Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate 3DS (Discussion Thread)  (Read 1820898 times)

Offline CastleDan

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
Re: Castlevania Mirror of Fate ( 3ds )
« Reply #195 on: May 21, 2012, 12:35:48 PM »
The 3DS can't even run this.

that is why i said just not as good graphically. I'm saying their sidescrolling art design was fantastic looking.. I could see them doing great things with the 3d capabilities that the 3ds has.

Offline kingu

• Dragon
  • Forgotten One
  • Hunter in Training
  • You should have saying!
    • Awards
« Reply #196 on: May 21, 2012, 12:36:42 PM »
lords had a few great sights but castlevania should look spooky. GRIMWOODS

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
« Reply #197 on: May 21, 2012, 12:37:16 PM »

I mean imagine stuff like that ( obviously not as good graphically) with 3d effects because of the 3ds....
Dayummm...
Seeing this, I see Mercury Steam working in 2D somewhat believable now. I think the theory of someone developing it alongside MS isn't a very far fetched thing to ponder either. I just want a ton of well designed platforming and fun gameplay.

Offline knightmere

• Lord of The Abyss
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #198 on: May 21, 2012, 12:37:23 PM »
The 3DS can't even run this.

Sorry for the DP, though the post would merge automatically.
Who gives a fuck if the 3DS cant run that?

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #199 on: May 21, 2012, 12:37:45 PM »
List of awesome Wayforward titles that I've played:
Contra 4
Mighty Switch Force
Batman: the Brave & the Bold
Shantae: Risky's Revenge
A Boy & His Blob

I think it'd be totally alright if they worked on stuff, though their forte seems to be 2D sprite games.

Once again, to prove that you don't need high-resolution to deliver beautiful visuals, I turn to Wii favorite Xenoblade Chronicles:
« Last Edit: May 21, 2012, 12:39:27 PM by Jorge D. Fuentes »
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline CastleDan

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #200 on: May 21, 2012, 12:38:27 PM »
lords had a few great sights but castlevania should look spooky. GRIMWOODS
I agree.

Hopefully they took the negative feedback and made a much darker game because the darker locations looked great in LOS....there just should have been more of it.

Offline affinity

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards Will make a staunch stand on one subject and never, ever budge. The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #201 on: May 21, 2012, 12:42:14 PM »
+2
Castlevania series, even 2D is best presented on consoles (Sony's fault for looking down on 2-D videogames since PS2. but with the growing digital market on PS3 and 360,  Konami could bring any new 2-D Castlevanias on console.), even though the GBA/DS series have strong Castlevanias, those Castlevanias could have been just as easily developed for console and presented even BETTER than how the portables presented those games.

I mean the whole 'metroidvania' era and rejuvenation of the series popularity was thanks mainly to SOTN, which has playstation console roots.  and the GBA/DS Castlevanias could have received more sales and fans being developed on PS2/PS3 instead of GBA/DS. 

while portables have their fans, they can't reach the most mainstream, biggest audience and consumer market by going 3DS or Vita instead. 

There are more PS3/360 owners than 3DS, PSP, Vita and DS combined.  and only half of the fanbase would buy a portable for a Castlevania.    There are many fans who would buy a portable,  but just as many wouldn't or shouldn't because the portable would just be a paper weight with so much less to play on it compared to console, and the portable screen size/controls really don't provide the best Castlevania gaming experience that only consoles offer.

Personally Konami really has their priorities backwards.    Castlevania should be getting as much funding and support than Metal Gear Solid, with Iga still in charge of new Castlevanias.   Imagine if Metal Gear franchise only received the budget and support that Castlevania had been receiving during the DS era.   

if Metal Gear Solid 2 and 3 originally developed for GBA/DS and Metal Gear Solid 4 only for PSP.   How much less attention they would get.   That's how it seems to me Castlevania has been treated for the most part. 

Of course Castlevania has received more effort from Konami than anything Nintendo has been doing with Star Fox lately.   but handing the franchise over to foreigners like Cox is even more stupid than Capcom handing DMC over to Ninja Theory.   

Those fools don't have a clue to make all Castlevania fans excited, and Cox is one of the reasons the Castlevania fanbase is divided now.     

it's like if Nintendo decides to let Jay Wilson make a Mario game.  How can fans accept LoS when it betrayed the foundations of Castlevania?   It's like Classical music fans not minding Rappers remixing their favorite songs into abominations.   LoS just leaves a bad taste that can't be forgiven.

who's the writer of MoF?  Didn't Alvarez write LoS story?  If so MoF's story is probably doomed already.   
« Last Edit: May 21, 2012, 12:46:39 PM by affinity »

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #202 on: May 21, 2012, 12:42:31 PM »
+1
If the animations anything like this
Castlevania Lords of Shadow - Abilities Sketch

SHUTUPANDTAKEMYMONEY.jpeg

Offline DragonSlayr81

• The Beast Inside
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
Re: Castlevania 3DS confirmed- Castlevania: Mirror of Faith(fate?)
« Reply #203 on: May 21, 2012, 12:42:49 PM »
No truce then? I guess it only takes one person and the cycle begins all over again.
Truce was never an option, sadly. It's always ego over stability!

Offline CastleDan

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #204 on: May 21, 2012, 12:44:34 PM »

Lol Mercurysteam should just think/focus on making 2d castlevanias imo haha

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
« Reply #205 on: May 21, 2012, 12:45:23 PM »

My wallet is crying tears of money.

Offline Maedhros

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
« Reply #206 on: May 21, 2012, 12:47:15 PM »
Who gives a fuck if the 3DS cant run that?
wWell, isn't the title almost confirmed for the 3DS? I was just saying the game wouldn't probably look that beautiful on the 3DS. Rayman Origins is an example of game not looking as good as the other versions.

Offline kingu

• Dragon
  • Forgotten One
  • Hunter in Training
  • You should have saying!
    • Awards
« Reply #207 on: May 21, 2012, 12:48:26 PM »
+1
to specify on the environments in lords, they were more ancient and mystic. a dusk forest with dead trees wouldn't hurt. even a normal forest in the night, dark and vibrant colors contrasting. web in trees, no goblins.

Offline affinity

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards Will make a staunch stand on one subject and never, ever budge. The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #208 on: May 21, 2012, 12:48:48 PM »
My wallet is crying tears of money.

it takes far more than flashy whip animations to make a worthy Castlevania.   Just saying.   ;D

Offline beingthehero

• Duke of New York
  • Master Hunter
  • EROTIC VIOLENCE
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
« Reply #209 on: May 21, 2012, 12:49:04 PM »
I guess a 3D version of FOREST OF MONSTERS from SCIV or OoE's Misty Forest Road would be killer.

Tags: .....? 

anything