Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: It's 7|15 somewhere, lolololol!  (Read 9183 times)

Offline Ratty

• A Little Pile of Secrets
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Tea. Earl Grey. Hot.
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Other (?)
« Reply #15 on: August 13, 2017, 10:55:20 PM »
I wouldn't say dead, though it does seem slow some-the-times...lotsa-the-times. :-/  I guess we just get busy, or forums like this aren't as popular anymore, or people (sadly) don't realize just how awesome is Castlevania?

Well, for a long time there there was a dropoff in activity for the series, that probably made a lot of people drift off. I hear facebook fangroups for things are generally more active than traditional message boards but I hate using facebook at all (it creeps me out to be honest) so I don't really know.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #16 on: August 13, 2017, 11:25:32 PM »
I never touched facebook at all. I just don't see the point.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #17 on: August 14, 2017, 12:00:38 AM »
+1
I wouldn't say dead, though it does seem slow some-the-times...lotsa-the-times. :-/  I guess we just get busy, or forums like this aren't as popular anymore, or people (sadly) don't realize just how awesome is Castlevania?

All reasons are correct.
I still love the forum format.

Offline theANdROId

• Master Hunter
  • Raiding the Castle's Treasure Room...
  • Awards 2014-12-FoodItem Sprite Contest 3rd Place Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Legacy of Darkness (N64)
« Reply #18 on: August 14, 2017, 05:08:49 PM »
I still love the forum format.

Me too!  I kinda don't mind FB, but in general there's just something about forums like this that I love.  As for this place specifically, it's nice to finally know (sortof) other people who love Castlevania as much as or more than I do!  In my circle of friends, nobody cares much for Castlevania, or they don't like it at all. :-/

Offline redrum

• Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: August 15, 2017, 01:14:31 AM »
HERE HERE!  not only can it be some SERIOUS relationship poison,
but also seems to have caused once real, true friendships to become completely superficial.
best example of that is "yeah we should really hang out sometime!" then never hearing from them...

fakespace (my name for it) has ruined the internet (especially message boards) for many of us, especially those who were here before it existed.
if you ask me;  i think that if it HAS to fucking exist at all, then it should've been left exclusively to college students as it initially was.

so yeah, fakespace can go to hell.
i cut off my account over half a year ago & deleted all of my info/pictures.  every single day still i'm ecstatic that i did.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2017, 01:18:07 AM by redrum »

Offline Eric Roman

• Arima Red
  • Vampire Hunter
  • THE RISE that Eric Roman has sent
    • EricTJRoman.com
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #20 on: August 19, 2017, 01:12:14 PM »

FaceCrap: the advertising platform disguised as a website all your own! 

In a recent experiment to engage certain people directly and mitigate its infinite distractability, I "unfollowed" every person (Friends) and topic (Likes) on my profile and found a quiet echo chamber of just myself, not unlike its earliest days.  It was really cool not getting sold shit every second.  Some days later I re-"followed" a handful and discovered we advertise to each other through our own Likes, which helps keep its system of timesuckery alive.  Consider the following

I'd much rather squander my free time disrupting a Simon VS Richter debate here then getting perked by the latest salebait or SJW spam there.   ;)
« Last Edit: August 19, 2017, 01:15:24 PM by Eric Roman »

Offline Bloodreign

• Old school and nothing but old school
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • The Best
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #21 on: August 20, 2017, 12:45:58 AM »
I thought it was called Assbook, at least I remember someone calling it that at one time. I use it, but it's mainly for the mindless games I play on it. Mind you not much played, just 3-4 games maximum, and never spending money as they can be money pits.

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #22 on: August 20, 2017, 02:13:16 AM »
Never used FB and don't plan to. Mobile games can keep me busy.

Tags: 7|15