Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: 2:10...roomate....snoooring...God help me...  (Read 5549 times)

Offline Slayer

• The Prince of a town called Bel-Air
  • Master Hunter
  • The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
2:10...roomate....snoooring...God help me...
« on: February 27, 2008, 11:10:40 PM »
...can't...get...to sleep...too...much...noise...
...I think I'm going to imagine a wooden sailboat, swaying at anchor in a distant lake...no, screw that, I'm sleeping in the lounge tonight...I hope my roomate doesn't think I'm dead, or something...
« Last Edit: February 27, 2008, 11:14:35 PM by Slayer »
----------------------------------------------
Tetris world record, set.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_3mxSPWAn4

Offline Kale

• The Ophidian Lord
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
Re: 2:10...roomate....snoooring...God help me...
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2008, 01:40:33 AM »
wakehim up, so that hes stuck being awake with you!

Offline Bloodreign

• Old school and nothing but old school
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • The Best
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2008, 02:12:02 AM »
Best way to stop a snorer, elbow him/her in the ribs....hard. Also recommend Breathe Right strips to said roommate, should help alleviate snoring.

The elbow trick works well, when friends and I would get together to play cards and smoke cigars, we had one friend who would snore like a freight train. I couldn't sleep with all the noise so I'd go into the room where he was and literally elbow him in the ribs, naturally he'd get startled and I'd say dude you were snoring. He'd play it all cool and would snore soon after, after 2-3 elbows to the ribs, he'd stop.

Offline Slayer

• Master Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2008, 04:38:13 AM »
Best way to stop a snorer, elbow him/her in the ribs....hard. Also recommend Breathe Right strips to said roommate, should help alleviate snoring.
I don't want to alleviate unbroken ribs, neither (through the elbow thing)...plus, our beds are lofted, so I'd have to climb up to his bed and perform a balancing act in order to really do that...and I don't want to tell him to use strips, becuase that would be kinda rude in my book, no offense.
I think I'm just going to have to fall asleep before he does, so that I can avoid the snoring and be too deep in sleep to  be woken up by that noise.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2008, 04:40:29 AM by Slayer »

Offline Rugal

• I SHALL DEVOUR
  • Master Hunter
  • I SHALL DEVOUR
  • Awards A master of sarcasm whose words often drip with satire and cynicism. Will make a staunch stand on one subject and never, ever budge. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2008, 07:03:51 AM »
Throw a pillow at him, then quickly look as if you're sleeping. He won't know what happend.

Works for me all the time.
Castlevania: Lords of Shadow sucks
DmC: Devil may Cry is the equivalent of trailer trash
"badly designed fat left on Lords of Shadow 2's bones."

Offline erimocard

• satin demon
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Gro
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2008, 07:30:48 AM »
Give him valerian sausages.

Offline Dark Nemesis

• Lord of Darkness
  • Master Hunter
  • Peeping your dreams....
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2008, 12:36:51 PM »
Throw a pillow at him, then quickly look as if you're sleeping. He won't know what happend.

Works for me all the time.

I think this is the best way!! lol ;D
Ruler of Chaos

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2008, 02:28:16 PM »
In Reply to #1

Might I suggest an Mp3 player and noise-canceling headphones?  That's what I use when I go to overnight-stay-gaming parties (80% of the guys there are HEAVY snorers).

I usually put on my DS with Mp3's or my laptop with Mp3's and leave it on overnight.

If you get the good type of Sony earbuds (they cost more than $50 though) you can tune out just about anything.

You should talk to him about it, though.  And yeah the breathe-right strips would probably help, though sometimes they don't.

You can also go to the pharmacy or something and get "Hearos" which are earplugs that block that kind of thing out.  You compress the foamy plug in your hand, then stick it in your ear.  When it expands, it covers the entire ear canal as well as stopping most noises.
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline Kale

• The Ophidian Lord
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2008, 02:31:28 PM »
how you people sleep with anything on you is beyond me, I can't sleep if I got headphones on or those blinder things on or anything that isn't .... normal for me.

Offline Aridale

• Master Hunter
  • =D
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2008, 04:02:46 PM »
I cant use headphones at all unless Im focused on a game or somethin. Im just paranoid enough that when I cant hear around me Im constantly lookin around. I look around all the time anyway like a cat or somethin but its really bad with headphones. No way I could sleep like that. Not only would I be paranoid Id think I was gonna choke mself to death in my sleep.

Id suggest the breathe right things. They work well supposedly and apparently your not sleeping well when your snorin cause your not breathing well so look at it from the perspective of helping him get a better nights sleep. It doesnt have to come across as "If you dont stop snorin Im gonna smother you in your sleep you fucker"

Offline Slayer

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2008, 06:25:51 PM »
In Reply To #8

In Reply to #1

Might I suggest an Mp3 player and noise-canceling headphones?  That's what I use when I go to overnight-stay-gaming parties (80% of the guys there are HEAVY snorers).

I usually put on my DS with Mp3's or my laptop with Mp3's and leave it on overnight.

If you get the good type of Sony earbuds (they cost more than $50 though) you can tune out just about anything.

You should talk to him about it, though.  And yeah the breathe-right strips would probably help, though sometimes they don't.

You can also go to the pharmacy or something and get "Hearos" which are earplugs that block that kind of thing out.  You compress the foamy plug in your hand, then stick it in your ear.  When it expands, it covers the entire ear canal as well as stopping most noises.
Yeah, I tried Fender outer-ear headphones and played "Somebody to Love" by Queen on repeat.  I figured a soft song like that would get me to sleep, but I couldn't...I think I'm gonna talk to him about it, actually...

Offline PFG9000

• No, not the gun
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Fan of all things Floyd
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2008, 10:12:31 PM »
I was going to suggest that you skip that whole "solving the problem" thing and go straight to Revenge.  I would've told you to put one of his hands in a glass of warm water so he wets the bed.

But then you mentioned he's on the upper bunk, and you're underneath him.  Yeah, don't try that one.

Offline Slayer

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: February 29, 2008, 04:36:08 AM »
In Reply To #12

Lol, actually both our beds are lofted, for storage purposes, not bunked...I wouldn't try something like that, anyway, though...now lining the bed with hair shavings so he ictches to the point he can't sleep... ;D

Offline DoctaMario

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: March 03, 2008, 09:46:41 AM »
The earplugs are the way to go. I used to live next to a construction site and they'd start with these tillers at 7am that would shake my whole place. But I'd put the earplugs in and sleep like a baby. ;)

That and the breathe rite strips are a good idea.

Offline Slayer

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: March 03, 2008, 01:33:01 PM »
Found out what the problem was.  He was congested in the nasal area, but he's stopped snoring now that he's pretty much cleared it.  Thank God...

Tags: