Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: The first sign rises with the full moon.  (Read 982481 times)

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
Re: The first sign rises with the full moon.
« Reply #3315 on: May 24, 2018, 07:18:28 PM »
I got my digital Steam copy.
The game crashed (abrupt quit) on me somewhat late in the game.
Almost as if it didn't want me to finish it.  It was after the bathtub boss.
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline Reinhart77

• Courage, don't leave me now.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Legacy of Darkness (N64)
« Reply #3316 on: May 24, 2018, 07:53:16 PM »
:o OH MY WAFFLES!!!!!!! 
Love this phrase haha.

Offline VladOfWallachia

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Carpathian Night
    • Awards
« Reply #3317 on: May 24, 2018, 09:35:25 PM »
The game continues to grow on me. I had high expectations but it’s still much better than I imagined.

Also, does anyone else think the vampire is by far the best character?

On a side note, I made the game crash by immediately turning into a bat after switching characters. Not sure if something I did was the cause or something with the level (8)
« Last Edit: May 24, 2018, 09:55:43 PM by VladOfWallachia »

Offline Aridale

• Master Hunter
  • =D
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
« Reply #3318 on: May 24, 2018, 10:05:52 PM »
I just beat it on normal mode in about an hour. Miriam is by far my fav character. I went back and started a new game on the next mode and beat the first stage then quit for the night. Overall Im damn impressed! They did a great job all around. No crashes or anything odd with my playthru on steam. I did get started a little later than some of you guys that have already posted and my game version is 1.1

Offline Super Waffle

• Master Hunter
  • Obliterated CharloNathan and has no regrets
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can.
    • The zone
    • Awards
« Reply #3319 on: May 24, 2018, 10:16:30 PM »
Not gonna lie, a part of me wishes that they would just do their own thing instead of mimicking CV3 down to the T. There’s nothing truly “unique” going on there
When did you ever fight a train in CV3?

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #3320 on: May 24, 2018, 11:12:12 PM »
Never had any crashes. Maybe that's cause I downloaded it for play on the Switch instead of steam, who knows. I enjoyed it and it felt like they combined CV with just a small touch of Mega man. Miriam is also a fav. Mainly because of the whip. Once RotN is released then I can see where the 8-bit prequel left off  :)
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline FanOfDracula

• Vampire Hunter
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2016-02 Sprite Contest 3rd Place
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #3321 on: May 25, 2018, 12:44:15 AM »
I really liked the whole game, it's great, is fantastic and is a great adventure,and the characters wow! but only one thing did not convince me, almost all the bosses seemed to have come out of megaman x, in the battles I felt that I was playing megaman x with a character from castlevania, and That seemed strange to me, I do not say that is bad, only that from my perspective I do not like so much, I think they could have done something more more monster castlevania style, I guess it is also because of the developers have already many make other games with megaman style... I think is that study, I'm not sure.
and miriam is the best!
« Last Edit: May 25, 2018, 12:46:42 AM by FanOfDracula »

Offline Claimh Solais

• Ronove the Radical
  • Master Hunter
  • GO FIGHT!!
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Claimh Solais
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #3322 on: May 25, 2018, 12:51:32 AM »
Game crashed on me back in Stage 1 when I was in fullscreen. I alt-tabbed out to check a message, and when I alt-tabbed back in, the screen froze permanently, even though I could still control the game. I had to force-reset my computer since I couldn't get any window to appear on top of it anymore, not even the task manager.

I've been playing in windowed mode since and it's been running fine.

That being said, anyone got any tips for the damn Stage 5 boss?

(click to show/hide)

My other thoughts on it?
-Despite having the retro aesthetic, the game manages to look REALLY nice.
-The music is fantastic, just like I was hoping it would be.
-I'm really surprised at how well Gebel plays. Considering he was the Alucard of the group, I was really expecting him to suck, but he's a LOT of fun. All four characters are really fun to play as and I'm hoping that you can restart the game with all four of them, cuz I want to do what I did in Castlevania 3 and do solo runs as each character. Though an Alfred-solo run is gonna be a fuckin' trial.

EDIT: Also, hey guys. Long time no talk. I've been lurking, even though I haven't posted in a really long while.

EDIT 2:
(click to show/hide)

EDIT 3: Never mind I beat it. I didn't realize you can spam subweapons. I did that with Alfred and absolutely destroyed the boss.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2018, 01:06:46 AM by Claimh Solais »
Currently Playing: Resident Evil 2 [N64]
Games Beaten This Year (2020): 20 Games

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
Offline Aceearly1993

• Nothing absolute
  • Legendary Hunter
    • 1993P Doubleguy at Youtube
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Chronicles: Akumajo Dracula (X68k/PS1)
« Reply #3324 on: May 25, 2018, 02:36:19 AM »
My only opinion about this game, Curse of the Moon, is Boss Rush Mode.

It's unfair, unforgiving as hell

have some mercy pls? Like starting with full extend HP? This thing really forgot the word RUSH of Boss Rush like more than 300,000 miles away from it
« Last Edit: May 25, 2018, 02:40:44 AM by Aceearly1993 »
"Did you know when one's most desperation time is? It's when he was beaten up by someone critically...
And he can't find who caused this."

Offline Zuljaras

• Castletoria (Game Project)
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Castle Builder!!!
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
« Reply #3325 on: May 25, 2018, 02:42:36 AM »
My only opinion about this game, Curse of the Moon, is Boss Rush Mode.

It's stupidly unfair

have some mercy pls? Like starting with full extend HP? This thing really forgot the word RUSH of Boss Rush like more than 300,000 miles away from it
Are you talking about the main game?
Have you tried Casual mode?
I can't finish any of the classicvanias but I am yet to die in this game in Casual mode. It is designed so well to give the weaker players the opportunity to see the whole game.
Check out my game Castletoria in our forum ->> http://castlevaniadungeon.net/forums/index.php?topic=5631.0

Offline Aceearly1993

• Nothing absolute
  • Legendary Hunter
    • 1993P Doubleguy at Youtube
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Chronicles: Akumajo Dracula (X68k/PS1)
« Reply #3326 on: May 25, 2018, 02:44:38 AM »
Are you talking about the main game?
Have you tried Casual mode?
I can't finish any of the classicvanias but I am yet to die in this game in Casual mode. It is designed so well to give the weaker players the opportunity to see the whole game.

I'm talking about Boss Rush Mode, not the main game
"Did you know when one's most desperation time is? It's when he was beaten up by someone critically...
And he can't find who caused this."

Offline Claimh Solais

• Ronove the Radical
  • Master Hunter
  • GO FIGHT!!
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Claimh Solais
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #3327 on: May 25, 2018, 03:20:35 AM »
Currently Playing: Resident Evil 2 [N64]
Games Beaten This Year (2020): 20 Games

Offline piscesdreams

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #3328 on: May 25, 2018, 04:24:40 AM »
+1
I’m going to be probably the unpopular opinion here, but I’m sadly disappointed in Curse of the Moon. It’s level design feels unfinished and unpolished in spots and I didnt find a single bit of music to be at all memorable. There are parts where it felt solid and polished, and then about 70% of the game felt like it was still in testing. The bosses were incredibly repetitive and not at all threatening. Some of the enemy “AI” was just downright lazy too.

The branching paths are great though. But it’s just not what I expected based on the trailer.

Offline VladOfWallachia

• Vampire Hunter
    • Carpathian Night
    • Awards
« Reply #3329 on: May 25, 2018, 08:39:18 AM »
Never had any crashes. Maybe that's cause I downloaded it for play on the Switch instead of steam, who knows.
I got the Switch version as well and managed to crash it. I haven't been able to reproduce that bug though.

I didnt find a single bit of music to be at all memorable
This is probably the main thing I think Castlevania 3 still does way better. I am a bit underwhelmed by the music but its not bad,

Finished the game last night and played through the first level on Nightmare. By the time I reached level 1 boss, both (sorry, don't know their names) vampire and belmont girl had died, leaving me with wizard. I swear I must have smacked the boss with my wizard stick like a million times and he wouldn't go down. I decided to just kill myself and come back with vampire to spam bats and use belmont girl's three knife attack as well. That made short work of him.

It's Friday, so hopefully i can get through nightmare later this evening.

Also, CotM > C3.

Tags:

anything