Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Which Castlevania has the most potential of getting a remake?  (Read 24451 times)

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
Re: Which Castlevania has the most potential of getting a remake?
« Reply #15 on: July 26, 2012, 01:05:52 AM »
+1
Dracula's Curse, please.

Offline Belmont Stakes

• Registered Massholevaniac
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Smashing controllers since 1982
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: August 09, 2012, 06:55:28 PM »
Castlevania I and III are pretty much perfect as they stand. I have two gripes with III but nothing that could really tarnish it. It's a fucking masterpiece. I mean a put your nuts in a garbage disposal fucking masterpiece. The only gripes that I had with DC was the lack of fade out on music approaching bosses (ala CVI, IV and Chronicles). Sorry but atmosphere is what makes the series unique. Two, the control on Trevor was a little bit stiffer than Simon's Quest and well the first games controls have a quirk in them that I just like more that these two. But suffice it to say I don't believe that those two games need a remake. Would I be opposed to III being remade though?????? HELLL FUCK NOOOOOOO!!!!! By all means remake it......... after you remake, remodel, renovate and reinvent Castlevania II Simon's Quest. That game has butt loads of potential ideas and places to improve. No Castlevania game is perfect IMO but no Castlevania game is ever, ever lacking on genius. Not even Judgement, it's just miles short on execution. You can remake that too. But.
((((((((((((runs into the background)))))))))))
SIMON'S QUEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Last Edit: August 09, 2012, 07:00:25 PM by The Whip Her Snapper »

Remember my name and know this. I have Suffolk Down Syndrome.

Stop me if you've heard this one.
A Belmont falls through a trap door into a square prison with no exits. After hitting three sides he smashes through the last one. Relieved and low on health he looks at the camera, smiles and says......"Pork chop?"
ULTIMATE FOURTH WALL BREAK!!! That just happened!!!

Offline SaibotMK

• Hunter in Training
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #17 on: August 09, 2012, 07:29:10 PM »
The fact I am even posting this is lol, because this won't get remade before other Castlevania games I wouldn't think but I would say Rondo of Blood. That and SoTN are my favorites, SoTN really is what got me into Castlevania.

Offline VladCT

• Dark Lord of Wallachia
  • Master Hunter
  • The night is still young...
  • Awards 2015-01-Sprite Contest Gold Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #18 on: August 09, 2012, 07:41:22 PM »
Dude, RoB already had a remake (DXC).
It is precisely because it never cared, that people do care.  It's something which it's lacking, because that which it has, it has lackluster of.
^^
You are now reading this in Robert Belgrade's voice.

Then Lords of Shadow 2 just takes a big, semi-solid, smelly, pea-green dump all over everything.

Offline SaibotMK

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: August 09, 2012, 07:53:12 PM »
Dude, RoB already had a remake (DXC).

Edit: Ok I did some research, PSP only, the game looks like shit and would never play it. It is nothing against PSP, I played AoS and loved it on the PSP long time ago. Maybe DXC is good though and am just judging it by the visuals of the game (which I don't like lol).
« Last Edit: August 09, 2012, 08:20:55 PM by SaibotMK »

Offline VladCT

• Dark Lord of Wallachia
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2015-01-Sprite Contest Gold Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: August 09, 2012, 08:33:12 PM »
+2
Not playing it just because of the graphics? Dude, you're missing out on quite a bit here.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2012, 08:35:46 PM by VladCT »
It is precisely because it never cared, that people do care.  It's something which it's lacking, because that which it has, it has lackluster of.
^^

Then Lords of Shadow 2 just takes a big, semi-solid, smelly, pea-green dump all over everything.

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Vampire Killer (MSX)
« Reply #21 on: August 09, 2012, 08:46:59 PM »
Dracula's Curse.

The Chronicles games were done pretty well and didn't run too much of the risk of pissing off those who like the originals since they were pretty faithful. I can see Dracula's Curse being the next prime candidate, and indeed it's been clamored for for quite some time.

If not that, then Belmont's Revenge....but dear god PLEASE don't "remake" it the same way Adventure was "remade" with Rebirth. (aka: next to nothing like the original version of the game)

Pretty much what Sindra said. Only I liked the ReBirth concept, So if they did do Belmont's Revenge I'd prefer not to have to "dig" to see the connection to the original. I don't wanna have to squint, ya dig? And for the love f the cosmos, use the right freakin' music. Gonna add more stages? OK. THEN you can remix more classic tunes.
"Stuff and things."

Offline Gecko

• King for 1,000 Years on Occasion Avenue
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #22 on: August 09, 2012, 09:01:33 PM »
Well if the Facebookers have their way, it would be SotN.   :rollseyes:

Seriously, the Castlevania page will have something about a boss from Castlevania 4 or something, and there will be a bunch of people commenting on it, with a stupid "You should remake SotN!!1!1". Those comments don't even have a thing to do with the picture! I should stop reading those. It's like Youtube comments: I just need to teach myself to stop reading them, and life will be far less annoying.

Anyway, yeah 3 would be one kickass remake if done well. It'd be neat to see a bunch of cool stuff added to 2 as well. Maybe more weapons, more bosses, more songs for larger open areas, different themes for each mansion... Yeah.
------------
Return to CastleVania

Offline Phoenix7786

• Legendary Hunter
  • Neg on that, Chummer
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: August 09, 2012, 09:34:50 PM »
Edit: Ok I did some research, PSP only, the game looks like shit and would never play it. It is nothing against PSP, I played AoS and loved it on the PSP long time ago. Maybe DXC is good though and am just judging it by the visuals of the game (which I don't like lol).

AoS is not on the PSP. AoS is on the GBA.
12/1/12: Nominated for my 1st award! Thanks to all :D

Offline VladCT

• Dark Lord of Wallachia
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: August 09, 2012, 09:38:53 PM »
I think he's using a GBA emulator on the PSP.
^^

Offline JR

• Home Gym Rat
  • Master Hunter
  • That Star Wars will make a million bucks someday.
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: August 10, 2012, 03:37:17 AM »
I think Simon's Quest would benefit the most from a remake. I can't see Dracula's Curse being improved upon.

...I'd still play the shit out of a CVIII remake, but I suppose that's a moot point.
It's like Who Wants to Be a Millionaire, but instead it's Who Wants Fried Chicken? I do.

Offline SaibotMK

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: August 10, 2012, 07:03:29 AM »
I think he's using a GBA emulator on the PSP.

No it had to have been a GBA then, I must have owned one, I remember playing & beating the game though for sure. Far as DXC goes, I am judging the game from what I have seen, they literatly updated the graphics and not in a good way my opinion. It looks like the first two Ultima Online 3D graphic clients they released back in the day, the original 2D graphics looked better. RoB looks way better then DXC, thats just my opinion.

Offline Pemburu Vampir

• Nameless
  • Legendary Hunter
  • I can speak Engrish fluently.
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: August 10, 2012, 07:16:05 AM »
Dracula's Curse, please.

A majority of fans would agree.

Offline Kamirine

• Welcome to Fright Night.
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #28 on: August 11, 2012, 03:56:08 PM »
Dracula's Curse. After Lords of Shadow 2, I'd love to see a remake of Dracula's Curse. Maybe by Wayforward.

Offline Rugal

• I SHALL DEVOUR
  • Master Hunter
  • I SHALL DEVOUR
  • Awards A master of sarcasm whose words often drip with satire and cynicism. Will make a staunch stand on one subject and never, ever budge. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #29 on: August 12, 2012, 05:49:14 AM »
+2
Maybe they can remake Lords of Shadow into a Castlevania game.  :P
Castlevania: Lords of Shadow sucks
DmC: Devil may Cry is the equivalent of trailer trash
"badly designed fat left on Lords of Shadow 2's bones."

anything