Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: God was behind Big Bang, universe no accident: Pope  (Read 15982 times)

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
Re: God was behind Big Bang, universe no accident: Pope
« Reply #30 on: January 09, 2011, 02:42:19 PM »
If you guys want something that's really though-provoking then check this guy out:

http://www.disclose.tv/action/viewvideo/2946/Nassim_Haramein_s_Unified_Field_Theory___Part_1/

He goes into detail about life, the universe, religion, etc. It's a two part video and each is about 4 hours long so if you wanna watch it, get comfortable. But I highly recommend it even though the occasional point conflicts with my personal views.

-X
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Kale

• The Ophidian Lord
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #31 on: January 09, 2011, 05:01:36 PM »
Got a summary of what's talked about? I dont' like watching things too much, I tend to start skipping.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #32 on: January 09, 2011, 06:57:05 PM »
Well check out the link and it should also have small clips of different segments of the main video. It's all there and I would have to see it again to give you a breaf summery.

-X
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Evil_Tim

• Demon Salesman
  • Hunter in Training
  • It is shameful for a demon to be working
    • Awards
« Reply #33 on: January 09, 2011, 11:58:25 PM »
Got a summary of what's talked about? I dont' like watching things too much, I tend to start skipping.

http://azureworld.blogspot.com/2010/02/nassim-haramein-fraud-or-sage-part-2.html

Read and skip the whole video.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #34 on: January 10, 2011, 12:08:56 AM »
I wouldn't skip the video if I were you. This article you've directed me to sounds as though the official scientific communtity is trying to make him look like a fraud. In the vedio he does say that because of his theories, he was quickly dismissed from his lecture. Dismissed because he was challanging the current status quo of scientific thinking. So before you judge the man, give the video a chance and you might be surprised. like I said, you might not agree with all he says, but he makes a damned good argument and challanges our current way of thinking.

-X

Joachim

« Reply #35 on: January 10, 2011, 12:11:46 AM »
For me, the Big Bang never happened. It is only in our "finite" minds that everything must have a beginning and an end because it's the simplest way to think about things. For me, the universe never had a beginning and it will never have an end. It was always here, ever growing, ever changing, ever evolving, forever. A lot of ancient religons tell that the universe is the body of god and since god is eternal, then it is logical to think the same concept applies to the universe as well. It quite a comforting thing to think about rather then waiting to see the "Big Crunch" or end of time creep up on you.

-X
...And what about all the evidence for it?
Further: The Big Bang is not necessarily an "absolute beginning" of everything; it is a beginning of time and space as we know it; its validity is not contingent upon their being absolutely nothing before it.

In fact, http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-1334027/Universe-shows-imprints-events-took-place-BEFORE-Big-Bang-say-scientists.html these scientists believe they have evidence that might indicate there were events prior to the big bang encoded into the cosmic microwave background radiation.

I should note, I stopped reading the thread after the end of the first page and then made this response. It is late and I am heading to bed soon, so I won't get to it until later. If anything I've said here has since been answered or discussed, then I'll deal with it tomorrow.

Offline Evil_Tim

• Demon Salesman
  • Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #36 on: January 10, 2011, 12:14:01 AM »
This article you've directed me to sounds as though the official scientific communtity is trying to make him look like a fraud. In the vedio he does say that because of his theories, he was quickly dismissed from his lecture. Dismissed because he was challanging the current status quo of scientific thinking.

And you don't think there's something odd about claiming that everyone disagreeing with him is proof that he's right? You could make the same argument about the idea that the earth is flat or evolution isn't real: everyone in the scientific community disagrees with those, too. Or that you should drive the wrong way down a highway at a hundred miles an hour, all those motorists beeping their horns and cops trying to arrest you are just trying to cover up the truth that the lanes are the wrong way around.

Now, here we have a guy who thinks a proton weighs almost a billion tons, an idea so entirely stupid it defies belief. His ideas about the binding energy of protons mean he believes the energy required to seperate two would be about half that required to knock the moon out of orbit. It's hardly surprising the scientific community doesn't take his theories seriously; they're bad science.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2011, 05:51:05 AM by Evil_Tim »

Offline Kale

• The Ophidian Lord
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #37 on: January 10, 2011, 02:24:12 AM »
In fact, http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-1334027/Universe-shows-imprints-events-took-place-BEFORE-Big-Bang-say-scientists.html these scientists believe they have evidence that might indicate there were events prior to the big bang encoded into the cosmic microwave background radiation.

Not at all surprising... as the Big Bang is supposed to happen when particles strike each other right? So if there weren't anything before it, it couldn't happen.

Of course, I could've remembered wrong, feel free to correct.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #38 on: January 10, 2011, 11:30:35 AM »
And you don't think there's something odd about claiming that everyone disagreeing with him is proof that he's right? You could make the same argument about the idea that the earth is flat or evolution isn't real: everyone in the scientific community disagrees with those, too. Or that you should drive the wrong way down a highway at a hundred miles an hour, all those motorists beeping their horns and cops trying to arrest you are just trying to cover up the truth that the lanes are the wrong way around.

What I was getting at more 'n less was that if you; one man, challanged the whole scientific community about a claim that you felt was genuine, you too would be met with harsh criticism, hate and fear because you were challanging their long-istablished dogma. It's no different then the Pharmaceutical companies telling you that only their products can and will help you get better and to avoid natural pathic or holistic healing. If you missinterpited my last message then I do apologizes, but you need to have an open mind too. Don't stop at one thing and leave the rest behind. Go digging and don't stop. If it pisses people off that you're doing something that defies everything else then so be it. It means that you're doing what you beileve to be true.

-X

Joachim

« Reply #39 on: January 10, 2011, 07:57:00 PM »
Dogma? Opinion instantly discounted.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #40 on: January 10, 2011, 10:39:18 PM »
That's up to Jorge, Joachim. but if all you guys want to nail me to a cross befitting a Drumhead trial? Then by all means.

-X

Joachim

« Reply #41 on: January 10, 2011, 10:59:34 PM »
...It's up to Jorge that I'm dismissing your opinion because of your ludicrous usage of the word dogma?

Offline Evil_Tim

• Demon Salesman
  • Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #42 on: January 11, 2011, 12:02:46 AM »
It's no different then the Pharmaceutical companies telling you that only their products can and will help you get better and to avoid natural pathic or holistic healing.

Yes, it's like that in the sense that isn't true either. There's the little matter that very few "natural" remedies are subject to any meaningful form of regulation, make claims they have no way of backing up, and when they're actually subject to double-blind testing don't perform any better than placebo doses do.

Now, this guy thinks a proton weighs almost a billion tons. Doesn't it strike you as even slightly off that he's claiming a subatomic particle is as massive as a small mountain?

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #43 on: January 11, 2011, 12:28:57 AM »
Now, this guy thinks a proton weighs almost a billion tons. Doesn't it strike you as even slightly off that he's claiming a subatomic particle is as massive as a small mountain?

That does sound puzzling, yes. However if that particular proton came from the core of a dence white dwarf star or pulsar, then I'd consider it. Any form of matter from such a densely packed object could weight up to billions of tons no-matter how small.

-X

Offline Evil_Tim

• Demon Salesman
  • Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #44 on: January 11, 2011, 01:00:16 AM »
That does sound puzzling, yes. However if that particular proton came from the core of a dence white dwarf star or pulsar, then I'd consider it. Any form of matter from such a densely packed object could weight up to billions of tons no-matter how small.

No it couldn't. That's as ridiculous as saying a half-inch pebble from a mountain could weigh a thousand tons because the mountain itself weighs billions. Neutron stars are formed out of perfectly ordinary atomic nuclei compacted to the point they contain very little empty space (which atoms normally consist almost entirely of). The mass of a proton is known (1.67 trillionths of a trillionth of a gram). This is rather less than 885 million tons.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2011, 01:03:03 AM by Evil_Tim »

Tags: