Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: The Release of XBLA/PSN games on PC an the Future of "Arcade" Titles  (Read 2806 times)

Offline KaZudra

• Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-04-Story Contest - 2nd Place Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
When I logged on to Steam and Checked the Top-Sellers to my surprise they were the Summer of Arcade titles on XBLA.
I remember saying this about HD on PC to be a killer in Sales, turns out I might be right afterall.

Games from PC to Console and at last Console to PC can be Killer in Sales for Games, I hope Konami would Release HD for Steam since I would love to see a slew of Fan made content including some good Soma Colors.

This will be a bright future for Gamers no matter what Platform since Console Devs are finally getting smart and reaching out to the PC/Mac community as PC Devs are the same towards Consoles.

Now, Konami should observe and release some heavy hitters to PC for some unified play.

"I ain't gonna let it get to me I'm just gonna let it get to me" -Knuckles

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Vampire Killer (MSX)
Re: The Release of XBLA/PSN games on PC an the Future of "Arcade" Titles
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2011, 05:36:21 PM »
The only drawback, and Crapcum has seen this first hand, is that the games become even easier to pirate.
"Stuff and things."

Offline KaZudra

• Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-04-Story Contest - 2nd Place Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2011, 06:36:19 PM »
The only drawback, and Crapcum has seen this first hand, is that the games become even easier to pirate.

LOL @ Pirate Excuse

no offense, but the Pirate biz has been around for every platform since they existed, The PC gaming industry has yet to be majorly affected.

Plus People who wanted SSFIV AE had to buy it Anyway to play online and get Proper Updates, much like ALL PC games today.

The Pirate Scare is for complete morons to just Develop for the "Hackless" Consoles.

And when I mean "hackless" I mean Completely Exploitable once you buy a $20 kit that allows you to not only get Free DLC and Download Games from the official Servers before they are listed, you can also Ban-loop your console making it untouchable.

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2011, 05:57:17 AM »
Agreed. I was just playing devil's advocate. Not unfamiliar with the ways of the download. ;)
"Stuff and things."

Offline KaZudra

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2011, 10:27:09 AM »
ah, I like PC gaming, mostky how you can adjust every aspect of the game to fit your liking. (sound, Graphics, Controls)
PC games may suffer from Pirating, but at least they also offer something worth buying.

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2011, 01:22:15 PM »
Hmmm... Buying?

Oh! Ummm... yes, yes... buying...

People should buy games...

other people... ummm...

other than me...

*runs away with secret black market harddrive*
"Stuff and things."

Tags: