Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: What game(s) have you been playing lately?  (Read 586677 times)

Offline zangetsu468

• Master Hunter
  • God bless the hustler, curse the first sleeper
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
Re: What game(s) have you been playing lately?
« Reply #1005 on: May 11, 2015, 09:18:06 PM »
Finished Ranko Tsukigimes Longest Day.
Really short game, but I actually like the momentum based platforming a lot. It's something I've not seen in previous games.
The art style was up my alley also.
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<[Judgement]>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

**<<<<<SuperCVIV>COTM<<<<<<<<+
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v                 ^
                                 ^      l   v  ^    +<<<<<<<BE
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v                 ^  
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v     BE>>> VK<**   
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v     ^          ^   
            +<<<<<Legends>HC>OOS>LOD>64       ^
            v                           l              ^                ^
            v                           l     BE>> * <<<BE    RE
            v                           l      ^               ^       ^
LOI>CVIII>COD>AR>BR>CVC>CVII>HOD>ROB>SOTN>OOE>BL>POR>AOS>DOS>>>KD
                                                                          v
                                                                         BE>*  
BE=Bad Ending
RE=Richter Ending

Offline JR

• Home Gym Rat
  • Master Hunter
  • That Star Wars will make a million bucks someday.
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #1006 on: May 12, 2015, 05:27:03 PM »
Finished the original Metroid last night, something I've never done. It's still amazing how much that game offered, so early in the NES' lifespan.

I'm on an NES spree. Just played Burai Fighter for a bit. It's definitely interesting, but I kind of suck at it.
It's like Who Wants to Be a Millionaire, but instead it's Who Wants Fried Chicken? I do.

Offline Gunlord

• Wandering Mendicant
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Meow.
  • Awards Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • My blog
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #1007 on: May 15, 2015, 12:02:32 AM »
Mentioned this in my latest blog entry (gunlord500.wordpress.com--sorry for the advertising XD) but I've been playing Interplanetary on Steam. It's pretty fun, haven't seen a physics game quite like it before :D

Check me out at gunlord500.wordpress.com!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phhCrFZek44

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #1008 on: May 15, 2015, 04:40:34 AM »
Been playing SOTN on PSP for the first time. I got to the inverted castle and then found the Crissagram nearly right away! And then I died! And haven't been able to get it back!

Everyone says SOTN is easy but some rooms in that inverted castle are TOUGH.

I was about to say lucky you... then I read the rest. Argh..... I can understand your pain.
Yes, the enemies in the inverted castle are tough, but with the capability to level grind, eventually, you'll find them easy.

Offline JR

• Home Gym Rat
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #1009 on: May 16, 2015, 09:56:41 PM »
Been playing a lot of stuff since I've been on vacation:

The Last of Us - Pretty awesome. Kept forgetting about how a lot of the human enemies wear helmets though, so I'd get a headshot and move on to the next guy, not realizing the guy I just shot was still alive. Happened all the friggin' time.

Karate Kid - I like to go back to this from time to time. Yes, it's definitely a crappy LJN licensed game, but I kind of like it. Usually you can rack up extra lives from doing all the bonus challenges, and you can cruise through the game. The swinging hammer kicked my ass this time, though. Usually I can get a few perfects in one playthough, but it just dominated me today.  :-\

TMNT: the Manhattan Project - I could only get to Tokka before I was out of continues. It's an okay time waster.

Karnov - A very WTF game. It seemed like it could be a lot more fun if the controls were tightened up, and if they had more interesting enemies. But then again, they have effeminate-looking evil bodybuilder dudes, so that's a kind of weird surprise.
It's like Who Wants to Be a Millionaire, but instead it's Who Wants Fried Chicken? I do.

Offline piscesdreams

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #1010 on: May 17, 2015, 05:22:36 PM »
I just played a bit of Circle of the Moon on Wii U, now I am about to dive into Shovel Knight!

Offline JR

• Home Gym Rat
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #1011 on: May 19, 2015, 01:07:33 AM »
Playing LA Noire...it's pretty fun so far. I was pleasantly surprised, as I was expecting something more akin to Heavy Rain (which I also enjoyed, but I don't really want to replay something like that, either). But it feels like a kick in the balls when you completely screw up an interview. There were a couple cases early on that I restarted just because of that. I later realized it doesn't really make much difference overall, though.

There's a hill in the game that you can ramp your car off of, and you won't see it beforehand if you're going full speed. I was making my way to an investigation, and all of the sudden I hit this hill, flying though the air and landing about 30 feet below...I couldn't stop laughing. It would be right at home in a GTA game, but something about your character being this by-the-book 1940's cop, with a partner in the passenger seat, flying through the air in an old-timey car like the Dukes of Hazzard, then no words spoken between the two afterwards (as your partner will scold you otherwise if you wreck into stuff)...the whole thing was just hilarious. I have to laugh every time I hit something with my car...it just contrasts starkly against the atmosphere and storytelling that the game works so hard to achieve. It makes it feel like Cole is this excellent cop who drives like an idiot. ;D

Offline Bloodreign

• Old school and nothing but old school
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • The Best
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #1012 on: May 22, 2015, 09:36:50 PM »
GTA V, finished the game this morning (stayed up far too late too, was tired at work all day). Now back to my classic titles, or perhaps sometime when I get more free time, online modes.

Offline Aridale

• Master Hunter
  • =D
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
« Reply #1013 on: May 23, 2015, 07:33:05 AM »
I did the same thing! But it was a few weeks ago. I played an hour or so before bed and hit a really long mission that never seemed to end next thing I knew it was a lil after midnight and Id beat the game lol

Offline Bloodreign

• Old school and nothing but old school
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • The Best
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #1014 on: May 24, 2015, 09:55:46 PM »
Yeah the last mission is pretty much assassinations in succession after the big gold bar heist. The game didn't feel as long as I heard it was, with what little free time I've had lately, I beat it within a week.

Offline Donvermicelli

• Count of the villa
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards 2015 -  Christmas Award 3rd Place 2015-04- Sprite Contest Bronze 2015-02-Sprite Contest Runner-Up Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #1015 on: May 27, 2015, 01:45:21 PM »
I've picked up Rouge legacy a while back and I must say, that game is addictive as hell. I really recommend it to anyone who is into metroidvanias

Offline xscientist5000

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania 64 (N64)
« Reply #1016 on: May 29, 2015, 11:45:09 AM »
Anyone mention Bloodborne? It's gotta be the most "I can't believe its Castlevania" game of all time.
Also; Body Harvest: N64 - but now Bloodborne has taken full control of my precious game time.

Offline JR

• Home Gym Rat
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #1017 on: May 30, 2015, 08:19:56 PM »
Played around with Toukiden: Age of Demons on Vita for a bit when my wife was in surgery. I like it so far, but I haven't really done anything past the first few stages. Really liking the chain and sickle. The katana and knives are pretty cool, too. Gauntlets seem like a weapon that would be frustrating at first, but rewarding once you master them.

I went back and played Journey to Silius...didn't get any farther than the level 4 boss. Limited continues are starting to become a pet peeve of mine. Seems like such an artificial way to increase difficulty. I really don't like to cheat under normal circumstances, but I'm considering doing an infinite lives code for both this and Blaster Master. I can reach the final stage of Blaster Master before running out of continues, so I'd like to beat it fair and square, but I don't want to take all that time playing through the stages again, only to come up short.

Edit: Ok, now I'm really close to beating Journey to Silius fair-and-square, getting to the spaceship on the final level before I ran out of continues. Didn't have to continue until the final level, woohoo! I guess I'll just keep at it until I get it.

Whenever I do go back to play Blaster Master, I'm probably going to use infinite lives, though. I hate the thought of playing a game that long, only to run out of continues. Silius is pretty short by comparison.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2015, 01:34:48 AM by JR »

Offline JR

• Home Gym Rat
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #1018 on: June 11, 2015, 12:59:28 AM »
Woo! Finally beat Journey to Silius. I ran out of lives on the final stage again, so just thought, the hell with it, and used the 9 continues cheat. Turns out I didn't even need them that time. Go figure. Last 2 bosses were pretty easy...but all of the bosses are easy, for that matter, compared to the stages themselves.

Been playing NES remix lately. Didn't like it at first, but it's growing on me. The pinball game really sucks, though.

Offline Aridale

• Master Hunter
  • =D
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
« Reply #1019 on: June 11, 2015, 08:09:44 AM »
I love the soundtrack for Journey to Silius. You can totally hear its Terminator roots in there

Tags:

anything