Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Blade Runner: The Final Cut  (Read 4922 times)

Offline Pneophen

• Ok. We'll move.
    • Awards
Blade Runner: The Final Cut
« on: January 01, 2008, 12:01:11 PM »
For anyone that has seen this version, what did you think of it?

It's been a while since I've seen this movie so it was hard to tell what was new, besides the unicorn scene and the ending.

Other than that, the movie still rocks.

Juno106

Re: Blade Runner: The Final Cut
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2008, 12:06:52 PM »
I haven't seen it myself.

Does it imply Deckard's a replicant?

Offline Gunlord

• Wandering Mendicant
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Meow.
  • Awards Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • My blog
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2008, 01:34:31 PM »
In Reply To #1

Pardon my ignorance, but how many times has Blade Runner been re-released? I remember the original, the remastered version, the Director's Cut, and now this Final Cut?

Check me out at gunlord500.wordpress.com!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phhCrFZek44

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Swankster's Backloggery
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2008, 01:42:02 PM »
In Reply To #3

This new final cut is supposedly Ridley Scott's true vision (as the so-called director's cut wasn't really his preferred cut). The film has been in editing turmoil all these years.

Haven't had the chance to see the final cut yet. I really, really want to, though. My friend's a fan of the film, and he owns an HDTV and an HD DVD player, and I know he wants to buy the film if he hasn't already, so when he does I'll be sure to go over there and watch it sometime.

I had the opportunity to see it in a theater, but it was only playing in Minneapolis for one night, and I couldn't get anyone to come with me, so I decided I didn't wanna drive to Uptown by myself.

I'd buy the movie on home video, but I don't want to purchase the DVD as in order to get all five versions of the film, including the work print, I'd have to buy the briefcase edition, which is like $70-80 or something. All five versions come with both the Blu-ray and HD DVD releases, which are around $30 each, but I haven't gone hi-def yet. :o
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline ringo

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2008, 04:15:17 PM »
Back when I was in high school Blade Runner was one of the topics in our final year English class. I remember back then they were still fighting about the rights to the movie and of Scott wanting to release another version. 3 years later and here it is! I'll have to check it out, I am curious what they've done with it.

Offline The Last Belmont

• Seasoned Adventurer
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2008, 11:11:49 PM »
For anyone that has seen this version, what did you think of it?

It's been a while since I've seen this movie so it was hard to tell what was new, besides the unicorn scene and the ending.

Other than that, the movie still rocks.

oh yeah I'm so psyched this is finally out. (goes to dl it) The original theatrical version has never been released on a portable media before and I've had to rely on what my Dad told me was not there from when he saw it in theatres back in the 80's when I was a baby. I'm also psyched they added even more new stuff to the release and we can final watch the film the way the makers intended. :D
_______________________________________ ______________

Offline Mooning Freddy

• The scent of my butt will set your soul wandering for eternity!
  • Master Hunter
  • I simply love children.
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2008, 11:07:56 AM »
Strangely enough, I was bored by this movie. I tried to watch it once a year or two because I heard it's a good one. But after 30 minutes of watching, I still couldn't get what is going on in the movie and what is it about, so I quit.
"Yes, I am on a drug. It's called Charlie Sheen. It's not available, because if you try it you will die. Your face will melt off and your children will weep over your exploded body."
~Charlie Sheen

Juno106

« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2008, 11:15:25 AM »
In Reply To #7

What movie? It's all about the great music score by Vangelis   ;)

Offline Pneophen

• Ok. We'll move.
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2008, 11:14:57 AM »
In Reply To #7
Yeah the pace of the movie is pretty slow. It does pick up later, but if you couldn't sit through it a year ago, this version won't change your opinion on it.

I ended up getting this for my dad for Christmas which is how I got to see it, killing two birds with one stone. The only version of the movie he had was on this shitty format: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Capacitance_Electronic_Disc.

Offline The Last Belmont

• Seasoned Adventurer
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2008, 11:26:45 PM »

I ended up getting this for my dad for Christmas which is how I got to see it, killing two birds with one stone. The only version of the movie he had was on this shitty format: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Capacitance_Electronic_Disc.

wow dude, that format is old.
_______________________________________ ______________

Tags: