Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: OldBoy director knows what kind of music a vampire story must have  (Read 4710 times)

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
Re: OldBoy director knows what kind of music a vampire story must have
« Reply #15 on: August 09, 2013, 02:06:44 AM »
+1
The more I wish for a bright future for CV...

Offline Pfil

• How I miss the old days...
  • Master Hunter
  • Quit treating me like a child!
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin (NDS)
« Reply #16 on: August 09, 2013, 03:42:55 PM »
So do I...
Now I'm tired, eternally walking... forever dying, and never stopping. I feel in sorrow, all I see is white. I’m following a blind way beneath a sad sky.

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #17 on: August 09, 2013, 07:10:32 PM »
Meh

music didnt do it for me. kind of bland actually. Just because it has violin and a harpsichord doesnt automatically make it good.
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline Pfil

• How I miss the old days...
  • Master Hunter
  • Quit treating me like a child!
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin (NDS)
« Reply #18 on: August 09, 2013, 07:39:40 PM »
Meh

music didnt do it for me. kind of bland actually. Just because it has violin and a harpsichord doesnt automatically make it good.
No it doesn't. I've found plenty of praised themes that got praised only because they have classical instruments but then they are musically empty.
Melody, arrangements and chords progression is what got me with this soundtrack, and of course, instruments helped, but that's secondary for me. I can equally enjoy good music in full orchestral mode or just with SNES sound.
But everyone has their personal preferences.
Now I'm tired, eternally walking... forever dying, and never stopping. I feel in sorrow, all I see is white. I’m following a blind way beneath a sad sky.

Tags: