Poll

What Metroidvania should we play on Twitch?

Circle of the Moon
Harmony of Dissonance
Aria of Sorrow
Symphony of the Night
Curse of Darkness

Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: #Igavania: What Metroidvania should we play?  (Read 20563 times)

Offline Captain Sheepy

• Hunter in Training
  • Need a Quality Assurance Tester?
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin (NDS)
#Igavania: What Metroidvania should we play?
« on: May 18, 2015, 07:20:26 PM »
Hey guys, Neobelmont and I are going to do a Twitch Live Stream on a Metroidvania of your choosing from this poll. So please make sure to vote and then be there at the twitch live stream when we update you guys on if there were be one at all. I think it's something we should all have fun together with and hang out as a community over this #Igavania awesomeness.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2015, 12:47:31 AM by Captain Sheepy »

Offline DarkPrinceAlucard

• The Dark Prince
  • Master Hunter
  • Your dark prince has arrived.
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Castle Modding
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
Re: #Igavania: What Metroidvania should we play?
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2015, 07:34:39 PM »
I get the feeling that Aria of Sorrow is going to get the most votes since out of the choices its definitely the most beloved, but I chose Circle of the Moon since its the most challenging metroidvania to date and also because it had the best atmosphere.

Castlevania Modding Forum http://castlevaniamodding.boards.net/

Offline Gunlord

• Wandering Mendicant
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Meow.
  • Awards Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • My blog
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2015, 07:54:04 PM »
I voted for Aria myself :o

Check me out at gunlord500.wordpress.com!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phhCrFZek44

Offline Harrycombs

• Monster fan
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2015, 08:35:05 PM »
I'd go with Aria. Circle would probably be my second choice. Symphony is done far too often, IMO.
The dream reveals the reality, which conception lags behind. That is the horror of life - the terror of art.

Franz Kafka

Offline beingthehero

• Duke of New York
  • Master Hunter
  • EROTIC VIOLENCE
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2015, 08:45:16 PM »
I voted for Curse, because I want you all to suffer.

Offline Captain Sheepy

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2015, 08:58:07 PM »
I voted for Curse, because I want you all to suffer.
Suffer? Suffer in a good way right ^u^? I enjoy the game, and since I can use the disc itself in my computer, I can turbo the speed to make the long hallway segments really short. It's much more fun that way , yeah...I suffered while playing on the ps2, but no more. I wanted to vote curse too but I clicked Dissonance and wished I could curse myself to the darkness.

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
  • Not going to lie I love blue haired anime chicks
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2015, 09:24:15 PM »
Hey guys, Neobelmont and I are going to do a Twitch Live Stream on a Metroidvania of your choosing from this poll. So please make sure to vote and then be there at the twitch live stream when we update you guys on if there were be one at all. I think it's something we should all have fun together with and hang out as a community over this #Igavania awesomeness.

yes promoting positivity is never ever a bad thing. And you're not the only one that wanted to have fun with the others weve talked about this for abit.  :) anyways my vote is going to..... 

(click to show/hide)

I get the feeling that Aria of Sorrow is going to get the most votes since out of the choices its definitely the most beloved, but I chose Circle of the Moon since its the most challenging metroidvania to date and also because it had the best atmosphere.

I would have no problem tackling circle(and sheepy probably) and it's been a long time since I played it.  :)
« Last Edit: May 18, 2015, 09:26:58 PM by Neobelmont »
(click to show/hide)
Come on now this was going to happen eventually  :P

Offline GuyStarwind

• Lawful Good
  • Master Hunter
  • Shahrukh Khan is the greatest actor out there
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Crappy Brown Jacket Films
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2015, 09:35:59 PM »
I chose HoD but CotM is good too. Let's see something else besides AoS or SotN

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2015, 11:01:50 PM »
Choose HoD, I wanna see which combinations of spells and subs you will gonna use.
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2015, 11:58:36 PM »
I chose Circle of the Moon. While it's not an Igavania, it is perhaps one of the most successful handheld Metroivanias to date. This title should get an online playthrough.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline shelverton.

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2015, 02:45:14 AM »
+1
I voted HoD cause it's the only game I never watched a playthrough of. I did beat it multiple times myself but I'd enjoy watching someone else tackle its somewhat confusing layout  :)

Offline Captain Sheepy

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2015, 12:13:58 PM »
Noooo, we can't let it happen! It's catching up too x.x Make it stoooop

I voted HoD cause it's the only game I never watched a playthrough of. I did beat it multiple times myself but I'd enjoy watching someone else tackle its somewhat confusing layout  :)

Now if only I can figure out the clipping and speedrunning tricks to get straight to the boss in less than 20 minutes (and with maxim, less than a minute lol)
« Last Edit: May 19, 2015, 03:02:50 PM by Captain Sheepy »

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
  • Not going to lie I love blue haired anime chicks
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2015, 08:12:31 PM »
Noooo, we can't let it happen! It's catching up too x.x Make it stoooop

Now if only I can figure out the clipping and speedrunning tricks to get straight to the boss in less than 20 minutes (and with maxim, less than a minute lol)

You better get training Piccolo  :P
(click to show/hide)
Come on now this was going to happen eventually  :P

Offline beingthehero

• Duke of New York
  • Master Hunter
  • EROTIC VIOLENCE
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
« Reply #13 on: May 19, 2015, 08:22:05 PM »
Suffer? Suffer in a good way right ^u^? I enjoy the game, and since I can use the disc itself in my computer, I can turbo the speed to make the long hallway segments really short. It's much more fun that way , yeah...I suffered while playing on the ps2, but no more. I wanted to vote curse too but I clicked Dissonance and wished I could curse myself to the darkness.

No, you play it vanilla. You play it vanilla like the good lord intended. 
>:(

(actually, Curse is my guilty pleasure. So much unrealized potential in that game, but damn if I still don't love blazing through all those hordes of enemies).

Offline Captain Sheepy

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: May 19, 2015, 11:57:45 PM »
No, you play it vanilla. You play it vanilla like the good lord intended. 
>:(

(actually, Curse is my guilty pleasure. So much unrealized potential in that game, but damn if I still don't love blazing through all those hordes of enemies).

I love the knuckles in that game as well as the little air combos, jump cancels, and the bits of fighting game mechanics that appear...and of course, can't forget that Innocent Devil system.