Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Konami will be at Gamescom 2011 with Castlevania!  (Read 98266 times)

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
Re: Konami will be at Gamescom 2011 with Castlevania!
« Reply #120 on: August 08, 2011, 07:27:17 AM »
Most notably the bat is Soma's bat form recolored purple.

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #121 on: August 08, 2011, 07:38:19 AM »
Bats were taken from AoS. So it seems both games are guilty, heh.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #122 on: August 08, 2011, 11:37:46 AM »
Peeping Eye was taken from AoS for HD. I didn't notice any GBA reuse for ReBirth, but I did notice some backgrounds were taken from Chronicles.

I did. Aside from the points mentioned above there were also some background spirtes used from AoS too. These points made the game come off as cheap to me. It was more of a fan-made game rather then a professional Konami job.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #123 on: August 08, 2011, 11:45:46 AM »
Well I remember when you fight the first dragon boss, if you're quick Hector can hop on it's back and it flies up so you'll have to attack it. Which reminds me of Gabriel climbing on the Dracolich's back to fight it shwwwaaaaaa

Offline Deko21

• Jack of all trades, master of none
  • Vampire Hunter
  • The world is corrupt
    • Awards
« Reply #124 on: August 08, 2011, 01:59:15 PM »
So the problem with all or most castlevania games is that they reuse too many sprites? I know HD is a sin in a way with reusing not only sprites but maps too, but isn't there something in the other CV games that make it good outside the graphics used? cause you know, graphics don't make the games, i thought that was the most important thing in gaming.
"I may not be able to use the whip, but i can still kick your ass!" -Jonathan Morris

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #125 on: August 09, 2011, 01:36:55 PM »
Be among the first to play the new Castlevania Harmony of Despair live at gamescom 2011 in Cologne - Come and visit us at the Konami booth in hall 7.1/B31!

Did anyone bother to mention this? Seems to me like it's just going to be Harmony of Despair and nothing else. 

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #126 on: August 09, 2011, 02:06:02 PM »
Quote from:
Be among the first to play the new Castlevania Harmony of Despair live at gamescom 2011 in Cologne - Come and visit us at the Konami booth in hall 7.1/B31!

If all they have is a port of a year old game with minor add ons then

Offline Deko21

• Jack of all trades, master of none
  • Vampire Hunter
  • The world is corrupt
    • Awards
« Reply #127 on: August 09, 2011, 02:18:55 PM »
that better not be it, otherwise i'd be pissed. unless they're keeping something a secret and not telling anyone outside of their office building.
"I may not be able to use the whip, but i can still kick your ass!" -Jonathan Morris

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #128 on: August 09, 2011, 02:33:24 PM »
Well, since this news only mentions Hodespair it's pretty unreasonable to expect anything more then, well hodespair. Take out the pitchforks, I gues.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2011, 02:35:04 PM by Nagumo »

Offline narkolepsi

• sha na na
  • Vampire Hunter
  • it's been awhile hasn't it
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • top zel
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
« Reply #129 on: August 09, 2011, 03:02:05 PM »
Oh.

Well.

*lowers head and walks away in disappointment*
with love and squalor, narkolepsi - back to the lab again!
tumblr

Offline Munchy

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #130 on: August 09, 2011, 03:58:46 PM »
God dammit Konami. HD is not a "new" Castlevania.

Well, it could be worse. Just look at Capcom.

Offline Anonym

• Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
« Reply #131 on: August 09, 2011, 04:46:02 PM »
Allow me to get your hopes up, just a little bit. You know the page on facebook where you can say what you would like to see for the anniversary? Now, I don't know who posted that but if Konami had anything to do with it, isn't there perhaps a small chance they will actually release something?

If they give some plastic figurines and a fancy poster a lot of people will be dissapointed so I think they are going to at least announce a new game.

Maybe a Draculas Curse remake, in a fancy box. With a plastic toy. :)

Offline Foffy

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #132 on: August 09, 2011, 05:08:41 PM »
You know, even if they're considering an idea for an anniversary game, why would they announce it at Gamescom? I thought TGS would have been what everyone would normally assume. :P

Offline Anonym

• Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
« Reply #133 on: August 09, 2011, 05:12:15 PM »
Umm, I'll go get my coat. :)

Offline DarkPrinceAlucard

• The Dark Prince
  • Master Hunter
  • Your dark prince has arrived.
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Castle Modding
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #134 on: August 09, 2011, 05:51:43 PM »
You know, even if they're considering an idea for an anniversary game, why would they announce it at Gamescom? I thought TGS would have been what everyone would normally assume. :P

That is what I was thinking as well.

People should not get discouraged if they do not announce anything for the anniversary at Gamerscom.

There is always Tokyo Gaming Show to look foward to news about the anniversary. ;)

But if nothing is said at TGS then you all can panic! :o

Castlevania Modding Forum http://castlevaniamodding.boards.net/

Tags:

anything