Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate 3DS (Discussion Thread)  (Read 1821107 times)

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
  • Not going to lie I love blue haired anime chicks
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
Re: Castlevania Mirror of Fate ( 3DS per request )
« Reply #1065 on: May 24, 2012, 11:47:01 AM »
My memory is not too good on this, but I do know that Dracula's curse made me into what I am today. A cv fan, but after the chainsaw guy in legacy of darkness I did not get back into the series until Portrait of ruin came out.

Edit:No cvIII did more than just that it is why I play games in the first place. I guess my memory is more subjective than bad  ;D
« Last Edit: May 24, 2012, 12:02:39 PM by Neobelmont »
(click to show/hide)
Come on now this was going to happen eventually  :P

Offline shelverton.

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #1066 on: May 24, 2012, 11:57:10 AM »
I've also been playing since the original Castlevania, but to be honest it was Simon's Quest that made me a fan, and Super Castlevania 4 that made me fall completely and utterly in LUV with the series. Then I had a break from video games altogether in the late 90's and missed out on the N64 Castlevanias. I remember registering at these forums (albeit a much older version) in 2002 when Harmony of Dissonance came out. And I was hooked again. That's.... oh my... 10 years ago. I wonder how many hours I've spent at this site...

BTW: Does that make me worthy of the "super old dungeonite" award? Naaah. I guess I'm a "semi-old dungeonite"?

Or just "old".

« Last Edit: May 24, 2012, 11:59:27 AM by shelverton. »

Offline Kamirine

• Welcome to Fright Night.
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #1067 on: May 24, 2012, 01:05:32 PM »
+1
My first game in the series (and first love) is Castlevania 3: Dracula's Curse. I can' t begin to describe the fond memories I have of taking turns and playing it with my brother. Mad Forest is my ringtone, lol.

As for the new info/pictures...hot DAMN, that castle is beautiful, creepy, just...wow. LOS2, you have my attention. Here's hoping for the best, because that is promising...

Offline JR

• Home Gym Rat
  • Master Hunter
  • That Star Wars will make a million bucks someday.
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #1068 on: May 24, 2012, 01:12:30 PM »
+1
Been playing Castlevania since Pong the first one...always liked the series, but never became a diehard fan until Lament of Innocence, strangely.
It's like Who Wants to Be a Millionaire, but instead it's Who Wants Fried Chicken? I do.

Offline Rictrunks

• ----
  • Hunter in Training
  • ----
    • Awards
« Reply #1069 on: May 24, 2012, 01:46:57 PM »
+3
 I have friend with Koji Igarashi (IGA) added on Facebook. I don't know if you can view this page: https://www.facebook.com/koji.igarashi1/posts/420267781341110
But someone has asked IGA if he is going to E3 this year. He responsed just one minute ago and he says he's not attending. The original feed:
question: 今年のE3に出席されるかどうか教えていただけますでしょうか?
answer: 今年のE3に行く予定はありません。
So 3DS Castlevania is from Mercury Steam I believe.

Offline whitedragon_nall

• Vampire Hunter
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #1070 on: May 24, 2012, 01:52:34 PM »
+1
Oy.  I missed a lot since I last checked The Dungeon. Is it May 31st yet?

Offline cecil-kain

• Lord and Host
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Operation Akumajo
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #1071 on: May 24, 2012, 02:14:01 PM »
I have friend with Koji Igarashi (IGA) added on Facebook. I don't know if you can view this page: https://www.facebook.com/koji.igarashi1/posts/420267781341110
But someone has asked IGA if he is going to E3 this year. He responsed just one minute ago and he says he's not attending. The original feed:
question: 今年のE3に出席されるかどうか教えていただけますでしょうか?
answer: 今年のE3に行く予定はありません。
So 3DS Castlevania is from Mercury Steam I believe.

Confirmed...
Koji Igarashi "今年のE3に行く予定はありません。"
Is not scheduled to go to this year's E3. (Translated by Bing)

So, both games are in the Lords of Shadow universe after all?  Which source ever claimed IGA's involvement?  Their word should now be considered suspect...   :-X

Offline shelverton.

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention.
    • Awards
« Reply #1072 on: May 24, 2012, 02:16:31 PM »

Maybe someone completely unknown is producing Mirror of Fate? Cause I'm still not 100% convinced that MS is behind this game. But maybe they are. Oooh, I need to know more NOW before my head explodes.

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
« Reply #1073 on: May 24, 2012, 02:16:47 PM »
Was there ever any doubt both would be in the LoS universe?

Shame about IGA not attending, so then MS is really making both games on their own?

Offline Maedhros

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
« Reply #1074 on: May 24, 2012, 02:20:48 PM »
Maybe someone completely unknown is producing Mirror of Fate? Cause I'm still not 100% convinced that MS is behind this game. But maybe they are. Oooh, I need to know more NOW before my head explodes.
Kojima? Well, he has experience with with handheld games, that would surprise me, like Paul said.

Offline shelverton.

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #1075 on: May 24, 2012, 02:24:27 PM »
Kojima? Well, he has experience with with handheld games, that would surprise me, like Paul said.

Yeah, not only has he experience with handheld games, but he also has experience with "gimmicks" in handheld games, like Boktai. A camera feature in a Kojima game wouldn't come as a surprise to me. Though I was more thinking about someone completely new, maybe someone who's been working for Konami for a little while, and is now ready to step up and take on the producer role. Maybe we'll see the birth of a new IGA. Though I guess chances are this IS a Mercury Steam game after all. But I wonder if Cox is involved at all?

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
  • Not going to lie I love blue haired anime chicks
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • Awards
« Reply #1076 on: May 24, 2012, 02:24:45 PM »
Confirmed...
Koji Igarashi "今年のE3に行く予定はありません。"
Is not scheduled to go to this year's E3. (Translated by Bing)

So, both games are in the Lords of Shadow universe after all?  Which source ever claimed IGA's involvement?  Their word should now be considered suspect...   :-X

One can assume that iga is now done with the cv series right?

An unknown hmm. Who could it be; who would team up with MS? I rule out kojima productions their too busy with mgr, can it be a japanese team arc systems or vanilla ware; wayfoward; or a whole new team? It has to be an unknown and while it might be crazy what about retro studios working along side nintendo, Mercurysteam,konami,and kojima productions for mirror of fate(unlikely yes,but if this were true wow)
(click to show/hide)
Come on now this was going to happen eventually  :P

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #1077 on: May 24, 2012, 03:01:38 PM »
+1
Toru Hagihara

Offline Maedhros

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
« Reply #1078 on: May 24, 2012, 03:23:31 PM »
Toru Hagihara
He's not at Konami, is he?

Offline DragonSlayr81

• The Beast Inside
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #1079 on: May 24, 2012, 03:45:59 PM »
+1
I never thought IGA had a big role in MoF, anyway. Even if he is a part of the game, maybe he's something minor, like consultant. If he was, there'd really be no reason for him to attend E3, since his role would be minor.

But, then again, we'll have to see what happens. Right now, MoF seems the more mysterious of the two games. LoS2, we know what to expect(more or less). MoF is still a wild card.

Tags: .....? 

anything