Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: New/Young Castlevania fans?  (Read 9393 times)

Offline Long John Silver

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #15 on: December 20, 2007, 07:09:44 PM »
You will not see multidirectional swinging like that in any other game.
Alucard in sotn and dos could slash his sword downwards which was basically the same as multidirectional whip swing. Except he could do that on the ground too. They copied that into por. :P

Offline Kale

• The Ophidian Lord
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: December 20, 2007, 07:14:33 PM »
he probably means all the eight rdirections.

Offline Long John Silver

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: December 20, 2007, 08:03:00 PM »
Yeah but alucard's was the same as (well ok better than) por. In por you could only whip diagonally down and only in air. Alucard could do that in sotn too except he could also do it while crouching.

Geshmaal

Re: New/Young Castlevania fans?
« Reply #18 on: December 21, 2007, 04:56:40 AM »
Well, I tried turning the quality of my emulator up, and the ghosts became visible. I pressed on, but after defeating the final boss of stage 6 and selecting stage 7, my emulator crashed, taking out several other games with it *cries*

Offline The Last Belmont

• Seasoned Adventurer
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
« Reply #19 on: December 21, 2007, 08:45:35 AM »
use Snes9x it's the best supernes emulator and the ghost in SCIV show up. :)
_______________________________________ ______________

Geshmaal

« Reply #20 on: December 21, 2007, 08:53:08 AM »
Yeah, I was running Snes9x TYL on my PSP, I just had the settings so the game would run faster, as the fps drops at full quality. Problem is, my game crashed when I completed stage 6, and I've done it again and encountered the same problem. I've made a seperate thread about getting a NES/SNES, so post in there if you can help me! :)

Offline The Last Belmont

• Seasoned Adventurer
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
« Reply #21 on: December 21, 2007, 12:56:55 PM »
Yeah, I was running Snes9x TYL on my PSP, I just had the settings so the game would run faster, as the fps drops at full quality. Problem is, my game crashed when I completed stage 6, and I've done it again and encountered the same problem. I've made a seperate thread about getting a NES/SNES, so post in there if you can help me! :)

were you using the latest version? I know some of the older versions used to crash but for the most part the newer ones are really solid. Just make sure if you decide to get a snes that you have a coaxle jack on your TV as some of the newer one's I've noticed do not. Or if you have a gc you can use the analog cables from that too. The weird looking plug thing at the end the end that plugs into the GC should plug in just fine in the back of the Snes as well. :)
_______________________________________ ______________

Offline Long John Silver

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: December 21, 2007, 12:59:40 PM »
Or you could just use zsnes, which is superior to snes9x. For one, both castlevanias work perfectly in it. :P

http://zsnes.com/

Geshmaal

« Reply #23 on: December 21, 2007, 01:00:33 PM »
In Reply To #22

Yeah, I have a GC so that wouldn't be a problem. I also have a Wii, so Virtual Console versions of the games may be an option. However, I would most likely have to invest in a Classic controller, as the Gamecube controller is plain weird...

Geshmaal

« Reply #24 on: December 21, 2007, 01:02:53 PM »
Or you could just use zsnes, which is superior to snes9x. For one, both castlevanias work perfectly in it. :P

http://zsnes.com/

Is there a PSP version of zsnes? I'm using it on my PSP, as I struggle controlling SNES games on my keyboard. Also, would my        SNES9x save files work with it?

Offline Slayer

• The Prince of a town called Bel-Air
  • Master Hunter
  • The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: December 21, 2007, 07:27:46 PM »
In Reply To #24

You can't go wrong with the classic controller.  It's a little thicker than the SNES, but for my 10 years after SNES larger hands, that's not so much of a problem.
----------------------------------------------
Tetris world record, set.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_3mxSPWAn4

Tags:

anything