Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Castlevania: The Bloodletting  (Read 3757 times)

Offline Pfil

• How I miss the old days...
  • Master Hunter
  • Quit treating me like a child!
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin (NDS)
« on: June 04, 2013, 11:39:08 AM »
I'm just curious.
There's so little information about this cancelled game.
And the topic about Castlevania: Resurrection got me thinking on this one too.
Does anybody have screenshots, music, interviews or any kind of information about it?
Thanks in advance!
Now I'm tired, eternally walking... forever dying, and never stopping. I feel in sorrow, all I see is white. I’m following a blind way beneath a sad sky.

Offline shelverton.

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2013, 12:08:30 PM »
There are some sprites somewhere. But all I really know is that Bloodletting became Symphony of the Night. At least that's what they say.

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Vampire Killer (MSX)
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2013, 04:50:34 PM »
My understanding is that the game was very early in production and the assets were cannibalized for SotN. Hey, come to think of it maybe this is where the trend of reusing sprites came from? This is purely conjecture on my part, but imagine they were working on this game, then it get's cancelled and they're told to switch things over to PS1, but they were not given any more production time? That might explain the repurposing of the existing sprites and the reuse of some from RoB & AjD(X68k). Yeah? No? Maybe?
"Stuff and things."

Offline VladCT

• Dark Lord of Wallachia
  • Master Hunter
  • The night is still young...
  • Awards 2015-01-Sprite Contest Gold Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2013, 05:21:42 PM »
+1
I'd say it's logically plausible.
It is precisely because it never cared, that people do care.  It's something which it's lacking, because that which it has, it has lackluster of.
^^
You are now reading this in Robert Belgrade's voice.

Then Lords of Shadow 2 just takes a big, semi-solid, smelly, pea-green dump all over everything.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2013, 05:39:44 PM »
The sprites for the main characters were re-used but also re-done. The anti-hero or rival (the red guy) became the base-sprite for Richter as we know him now. The original Richter sprite (the blue guy) became the Trevor clone in the reverse Colosseum. And as for the Maria sprite...that was never re-used. At least not to my knowledge.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Koutei

• Uboaaa!
  • Legendary Hunter
  • The Japanese People
  • Awards Lurker: Spies on from afar, rarely interacting with the general populace.
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2013, 07:11:27 PM »
Here is all of those.
http://castlevania.wikia.com/wiki/Castlevania:_The_Bloodletting

The anti-hero or rival (the red guy) became the base-sprite for Richter as we know him now.
This recognition isn't accurate.

http://castlevania.wikia.com/wiki/File:V_hunters.gif
http://www.spriters-resource.com/fullview/10340/
It already existed in RoB.
I'm on hiatus now.

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Vampire Killer (MSX)
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2013, 08:30:02 PM »
The Maria sprite always looked to me to be similar in design to her final sprite, they just never used that frame.
And yeah, the original Richter sprite came before the rival which is basically just an edit.
"Stuff and things."

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2013, 08:33:37 PM »
. The anti-hero or rival (the red guy) became the base-sprite for Richter as we know him now.
This is the part I don't get, as Richter's sprite was recycled from Rondo.

Everything comes full circle

Offline VladCT

• Dark Lord of Wallachia
  • Master Hunter
  • The night is still young...
  • Awards 2015-01-Sprite Contest Gold Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2013, 03:28:23 AM »
I suppose he could've had the extra moves that were eventually converted for Richter.
It is precisely because it never cared, that people do care.  It's something which it's lacking, because that which it has, it has lackluster of.
^^
You are now reading this in Robert Belgrade's voice.

Then Lords of Shadow 2 just takes a big, semi-solid, smelly, pea-green dump all over everything.

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2013, 09:47:47 AM »
I remember at one point there was a game called "Shin Dracula X" which had some blurry screenshots online.
In this game, there was a hero who lookedl like the Bloodletting hero, only because everything was so blurry and low-res, one couldn't really make it out.
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2013, 09:51:13 AM »
This recognition isn't accurate.

This is the part I don't get, as Richter's sprite was recycled from Rondo.

Yeah...this just occurred to me only after writing it  :-[ :-[ :-[

Okay! time for a re-cap. The Red dude is based off of the original Richter sprite, but was never used. The blue dude was the new Richter but became the Trevor clone. And Maria is still unused.  :P
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Pfil

• How I miss the old days...
  • Master Hunter
  • Quit treating me like a child!
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin (NDS)
« Reply #11 on: June 06, 2013, 12:20:29 AM »
Some things I just don't get them.
Maria does not look so similar, but that could be.
The rival looks VERY similar to Jonathan Morris.
And Richter, more than similar to this one, looks exactly as Rondo's / Dracula X's Richter.

And there's no other kind of information? I mean, plot, stages, music...

I remember at one point there was a game called "Shin Dracula X" which had some blurry screenshots online.
In this game, there was a hero who lookedl like the Bloodletting hero, only because everything was so blurry and low-res, one couldn't really make it out.
I'm curious about this. Was it a hoax?
It would be cool to recollect any Castlevania hoax that existed amongst the years, if there was any.
That's a good topic!  :)
I'm making it!
Now I'm tired, eternally walking... forever dying, and never stopping. I feel in sorrow, all I see is white. I’m following a blind way beneath a sad sky.

Tags:

anything