Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Movies that made you cry  (Read 10216 times)

Lone Wolf

Re: Movies that made you cry
« Reply #30 on: May 16, 2013, 10:30:29 AM »
Also the end of the Walking Dead game got me to cry real hard.

Man.. Now i remember the game and some parts on it...
(click to show/hide)

Offline Mooning Freddy

• The scent of my butt will set your soul wandering for eternity!
  • Master Hunter
  • I simply love children.
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #31 on: May 18, 2013, 07:56:44 AM »
"Remember the Titans" is one movie that I should mention as being particularly emotional and optimistic. You'd expect that from a Disney movie, but it's also based on a real story so it's quite realistic as well. It is beautiful how the players in the team manage to put aside their prejudice to form real friendship through sport, and how the world around them disrespects them because they represent something they disagree with.
"Yes, I am on a drug. It's called Charlie Sheen. It's not available, because if you try it you will die. Your face will melt off and your children will weep over your exploded body."
~Charlie Sheen

Lone Wolf

Re: Movies that made you cry
« Reply #32 on: May 18, 2013, 10:33:40 AM »
Alright, anyone agrees with Dumbledore's death in Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince?

(click to show/hide)

Offline TheouAegis

• Amateur Auteur of GMvania
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • GMvania Developer's Blog
    • Awards
« Reply #33 on: May 18, 2013, 08:54:54 PM »
OH MY GOD! I knew I was forgetting something!

Kiki's Delivery Service

I watched the North American release first. Actually I don't know if I ever saw the Japanese version. But I was crying like a baby at one point in that movie. The scene where Kiki can no longer understand Jiji, her cat. That scene seriously made me cry so fucking hard, it would have been embarrassing if it wasn't for the simple fact that my poor brain was seeing coincidental connections between Jiji losing his "voice" and the fact that Phil Hartman was the voice of Jiji.

For those of you that don't remember, Phil Hartman was murdered by his coked-out wife. I saw Kiki's Delivery Service shortly after that (found it at the library). The fact that Jiji never talked for the rest of the movie didn't help either. I think I've only watched that movie once because that scene was just too hard for me to deal with.

R.I.P. Phil
Your mom has had more floppies put in her than a Commodore 64!

Follow my lack of progress on my game at my blog:
http://gmvania.blogspot.com

Offline Mooning Freddy

• The scent of my butt will set your soul wandering for eternity!
  • Master Hunter
  • I simply love children.
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #34 on: June 19, 2013, 06:38:48 AM »
Sorry for thread resurrection, but here's a movie that needs to be mentioned:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0395169/?ref_=sr_3

"Hotel Rwanda" presents the story of a Rwandan hotel manager who was caught with his family in the genocide of Tutsi tribesmen by the Hutu government during a civil war in the country.
The movie presents wild, violent anti-Tutsi propaganda which lead to the genocide and, most horribly, the impotence of UN soldiers in the country to do anything while people are being slaughtered in front of their eyes. 

"Yes, I am on a drug. It's called Charlie Sheen. It's not available, because if you try it you will die. Your face will melt off and your children will weep over your exploded body."
~Charlie Sheen

Offline Gecko

• King for 1,000 Years on Occasion Avenue
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #35 on: June 19, 2013, 07:46:19 AM »
Oh man, I missed this thread before!

There's nothing girly about crying when you relate to an emotional moment of a good movie or show.

A lot of you have already listed these, but:
The Lion King
Toy Story 3
Pokemon: The First Movie

I've had more of these moments with shows than movies though. You have more time to really fall in love with the characters.

Pokemon - Pikachu's Goodbye, and the episode where you learn why Meowth learned to talk.

Buffy The Vampire Slayer - The Body
Just seeing this girl who's basically a superhero get completely broken when dealing with her mother's sudden death with absolutely no supernatural cause is really heartbreaking. She's used to being able to fight to protect the people she loves, but then this happens, and she has no idea what to do. It's an incredibly human moment, something this show always did really well.
Moments in television : Buffy the Vampire Slayer - The Body

Torchwood: Children of the Earth (short series of Torchwood)
Just all the things that happen to nearly all the characters, to the children, to Jack's daughter...
If you don't cry during this, it just means you don't have a soul.

Those are the big ones I was able to think of just now. There are others.
------------
Return to CastleVania

Offline Pfil

• How I miss the old days...
  • Master Hunter
  • Quit treating me like a child!
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin (NDS)
« Reply #36 on: June 24, 2013, 03:04:32 PM »
Pan's Labyrinth, another movie with a heartbreaking ending.
Now I'm tired, eternally walking... forever dying, and never stopping. I feel in sorrow, all I see is white. I’m following a blind way beneath a sad sky.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #37 on: June 24, 2013, 05:33:58 PM »
The BBC documentary called Krakatoa: Volcano of destruction. While it is mainly a documentary of the 1883 eruption, the scenes that they show of the disaster, and of families and their lives being destroyed did bring some tears to my eyes. i found the acting very well done.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #38 on: June 25, 2013, 02:26:09 AM »
Most disaster documentaries are really sad.

The BBC documentary called Krakatoa: Volcano of destruction.
I think I watched that before.

The latest one I watched has all those amateur videos on the Japanese Quake and Tsunami of 2011.
Well, I'm emotionally invested with that incident since my sister was studying in Japan that time.

Offline TheouAegis

• Amateur Auteur of GMvania
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • GMvania Developer's Blog
    • Awards
« Reply #39 on: June 25, 2013, 08:43:36 PM »
12 Monkeys

It didn't make me cry. Maybe it was because I read a spoiler before I watched it, so I knew how it was going to end. ... Also I guess it was kinda predictable. But although it did not make me cry, it made me somewhat nauseous. The ending was sickening in a way. It was a bit of a mash-up between T2 and Rise Of The Machines, in that [spoilerthe amiable hero dies at the end of the movie and the surviving protagonists witness the start of a horrific cataclysm arising in their lifetime.[/spoiler]

Still, 12 Monkeys is an excellent movie. Bruce Willis was very good under Terry Gilliam's direction. And Brad Pitt was simply incredible as a drugged-up crackpot in a looney-bin. And the story was superb too, in spite of not being written by Gilliam.  :P
Did we mention T2 yet? I can't remember. This thread is old and starting to get long. I'm pretty sure we did.

... OH MY GOD! NOBODY MENTIONED T2 YET?!? THAT WAS SERIOUSLY ONE OF THE SADDEST MOMENTS IN MOVIE HISTORY! SERIOUSLY! OH MY GOD HOW COULD ANYONE NOT POST THIS CLIP IN THIS THREAD YET?!?!?!!!! I know the soundtrack was brought up in another thread, but not this thread?

Terminator 2 ending scene

Seriously, any movie that takes a bad-ass theme song and makes you forever more think of it as "Taps for a killing machine" has to be near the top of the list. And of course one of the saddest songs ever in an action film to support it didn't help either.

T2 ending theme "Its over (goodbye)
« Last Edit: June 25, 2013, 09:23:15 PM by TheouAegis »
Your mom has had more floppies put in her than a Commodore 64!

Follow my lack of progress on my game at my blog:
http://gmvania.blogspot.com

Offline A-Yty

• Your beloved monster
  • Master Hunter
  • Floating Catacomb janitor
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Linnavaanijat
    • Awards
« Reply #40 on: June 26, 2013, 12:06:33 AM »
Most disaster documentaries are really sad.

I suggest Threads. It's not a "real" documentary, but a disturbing and very realistic depiction of nuclear warfare's after effects.

Offline Gaawa-chan

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork.
    • Awards
« Reply #41 on: June 26, 2013, 03:12:25 AM »
Beyond what's already been mentioned?

Cry, The Beloved Country (1995) is arguably my favorite movie of all time.  I recommend not looking it up on Youtube, though; the trailer AND the only clip from the film are both spoilerific. It's an overlooked gem of a film starring James Earl Jones and Richard Harris. To give you a very rough idea of what it's about, two very different men find common ground between one another through a tragic event.

Bent (1997) upset me quite a bit, particularly because I watched it just after watching Brokeback Mountain. I shouldn't let my mom pick movies for us to watch; she always manages to find depressing films. >_>

Tags: