Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: What game(s) have you been playing lately?  (Read 586858 times)

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Vampire Killer (MSX)
Re: What game(s) have you been playing lately?
« Reply #810 on: May 08, 2014, 11:49:08 AM »
STILL playing Xenoblade Chronicles. I need to hit this one up more than once a month if I'm going to beat it before the sequel comes out.
"Stuff and things."

Offline Viskod

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #811 on: May 11, 2014, 01:33:26 PM »
I'm just killing time until Mario Kart 8. Thought about playing through Persona 4 Golden again.

Offline Rudolph LagnaGaisaer

• Dragon Slayer.
  • Hunter in Training
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Circle of the Moon (GBA)
« Reply #812 on: May 12, 2014, 07:36:33 AM »
Have you guy's seen this indie game ?

http://store.steampowered.com/app/252030

very cool Metroidvania combination. and is very challenging too and come with a great replay value.

Offline son_the_vampire

• Chilly Lemonade
  • Legendary Hunter
  • I see you over there.. Yeah you
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Chronicles: Akumajo Dracula (X68k/PS1)
« Reply #813 on: May 12, 2014, 07:55:54 AM »
I have had a little more time on my hands and have been attempting a speed run on Harmony of Dissonance (maxim)

Could someone explain if there is any way to record this feat using a DS lite? No ideas yet other than a go pro camera but damn that would be terrible quality id imagine lol
Twitch.tv/TrippyLemonss

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #814 on: May 13, 2014, 10:44:56 PM »
Silent Hill and dreaming of a proper graphics remake for it.
"Stuff and things."

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
  • Not going to lie I love blue haired anime chicks
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #815 on: May 15, 2014, 08:13:08 PM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6hRXxnTue5w

Lashen is Dio to me now  :P But 8(Me)-10(11 but I had to stop mid way so... yeah) for a first time is not bad either. I found a rival  :) Had close matches too. Hope he feels the same way. It was HD by the way not all star battle.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2014, 08:19:56 PM by Neobelmont »
(click to show/hide)
Come on now this was going to happen eventually  :P

Offline Munchy

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #816 on: May 15, 2014, 10:32:22 PM »
DKC Tropical Freeze. It's goddamn amazing. Looks great, has playable Cranky, and David Wise's soundtrack is godly. Also you don't have to waggle to roll and there isn't a world exclusively made up of those hideous rocket barrel levels (at least so far). DKCR was already pretty damn good, but this game blows it out of the water in pretty much every way (except for Cranky being in the shop to shout "WWWUUUUEEEEEEHHHHHH" at you for buying items).

Offline Bloodreign

• Old school and nothing but old school
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • The Best
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #817 on: May 15, 2014, 10:54:55 PM »
Konami's Taisen Puzzle Dama series, and plenty of it. So much like Puyo Puyo other than 1 title, and even then it still is close to that series.

Offline beingthehero

• Duke of New York
  • Master Hunter
  • EROTIC VIOLENCE
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
« Reply #818 on: May 16, 2014, 05:19:59 AM »
Been replaying STALKER: Shadow of Chernobyl on and off for the past couple weeks. Also started Super Mario Bros. 3 last night. Still so, so good.

Silent Hill and dreaming of a proper graphics remake for it.

To be honest a lot of people like myself think the dated graphics have actually increase the horror because the monsters look so abstract. Those little fuckers with the giant claws in the sewer can fuck right off along with those ape-human things that jump on you and bite a chunk off of you. I cringe every time that happens.

Offline Kale

• The Ophidian Lord
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #819 on: May 16, 2014, 05:51:33 AM »
Have you guy's seen this indie game ?

http://store.steampowered.com/app/252030

very cool Metroidvania combination. and is very challenging too and come with a great replay value.

I think I beat it.... with the monk girl. Game is hard... and the time thing is a bit annoying. But it is cool though.

Offline Ratty

• A Little Pile of Secrets
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Tea. Earl Grey. Hot.
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Other (?)
« Reply #820 on: May 16, 2014, 08:33:09 AM »
I think I beat it.... with the monk girl. Game is hard... and the time thing is a bit annoying. But it is cool though.

I've played a bit of Valdis Story, it seemed alright.

Playing Secret of Mana for the first time. Lot of fun, love the artstyle. Too bad a lot of the dialog apparently had to be cut to boil conversations down to essentials because of space requirements in the English version.

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
    • Awards
« Reply #821 on: May 17, 2014, 02:47:26 AM »
UnEpic and it is the shizznit.
"Stuff and things."

Offline JR

• Home Gym Rat
  • Master Hunter
  • That Star Wars will make a million bucks someday.
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #822 on: May 18, 2014, 02:51:48 AM »
Just finally finished up with Dark Souls 2, NG then NG+ right after. Spent way too much time on that one...I feel like an unfrozen caveman, or something.

Back to Strider now!
It's like Who Wants to Be a Millionaire, but instead it's Who Wants Fried Chicken? I do.

Offline GummiCandyful

• Vampire Hunter
  • Lurker
    • Awards
« Reply #823 on: May 18, 2014, 09:04:44 PM »
Kirby: Triple Deluxe, Super Mario Bros. 3, and Kirby and The Amazing Mirror.

The Triforce of Fuckery

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #824 on: May 23, 2014, 08:01:49 AM »
STILL playing Xenoblade Chronicles. I need to hit this one up more than once a month if I'm going to beat it before the sequel comes out.

That game looks AMAAAAZING on Dolphin (I have a Newgame+ file I migrated from my Wii so I get NewGame+ goodness :D ):

As for me, I got a sweet new Image Scaler (the older one was amazing as well, but it didn't do 1920x1080 and failed to recognize my Sega Genesis's signal, while this one does).  So as a result:
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Tags: