Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Anime & Manga Discussion Thread  (Read 24270 times)

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« on: August 11, 2013, 05:35:48 PM »
Lets talk about anime and manga!  ;D

This topic is for anything anime/manga-related, feel free to post about your favorite ones, post news, share your insights about some new series that you found recently and liked, or anything else.

There is some great news for Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Come wa Machigatteiru (My Youth Romantic Comedy is Wrong as I Expected) fans like me (anyone?)

やはり俺の青春ラブコメはまちがっている。OVA PV

Rondo's Robe put online a promotional video of the OVA of My Teen Romantic Comedy SNAFU (Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Come wa Machigatteiru).

This Blu-ray will come in a limited edition of the game for PlayStation Vita, called Yahari Game demo Ore no Seishun Love Come wa Machigatteiru (Even Though It’s a Game, My Youth Romantic Comedy is Wrong as I Expected) in September, 19.

Source: News translated to English by me from HERE.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2013, 08:57:30 PM by Lelygax »
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline Ratty

• A Little Pile of Secrets
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Tea. Earl Grey. Hot.
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Other (?)
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2013, 07:28:03 PM »
+1
Been getting back into Hellsing, my 2nd favorite manga and favorite OVA.

If you’re in the US you can see several of the OVA episodes and the whole TV series, uploaded officially by Funimation on youtube. Though the vast majority of both are only available in their subtitled form this way, a shame considering the English dub cast is often cited as one of the best. Well, you can judge for yourself in those links if you're in the US.

I also watched the Ghost in the Shell movie for the first time (read the manga a while back) and now watching the GITS: Stand Alone Complex tv series. They’re both strictly OK so far imo. Pretty funny that the bad Latin (the repeated line of "Aeria Gloris") in the SAC opening song translates out to something like "Sister in-law's lofty things" when I believe it's supposed to mean something like "Heavenly Glory"

I wouldn’t consider myself an anime fan per se. I find it’s often even more difficult to get to the good stuff than in other media, and I’m still haunted (not really) by memories of being an 11 year old weeaboo.

I did love Outlaw Star/Gundam Wing/Blue Submarine No. 6/Gundam 08th MS Team/Sailor Moon/Ronin Warriors/Pokemon/Dragon Ball Z and the little I saw of Slayers and Dominion Tank Police as a kid. But I find only a handful of those still watchable these days. (Outlaws forever!) I’m a huge fan of the Berserk manga, which I consider the most moving book I’ve ever read. And I hope it gets a satisfying conclusion before the author dies like his inspiration (a woman who wrote the longest continuous series of fantasy novels ever recorded, 1 a month or so iirc, until her death) did. Haven’t seen the new OVAs as yet though.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2013, 07:35:13 PM by Ratty »

Offline Kale

• The Ophidian Lord
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2013, 08:48:35 PM »
I read manga much more than I watch anime.

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2013, 08:53:55 PM »
Good that you mentioned this, going to fix that since I meant this too, but since I rarely read manga I tend to forget about them.

edit: fixed, feel free to talk about manga too.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2013, 08:58:00 PM by Lelygax »
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
  • Not going to lie I love blue haired anime chicks
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2013, 10:16:14 PM »
oh man where do I start? As for manga I'v been reading pokemon adventures on and off and as for anime well I got sick of seeing the new stuff which seemed to be alot of ecchi crap so I was thinking other not so pleasant things about this ecchi crap so I've been watching this

Fist Of The North Star Opening Ver. 1 (Creditless)

but then I found an article by accident and now I've been hooked on this

Attack on Titan OP - "Guren no Yumiya (紅蓮の弓矢)" by Linked Horizon
(click to show/hide)
Come on now this was going to happen eventually  :P

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2013, 10:45:54 PM »
Wow, you honored the first page with Hokuto no Ken. :P

Yeah, Shingeki no Kyojin seems to be that main topic everywhere on the internet, I've watched 2 episodes and need to watch the rest. They even made a parody of it because of our protests on Brazil a month ago:

Attack on Brazil - Shingeki no Brazil

(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Swankster's Backloggery
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2013, 11:26:50 PM »
I've been chipping away at Fist of the North Star for the past few years since Discotek has released the entire original series. The movie rocks my dick, but the TV show feels too much like a "bad guy of the week" episodic show where each episode kind of blends together in my mind because there's little variance.

I recently saw Angel Cop for the first time, English dubbed. SOOOOO MUUUCH PROFANITY in it, and the violence is super grotesque and elaborate. Awesome designs, cool animation, weird story (originally having the Jews as the bad guys until they changed it to an American corporation), and I wish I had it on DVD or Blu-ray.

Angel Cop Condensed!

Also I'm, uh, going through La Blue Girl a second time. >_>
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2013, 11:40:51 PM »

Moments like this that make me wants my privace back (aka a room with door, preferable lockable), since my PC is on my mom's room and my "door" is a curtain, rarely I can see NSFW material.
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Swankster's Backloggery
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2013, 11:47:47 PM »
I live at home as well, and my sister's bedroom is across the hall. Extremely NSFW stuff I have to watch when she's either away, or when it's late and I have the volume real low.

But the thing is, I don't have a proper room; I'm in the library where I have bookshelves as walls between me and the hall and an open doorway. So there's not a whole lotta privacy, otherwise I'd lock the door and plug my headphones into the TV. :p
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2013, 11:58:40 PM »
So we both are living dangerously xD
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2013, 02:08:11 AM »
Wow, you honored the first page with Hokuto no Ken. :P

Yeah, Shingeki no Kyojin seems to be that main topic everywhere on the internet, I've watched 2 episodes and need to watch the rest. They even made a parody of it because of our protests on Brazil a month ago:

Attack on Brazil - Shingeki no Brazil

Damn straight I did  ;D

And wow on brazil

I've been chipping away at Fist of the North Star for the past few years since Discotek has released the entire original series. The movie rocks my dick, but the TV show feels too much like a "bad guy of the week" episodic show where each episode kind of blends together in my mind because there's little variance.

I recently saw Angel Cop for the first time, English dubbed. SOOOOO MUUUCH PROFANITY in it, and the violence is super grotesque and elaborate. Awesome designs, cool animation, weird story (originally having the Jews as the bad guys until they changed it to an American corporation), and I wish I had it on DVD or Blu-ray.

Angel Cop Condensed!

angle cop been awhile since I saw that one iirc it had like psychics and a cyborg,

La blue girl Yaku and Miyu, (miko's older sister).... mostly miyu .... :-[

(click to show/hide)

and just because I love yu-gi-oh

YUGIOH OPENING 1-5

Yami Yugi Being Awesome
« Last Edit: August 12, 2013, 02:15:55 AM by Neobelmont »
(click to show/hide)

Offline GuyStarwind

• Lawful Good
  • Master Hunter
  • Shahrukh Khan is the greatest actor out there
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Crappy Brown Jacket Films
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2013, 02:15:21 AM »
I like a lot of 90's Anime. While it's not 90's I watched one called Stiens Gate and was very impressed with it and recommend it to anyone who hasn't watched it.

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2013, 02:20:53 AM »
+1
I like a lot of 90's Anime. While it's not 90's I watched one called Stiens Gate and was very impressed with it and recommend it to anyone who hasn't watched it.

Chris Makise is all what I know some one on xbox had a pic of her and I wanted to draw her so...
« Last Edit: August 12, 2013, 02:22:26 AM by Neobelmont »
(click to show/hide)

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: August 12, 2013, 02:32:37 AM »
(click to show/hide)

Thats why ecchi doesnt attract me, its all or nothing for me.
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #14 on: August 12, 2013, 03:28:34 AM »
I haven't been watching a lot of anime lately.
The most recent ones that I've watched were Uta no Prince-sama 2 and Polar Bear Cafe (I can suggest it to you guys since it is a fun comedy starring animals).
I am considering if I should watch Brothers Conflict, maybe when the entire season is done...
Yup, I am in a comedy and reverse harem mood right now. Oh and I choose shows by their voice actors.  ;)

People have suggested Psycho Pass.
Attack on Titan is getting a lot of rave, but I am not in the mood for those stories.

As for manga, I am eagerly awaiting every new chapter of Kuroshitsuji.
Oh and a lot of yaoi manga. I really love Crimson Spell and Finder. These are also still ongoing.

anything