Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Broke the fearful night of Haunted Castle 3  (Read 7263 times)

Offline Aceearly1993

• Nothing absolute
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • 1993P Doubleguy at Youtube
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Chronicles: Akumajo Dracula (X68k/PS1)
Broke the fearful night of Haunted Castle 3
« on: January 17, 2017, 12:40:38 AM »
Fellow dungeonites thank you again!
I beat Haunted Castle 3! Finally! I can still remember how I was stuck in same area for several months, and how the guide was not available (all over the Internet) until now. Thank you all!

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 02, 2017, 06:11:52 AM by Aceearly1993 »
"Did you know when one's most desperation time is? It's when he was beaten up by someone critically...
And he can't find who caused this."

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
Re: Broke the fearful night of Haunted Castle 3
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2017, 10:04:31 AM »
Congratulations!  :D
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline FeRcHuLeS

• Hunter in Training
  • Awards May 2017 Sprite Contest Third Place
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2017, 03:20:22 PM »
I wasn´t aware of this game before just played and got fascinated, Do you know the savegame address of this game?? @Aceearly1993, I need to make a backup.

Offline mgfcortez

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2017, 09:32:08 PM »
yes this is a great game i'm in the garden now and haven't played in a week cause my psx to usb stopped working :(
and i got busy with undubbing castlevania radio drama now i got busy with Translating dragon ball sai where Vegeta go's to earth instead of Goku me being a big Vegeta fan i put all my time into this got done with the 1st manga now making a youtube video lol
here's the link to the test video just a few minutes found a girl to play Bulma too so won't be my voice in the full video like in this clip lol but in case any one cares here's the link if not move along  :P

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Kh9XG8Xysw&t=0s

the manga here

http://www.4shared.com/rar/MB98-6F1ba/Dragon_Ball_Sai__Super_Vegeta_.html

but anyway i'll get back to the game but it is hard and the glitch are ruff like when the music starts laying over its self and you can't move without holding down ctrl.
had the game glitch onces and i was lvl 18 then after i died i was lvl 15 lol i reset the game quit when that happen lol and it happen 3 times
then in the catacombs i jumped down the long fall right before the boss and i went threw the wall lol had to restart the game
it may be a little buggy but i love this game so much i do hate that you can't open your menu when you fight a boss if you walk on a boss like the bat and don't have your axe ready you dead then also hate i can't open the menu when i beat a boss and he drops meat cause i have full everything so when i see a big rost it makes me sick to grab it even tho i have a full 3 of them  :'(
anyway not looking forward to that long 3 stage end game you talking about grrr i to lazy to try so hard  :P
oh well got to beat this bad ass game tho when i do get back to it just don't want to use my keyboard lol 
« Last Edit: January 17, 2017, 09:49:04 PM by mgfcortez »

Offline Aceearly1993

• Nothing absolute
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2017, 04:03:59 AM »
Congratulations!  :D
Thanks!
It's really a tough struggle. I also tried Haunted Castle 2 since it looks like a linear classicvania style game but I can't make progress after stage 5. Hit detection is questionable, it causes blocking bullet of bone pillar unnecessary hard. A living hell to get through.
And I don't think It's possible to turn to windowed mode in 3. In 2 It's possible but very buggy on modern OS.
I wasn´t aware of this game before just played and got fascinated, Do you know the savegame address of this game?? @Aceearly1993, I need to make a backup.
Sorry, I checked the path used to store LC1 save data (named MMFApplication as a.hidden folder under username/Appdata/Roaming I think) but I found nothing that was related to Haunted Castle 3. The game DOES say It's an application built by multimedia fushion as well as LC1 though. Strange.
BTW It does store LC2 demo save data at there if my memory serves me right.
but anyway i'll get back to the game but it is hard and the glitch are ruff like when the music starts laying over its self and you can't move without holding down ctrl.
had the game glitch onces and i was lvl 18 then after i died i was lvl 15 lol i reset the game quit when that happen lol and it happen 3 times
then in the catacombs i jumped down the long fall right before the boss and i went threw the wall lol had to restart the game
it may be a little buggy but i love this game so much i do hate that you can't open your menu when you fight a boss if you walk on a boss like the bat and don't have your axe ready you dead then also hate i can't open the menu when i beat a boss and he drops meat cause i have full everything so when i see a big rost it makes me sick to grab it even tho i have a full 3 of them  :'(
anyway not looking forward to that long 3 stage end game you talking about grrr i to lazy to try so hard  :P
oh well got to beat this bad ass game tho when i do get back to it just don't want to use my keyboard lol 
Wish you good luck.
I think It's some form of debug function that remains in the  build we got. I also encountered a character warp from final stage part 1 area 1 to part 1 area 2 so I think there must be some debug dips switch to control it.
"Did you know when one's most desperation time is? It's when he was beaten up by someone critically...

Offline FeRcHuLeS

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2017, 08:28:15 AM »
@Aceearly1993 Oh I see thanks anyway, btw are you the author of this game @mig3 ?? I need to make a savegame backup, Could you help me please?

EDIT: I'd better PM mig3.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2017, 10:44:16 AM by FeRcHuLeS »

Offline FeRcHuLeS

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2017, 11:44:19 AM »
I found the savegame at last, this is the address C:\WINDOWS\DRACULA

Offline Aceearly1993

• Nothing absolute
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2017, 03:44:01 PM »
I found the savegame at last, this is the address C:\WINDOWS\DRACULA

So this is something interesting. Never notice that, will try to find it out.

Tags: