Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate 3DS (Discussion Thread)  (Read 1821230 times)

Offline Maedhros

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
« Reply #255 on: May 21, 2012, 02:05:04 PM »
Yeah and this is a sidescroller...it's not exactly the most hardcore hardware pushing type of gameplay style...lol
It is? I'm not assuming nothing yet, I'm just hoping it is.

If it is, It depends of what they want to achieve and how well their framework will be on the hardware.

Offline cecil-kain

• Lord and Host
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Operation Akumajo
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #256 on: May 21, 2012, 02:10:10 PM »
+1
Wow.  We're an excitable bunch! lol  :-D
Took me forever just to get caught up on all of this talk...

I remember when the "Complete Chronicles" was rumored last fall, and everyone was getting ahead of themselves like this.  But this time, there is some dubious evidence to support the rumor --the most important of which being Konami's quick response and the timing of the "leak".

If any of these rumors about the alleged game are even half true, there may be some cause for all of us to celebrate.
Here's my personal opinion on some of what's been said here.

VERY good news...
-- 2.5-D Castlevania
-- Dracula's Curse storyline.

Caution...
-- David Cox is involved --a man of his position should never mislead or condescend to the fans.  Maybe it was all a misunderstanding.  Maybe it wasn't his fault.  Maybe he just needs a little PR coaching.  Either way, the man should apologize and start building some bridges.

Not so good...
-- Continuation of the LoS mythos, instead of rebooting Akumajo Dracula.
-- 2-D Castlevania still condemned to technically inferior portable machines.

There's really not much more to say until there's some hard news on this matter...

Offline CastleDan

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
Re: Castlevania Mirror of Fate ( 3ds )
« Reply #257 on: May 21, 2012, 02:10:29 PM »
+1
It is? I'm not assuming nothing yet, I'm just hoping it is.

If it is, It depends of what they want to achieve and how well their framework will be on the hardware.

well the rumors before this reveal were that a 3ds sidescrolling castlevania by mercurysteam was being made...then bam we get this info. So I'd say it's a safe bet.

Offline Munchy

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
Re: Castlevania Mirror of Fate ( 3DS per request )
« Reply #258 on: May 21, 2012, 02:12:12 PM »
If they find a way to put QTEs and wall shimmying in a 2D format game... I will be very disappointed.

Offline DragonSlayr81

• The Beast Inside
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #259 on: May 21, 2012, 02:12:19 PM »
He left it in pieces in the realm where the Forgotten One was. Maybe we'll go back there as Alucard to retrieve it or something.

Theorizing is fun.
I'd prefer the Combat Cross to be left where it was. Rinaldo could always create a new, more powerful whip, which could be this new canon's version of the Vampire Killer(kinda another nod to LoI where Rinaldo was vital to the creation of the VK).

Offline DarkPrinceAlucard

• The Dark Prince
  • Master Hunter
  • Your dark prince has arrived.
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Castle Modding
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #260 on: May 21, 2012, 02:13:47 PM »
If they find a way to put QTEs and wall shimmying in a 2D format game... I will be very disappointed.

You and me both.

That would be such a kick in the ballz.

Castlevania Modding Forum http://castlevaniamodding.boards.net/

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
« Reply #261 on: May 21, 2012, 02:14:32 PM »
I'd prefer the Combat Cross to be left where it was. Rinaldo could always create a new, more powerful whip, which could be this new canon's version of the Vampire Killer(kinda another nod to LoI where Rinaldo was vital to the creation of the VK).
If Rinaldo does show up and does make a new whip, will it be Gabriel's bane or a whip that's not exclusive to Belmonts? There's just so much to ponder going by the old canon and what ideas they're going to rework in this new canon.

Offline Odile Kuronuma

• I'm ze man errr.... woman
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #262 on: May 21, 2012, 02:24:12 PM »
My response to this thread: Yuck!

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #263 on: May 21, 2012, 02:25:28 PM »
+1
If Rinaldo does show up and does make a new whip, will it be Gabriel's bane or a whip that's not exclusive to Belmonts? There's just so much to ponder going by the old canon and what ideas they're going to rework in this new canon.

Rinoldo could have made one last weapon before he died, the greatest weapon he had ever made that trumps even the combat cross but died before giving it a offical name. The protagonis(well call him Trevor for now) finds the weapon and remember's the day where he was told that the savior Gabriel wielded a whip the people once called "Vampire Killer" and calls the new whip the Vampire killer. 

Offline Dengo vlad tepes

• Vampire Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
« Reply #264 on: May 21, 2012, 02:32:28 PM »
no comment ... really

Offline The Silverlord

• Vampire Hunter
    • YouTube
    • Awards
« Reply #265 on: May 21, 2012, 02:35:29 PM »
+1
This is like one of those NeoGAF threads during the E3 live feeds, you just never catch up to the last page . . . *gasps* I'VE MADE IT.  I HAVE CRAWLED UP OVER DEBORAH CLIFF.

I did not think for a second that Mercurysteam would be given two games to manage and/or develop, even despite the murmurings and, was it a hint by Cox?  I did think Konami were holding off handheld development due to the rise in popularity of phone and tablet devices (and uncertainty with 3DS/Vita), to watch the waters as it were.  But they don't want to be left behind, and Castlevania has I think increased in popularity since the release of Lords of Shadow.  Best to capitalise on the success of the game; why not release two unto the unsuspecting world?

I think with it possibly being Cox and Mercurysteam, I kind of believe/hope it's a grim offering as far distanced from the likes of Portrait of Ruin as possible, with decrepit landscapes, rolling fogs, full moons, rain effects, coupled with whip-swinging and savage monsters.  Traps for the player.  I'll even concede a new musical score.  This really could scratch an itch for a decent atmospheric side-scolling 2D romp.

Phew, nostalgia . . .

*IS KNOCKED BACK DOWN CLIFF BY A MEDUSA HEAD*

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #266 on: May 21, 2012, 02:44:26 PM »
+1
How many people here are going to buy a 3DS now?

Thankfully I already have one (been playing Chrono Trigger).. and what about The Adventure for the e-shop lol
I don't have many 3DS games. Barely a handful.

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
« Reply #267 on: May 21, 2012, 02:46:16 PM »
I am. Also for KH3D.

Offline Munchy

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #268 on: May 21, 2012, 02:47:26 PM »

It will still be a while yet for me. Need a damn job first.

Offline DarkPrinceAlucard

• The Dark Prince
  • Master Hunter
  • Your dark prince has arrived.
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Castle Modding
    • Awards
« Reply #269 on: May 21, 2012, 02:48:58 PM »

Thankfully I already have one (been playing Chrono Trigger).. and what about The Adventure for the e-shop lol
I don't have many 3DS games. Barely a handful.

If this game actually turns out good than I will highly consider buying one.

I am already eager to play KH3D and Resident Evil revelations on the 3DS and if this game is something actually worth while than it will be the final push I need to get one.

Castlevania Modding Forum http://castlevaniamodding.boards.net/

Tags: .....? 

anything