Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: What ever happened to *that* Dungeonite?  (Read 106318 times)

Offline Mooning Freddy

• The scent of my butt will set your soul wandering for eternity!
  • Master Hunter
  • I simply love children.
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
Re: What ever happened to *that* Dungeonite?
« Reply #30 on: November 21, 2012, 02:02:17 AM »
+3
Shelverton's around, I just tied him up and all.

Hahaha, and then Shelverton said... Nothing, you idiot, Shelverton's dead, he's locked in my basement!
"Yes, I am on a drug. It's called Charlie Sheen. It's not available, because if you try it you will die. Your face will melt off and your children will weep over your exploded body."
~Charlie Sheen

Offline P/\/\\/o

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #31 on: November 21, 2012, 08:28:00 AM »
+1
I have Shelverton on my FB and he looks to be free and happy!  ;)
'Oct.10, '03: I got Smacked down at Smackdown!' ;D

Offline Bloodreign

• Old school and nothing but old school
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • The Best
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #32 on: November 21, 2012, 01:34:36 PM »
+1
I have Shelverton on my FB and he looks to be free and happy!  ;)

I let him use it now and then, but if he uses it for the wrong purpose....

*krrrrrrrrrrrrrrrraaakk* ;)

Offline Highwind Dragoon

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania.
    • Awards
« Reply #33 on: November 21, 2012, 05:48:59 PM »
+1
Another member I haven't had a word from is OmegaDL50, last time I spoke to him was in march this year.

Wonder what he's doing now.

Offline Successor The Cruel

• In brightest day, in blackest night, no evil shall escape my sight. Let those who worship evil's might...
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Beware my Power! Green Lantern's Light!
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Chapel of Resonance
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« Reply #34 on: November 24, 2012, 08:39:51 AM »
He was at the Anti-Chapel for several years but when Successor had his nervous breakdown, the forum was on hiatus, as was he. He along with several other Anti-Chapel regulars then migrated & registered here at the Dungeon under a different name (can't remember what it was but i could tell it was him, thru his "mannerisms") but he hasn't posted anything in a while.

I gotta feeling once the LoS saga is finished, he'll return like Jesus

I don't know if you were told something (the only person I can recall telling is Lotus Petal), but there's actually some accuracy in there. I went through a number of serious tragedies and eventually suffered a severe panic attack that still leaves me with occasional slight feelings of anxiety. Eventually, I bounced back from all of that when I defeated multiple large entities in a massive lawsuit that I waged for over two years, which I gained vast amounts of wealth from. The odds were really stacked against me, and it was an extremely hard fought war with everything on the line. If I were to lose... I'd be sunk. Financially certainly, and quite possibly emotionally, despite my usual resilience. All of this is linked, from the tragedies, panic attack, and lawsuit. Since that chapter has ended, life has been really great for me. 

As for Diplo... I can't say where he is at the moment. Last I heard from him was an e-mail he sent me a couple months ago, but he seemed to be doing well.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2012, 08:47:45 AM by Successor The Cruel »

Offline Gunlord

• Wandering Mendicant
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Meow.
  • Awards Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • My blog
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #35 on: November 24, 2012, 03:48:22 PM »
S...Successor-sama...*hugs*

Check me out at gunlord500.wordpress.com!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phhCrFZek44

Offline Lashen

• Vampire Hunter
  • ..."Nunchakus."
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Circle of the Moon (GBA)
« Reply #36 on: November 27, 2012, 12:18:08 PM »
Last I saw him was years ago at VG Museum Forums, but he has long since vanished and has never returned.

Same.
He's very distant, I rarely even see him on PSN.
(click to show/hide)

Offline beingthehero

• Duke of New York
  • Master Hunter
  • EROTIC VIOLENCE
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
« Reply #37 on: November 29, 2012, 11:38:06 AM »
+1
I miss Serio.

I think he went crazy several years ago, though.

Offline Dark Nemesis

• Lord of Darkness
  • Master Hunter
  • Peeping your dreams....
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #38 on: November 29, 2012, 12:29:48 PM »
I miss Serio.

I think he went crazy several years ago, though.

I was thinking about him today, it's a shame he went away from the forum.
Ruler of Chaos

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #39 on: November 29, 2012, 05:14:33 PM »
A thought just occurred to me. What happened to ANTRAXX?
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Bloodreign

• Old school and nothing but old school
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • The Best
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #40 on: December 01, 2012, 02:48:43 AM »
+1
A thought just occurred to me. What happened to ANTRAXX?

Easy, went to work for some game company and vanished from IRC one day without a trace after. I tried prodding him to see what his job was there, he couldn't say.

Same.
He's very distant, I rarely even see him on PSN.
Lashen: He got very distant with me too last I saw him, he was a good kid but always seemed kind of down after being cheerful for years, all the way back to our CV Attic days and AIM chats. I'd love to chat with him again, he was a good friend and felt like a little brother to me.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2012, 02:52:19 AM by Bloodreign »

Offline Mooning Freddy

• The scent of my butt will set your soul wandering for eternity!
  • Master Hunter
  • I simply love children.
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #41 on: December 01, 2012, 04:20:37 AM »
Damn. I believe I've been a member of this forum for a long time, at least 7-8 years. Many people who used to frequent this place are gone. Among them Clara, Think Tank, Antraxx, there was this guy named Miguel Dominno Ivanoff who even invited me to join his private forum before vanishing. Good people, really. I believe Abnormal freak is still here.
Had some serious arguments with some people here and I believe I was called an ignorant asshole once, kinda deserved it I suppose I was young and didn't see things the way I do now.

I don't know why still I post on this forum, not being that much into Castlevania or gaming as I used to before. I guess it's because I still have the forum in my browser's favorites, and I'm not a member of any other forums anymore. I don't have opportunities to speak to people outside my friend circle, most of whom are on facebook, and when all of your friends are on facebook you really need to be careful what you post or write to maintain the kind of image you try to reflect.

So yeah, I like to have conversations with people from other countries, more than ever now that I am frustrated by society and politics in my state. In recent years I've mostly posted in off-topic as you know.   
Oh, and moderators, I hope you're not taking my trolling all too serious, it's all good humor you see.
Crisis, if you are reading this, know that uncle Freddy will come and get you deep at night, rehehehehe.
"Yes, I am on a drug. It's called Charlie Sheen. It's not available, because if you try it you will die. Your face will melt off and your children will weep over your exploded body."
~Charlie Sheen

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #42 on: December 01, 2012, 06:52:17 AM »
LOL

Think Tank actually posted not too long ago, I remember him making a topic saying what he was up to (some film stuff I believe). I miss Clara, but I remember her becoming jaded with Castlevania around the time Portrait of Ruin was the topic of discussion, so I guess she no longer has an interest in the series (she was a mod, too). ANTRAXX was cool. What about Ed Oscuro? All I know is when my time comes, I'll prolly make a goodbye topic and relinquish all my Castlevania memorabilia to you all (the Dungeon gets first dibs, then eBay gets the leftovers). it'll happen sooner or later

and where the hell has DiscoAlucard been  ???

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #43 on: December 01, 2012, 09:22:37 AM »
I keep up with Clara on Facebook.
Yeah when Portrait of Ruin came out was around the time she started getting tired of the series.

DiscoAlucard, aka Kurt, lives somewhat near me.  He put out a small book regarding retrogaming, and is engaged (perhaps even married by now).
He's pretty much handed me the keys to the Dungeon.  Trouble is, I don't know what to do with it other than patch it up somewhat.  Next year I'll see what I can do with the site.  Perhaps when Mirror of Fate comes out something will be done, but no promises...

At one point ANTRAXX was still on my AIM list, but now I hardly see him.

Ed Oscuro is a wildcard but lately it's a 'once-a-year' kind of wildcard.
At this point I'm prepared to retire the mods that have been out for so long.
Clearly, Bloodreign, Ralph, and I are the only ones needed. xD
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline Phoenix7786

• Legendary Hunter
  • Neg on that, Chummer
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #44 on: December 01, 2012, 10:53:20 AM »
+1
Damn. I believe I've been a member of this forum for a long time, at least 7-8 years. Many people who used to frequent this place are gone. Among them Clara, Think Tank, Antraxx, there was this guy named Miguel Dominno Ivanoff who even invited me to join his private forum before vanishing. Good people, really. I believe Abnormal freak is still here.
Had some serious arguments with some people here and I believe I was called an ignorant asshole once, kinda deserved it I suppose I was young and didn't see things the way I do now.

I don't know why still I post on this forum, not being that much into Castlevania or gaming as I used to before. I guess it's because I still have the forum in my browser's favorites, and I'm not a member of any other forums anymore. I don't have opportunities to speak to people outside my friend circle, most of whom are on facebook, and when all of your friends are on facebook you really need to be careful what you post or write to maintain the kind of image you try to reflect.

So yeah, I like to have conversations with people from other countries, more than ever now that I am frustrated by society and politics in my state. In recent years I've mostly posted in off-topic as you know.   
Oh, and moderators, I hope you're not taking my trolling all too serious, it's all good humor you see.
Crisis, if you are reading this, know that uncle Freddy will come and get you deep at night, rehehehehe.

I think at some point, after being friends with the same people for an extended period of time, it becomes more about the personal connection to the people rather than the game series that keeps you at a particular place. That's why we have off-topic forums after all; it doesn't ALWAYS have to be about Castlevania.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2012, 08:03:34 PM by Phoenix7786 »
12/1/12: Nominated for my 1st award! Thanks to all :D

Tags: