hmmmm....Interesting.....I sold my PS3 that had this...I wish it was on Steam or PS4 but -shrugs- I can dream can I?

I've seen people saying here that you can play it on PS4 already but without DLC. I'm with you about dreaming of this game on Steam, I wouldn't even wait for a sale (unless its super expensive).

This and Resident Evil: Outbreak on Steam would make me lose contact with the exterior world lol
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline Foffy

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2017, 07:24:28 AM »
Isn't Harmony of Despair a bit playable on RPCS3, the PS3 emulator for PC?

I believe the emulator supports DLC, so the full game might be playable.

Don't think Netplay is a thing though...

Offline ProjectDread

• Vampire Hunter
  • Nightmare Class Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2017, 10:18:46 AM »
It's a cool idea, he's made tons of progress on different game mechanics and things. Certainly needs some balance tweaks and polish done to a lot of it (the physics look very strange and appear buggy sometimes), but I'm guessing it's because this is still early in development. Certainly will keep an eye on this one!

Offline DarkDiablo1995

• Hunter in Training
  • Novice Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2017, 06:28:48 PM »
It's a cool idea, he's made tons of progress on different game mechanics and things. Certainly needs some balance tweaks and polish done to a lot of it (the physics look very strange and appear buggy sometimes), but I'm guessing it's because this is still early in development. Certainly will keep an eye on this one!

Having played the 5.0 alpha, I can definitely attest to the physics being strange at times. Maybe it's due to this laptop not being the best it could've been with gaming, and if it is, then feel free to disregard, but Chapter 3: End of Chaos for me right now is unbeatable without a set of movement speed boots on, as there are a couple jumps that I just can't seem to make the way that would normally be feasible in the actual game. Which is going to be problematic considering the route needed to even stand a chance at getting to the boss.

Although it was also pretty funny to watch that hammer whack all of the boss's weak points in one swing if he positions himself poorly and jumps. Managed to beat Normal mode in that manner by complete accident. Dunno if that's something that can be managed in the actual game, but if it isn't, there is that.
"Ignore a Morris at your own peril, pal. We're not Belmonts, but we can still make your plans go awry like it's no big deal."

Offline redrum

• Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2017, 12:59:19 AM »
any way someone could PM me the download?  this looks AMAZING!

Offline Corpsecrank

• XXX
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Still uttering the same nonsense.
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2017, 01:58:05 AM »
The biggest 2 issues I can see would be the movement/physics whatever you prefer to call it which really is one of the tougher things to polish and get right. From the looks of it a lot of time was spent working on other things first which is also quite understandable as well. The character works alright for now so my guess is some focus went into getting the other things to work. The other issue though is the map. It looks great but is it great. If the map is just huge images slapped in there then there may be problems later on and with maps that large and with the way they look in the video I would be surprised if they were actually implemented otherwise. Having enormous images for the maps is not really ideal so I hope that isn't the case.

Still this is a really solid deal so far from the looks of it. Whatever issues might be there probably wouldn't be real difficult to handle so hopefully he keeps making good progress on it.
You can find all my projects here: https://thetilepile.blogspot.com/

anything