Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Question WARNING: IS EXTREAMLY offencive to Atheists  (Read 8678 times)

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
Re: Question WARNING: IS EXTREAMLY offencive to Atheists
« Reply #15 on: August 16, 2008, 12:07:13 PM »
In Reply To #15
He could be.

Offline Alexc2808

• JerkofWonder
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: August 16, 2008, 12:31:18 PM »
In Reply To #16
Except that he has white skin.
I am Jerkofwonder.

Offline Alexc2808

• JerkofWonder
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: August 16, 2008, 04:50:27 PM »
You know what... Whatever, I read this again, and the fact that this guy can say this shit about atheist's like me and get nothing, but the mods show him respect and tell others not to say anything mean back show how fucking terrible and backwards the moderation here is.  Jorge, and Clara especially, this place has become a popularity contest and it's sickening.  Ban me already, I only wish i could simply delete myself from here.

This idiot who made the thread can't even spell extreme right.

The mods here are garbage who play favorites and have an extreme double standards for themselves and any posters they consider friends.

Peace out you guys, I've loved my stay here.  It's been a good bunch of years, but this place has really taken a swan dive.  This place is dead anyway, the chapel is where you should go if you're sick of all the bullshit from everyone here.

Bye to all the posters I respect.  I'd love it if you'd head to the chapel, a forum that is active, for a site that actually updates.

Love, Peace, and Afro Grease.
I am Jerkofwonder.

Offline Rugal

• I SHALL DEVOUR
  • Master Hunter
  • I SHALL DEVOUR
  • Awards A master of sarcasm whose words often drip with satire and cynicism. Will make a staunch stand on one subject and never, ever budge. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #18 on: August 16, 2008, 05:12:05 PM »
You know what... Whatever, I read this again, and the fact that this guy can say this shit about atheist's like me and get nothing, but the mods show him respect and tell others not to say anything mean back show how fucking terrible and backwards the moderation here is.
Castlevania: Lords of Shadow sucks
DmC: Devil may Cry is the equivalent of trailer trash
"badly designed fat left on Lords of Shadow 2's bones."

Offline A n t r a x x

• ~ GamersMark EIC ~
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: August 16, 2008, 06:46:08 PM »
In Reply To #10
Actually Clara he is referring to daiyism(sp?)
« Last Edit: August 16, 2008, 06:56:46 PM by A N T R A X X »

"Observe their fates and learn well."

Offline A n t r a x x

• ~ GamersMark EIC ~
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: August 16, 2008, 06:57:06 PM »
In Reply To #16
Except that he has white skin.

Hammer's black.

"Observe their fates and learn well."

Offline Clara E. Leet

• Legendary Hunter
  • It's still Maridia
    • My Deviantart
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: August 16, 2008, 07:33:13 PM »
In Reply To #18

Right, cuz a verbal warning for a first-time offender means NOTHING, whereas you've been on your final warning for as long as a lot of us can remember.

Cya.

Stay on topic, everyone.

Killerwhip

« Reply #22 on: August 17, 2008, 12:22:44 AM »
Okay I was watching a video on you tube about a guy lived though a fatal car crash ,aka Semi vs. Jelopi, unscaved (may have been a bruse here and there). But as I read the comments I noticed that for every person that said God saved the man two atheists came and critized religion. Another said they don't want us "superstitous" thoughts pushed on to them, okay first off how is saying God saved a life pushing religion on to anyone, or as they call preaching. Wow if anything else Atheists should just shut their mouths and go become soil (I am not because I am possibly going to Hell...maybe Heaven). If you dont like something dont get involved right? Sometimes I think people pose to be Atheists to be asses and morons. Sorry but its the teen population that makes up most of the Atheist group (16-20), and I too am a teen. Well if you are an atheist dont be a jerk and post anything offence...you know what you should have even joined this forum you know why? THE BELMONTS BELIVES IN GOD! DRACULA BELIVES AND HATES GOD! ALUCARD BELIVES IN GOD! AND NO THE BOMERANG ISNT A BOMERANG IS A CROSS AND THE THING THAT LOOKS LIKE A BIBLE IS A BIBLE SO GUESS WHAT? Castlevania has extreamly close ties to Christianty, Jeudism, Islam, Japanese calture...hum but there isnt one athiests in the game I wonder...sorry about the out burst just a little tried...strach that I am always mad just like my idol...DARTH VADER!
So...you're complaining about the same thing you're doing in this thread, except you're playing for the other team.

And why does it matter if the Belmonts believe in god?

Offline Aridale

• Master Hunter
  • =D
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
« Reply #23 on: August 17, 2008, 11:36:57 AM »
I dont know particularly which way I lean. I know I dont really believe in a "god" as it were. It there was some higher power its either gone now or doesnt care.

As for religions and their "were the supreme beings blah blah blah" thats all just arrogance. Theres absolutely no way no how not even the slightest possibility were alone in the universe. Somewhere out there theres other planets with other intelligent life. Maybe or maybe not in our own solar system but it IS out there somewhere. That alone should prove theres no higher power that created us in its image etc. Unless it really is like that old Far Side comic of the young god.

All my religious feelings can be summed up with a single quote: "So tell me not of avatars. Show me not your proof that yours is the true god. I grant you your beliefs without question and without judgment, but if you grant me what is in my heart, then such tangible evidence is irrelevant."

I carry a fancy laminated card in my wallet with that on it and anytime a religious conversation comes up its my conversation ender when the religious types try to start disproving everything I say.

And I think the proper term for you (clara) were callin Fundamentalist is actually Zealot. Fanatically religious.

As for JoW... Ive been waitin on when hed go off again. He was doin good for awhile but Im personally surprised it took him this long to go off again.

Offline JR

• Home Gym Rat
  • Master Hunter
  • That Star Wars will make a million bucks someday.
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: August 18, 2008, 12:12:17 AM »
In Reply To #10

As an Agnostic (formerly Roman Catholic), I feel I must speak a bit about it.

Exactly the same situation with me. It eventually got to the point where I realized I couldn't follow Catholicism in good conscience, and the main reason I followed it was out of fear of hell. That's not a dig on Catholics or Christians, either...it's just not for me.

I think it's definitely possible that there is a higher power. But it's nothing I concern myself with too much, since it could go either way for me. I think most people will live by what they think is right, whether or not they actually believe in something.

I just think both sides could lighten up a little...not on this thread, but in general. There are religious people who could stop pushing their beliefs on others around them, and there are non-religious people who could stop making themselves out to be so oppressed.
It's like Who Wants to Be a Millionaire, but instead it's Who Wants Fried Chicken? I do.

Tags:

anything