Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Konami will be at Gamescom 2011 with Castlevania!  (Read 98261 times)

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
Re: Konami will be at Gamescom 2011 with Castlevania!
« Reply #135 on: August 09, 2011, 06:01:28 PM »
If nothing is announced at TGS that isn't LoS/"reboot-related," then...

Castlevania is dead to me.

Offline narkolepsi

• sha na na
  • Vampire Hunter
  • it's been awhile hasn't it
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • top zel
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
« Reply #136 on: August 09, 2011, 06:08:55 PM »
Allow me to get your hopes up, just a little bit. You know the page on facebook where you can say what you would like to see for the anniversary? Now, I don't know who posted that but if Konami had anything to do with it, isn't there perhaps a small chance they will actually release something?

If they give some plastic figurines and a fancy poster a lot of people will be dissapointed so I think they are going to at least announce a new game.

Maybe a Draculas Curse remake, in a fancy box. With a plastic toy. :)

That question was asked directly by Konami on its Castlevania page.

And I would so buy that!

Yeah, I'm still holding out for TGS. Konami tends to do more of its big stuff there, at least in one of my previous fandoms; I recall there being a ridiculous crowd to see an in-house musician of theirs that they kept obscured for 6~7 years before he even made an official appearance in public (that did not obscure his face).
with love and squalor, narkolepsi - back to the lab again!
tumblr

Offline cecil-kain

• Lord and Host
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Operation Akumajo
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #137 on: August 09, 2011, 10:00:12 PM »
That is what I was thinking as well.

People should not get discouraged if they do not announce anything for the anniversary at Gamerscom.

There is always Tokyo Gaming Show to look foward to news about the anniversary. ;)

But if nothing is said at TGS then you all can panic! :o

The TGS is just a week before the official anniversary date.  I have serious doubts Konami will have anything to show for this anniversary --and if by some chance they do, it will be the cheapest of afterthoughts.  Panic is hardly necessary if we plan and coordinate our response.

Offline Foffy

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #138 on: August 09, 2011, 11:09:38 PM »
The TGS is just a week before the official anniversary date.  I have serious doubts Konami will have anything to show for this anniversary --and if by some chance they do, it will be the cheapest of afterthoughts.  Panic is hardly necessary if we plan and coordinate our response.

You know if it's lazy, it isn't just Konami being lazy with Castlevania this time! Almost everything they announced at E3 was lazy, so if they announced a compilation disc or something of older Castlevania games (or maybe even a port of The ARCADE), it would be normal for them.

Offline cecil-kain

• Lord and Host
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Operation Akumajo
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #139 on: August 09, 2011, 11:32:53 PM »
You know if it's lazy, it isn't just Konami being lazy with Castlevania this time! Almost everything they announced at E3 was lazy, so if they announced a compilation disc or something of older Castlevania games (or maybe even a port of The ARCADE), it would be normal for them.

A disc full of cheap ports isn't the easy win it used to be.  Half the classics are already on the Wii Virtual Console.  XBLA and PSN also have SotN covered.  The only really good move they could possibly make would be porting GBA and DS games onto home consoles --but we already have Harmony of Despair recycling a lot of that gameplay and content...  As for the Arcade game, that's hard to say --I'm certainly not excited about it...

Offline Deko21

• Jack of all trades, master of none
  • Vampire Hunter
  • The world is corrupt
    • Awards
« Reply #140 on: August 10, 2011, 12:14:44 AM »
Well, the only thing we can do is hope for the best. And hopefully they announce something in TGS. If not, then, well, i guess it'd be best to riot...
"I may not be able to use the whip, but i can still kick your ass!" -Jonathan Morris

Offline JR

• Home Gym Rat
  • Master Hunter
  • That Star Wars will make a million bucks someday.
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #141 on: August 10, 2011, 12:39:17 AM »
If they don't have anything besides HD at Gamescom, I will set my own grandma's hair on fire.  >:(

Actually, I'm hoping for the best, yet expecting the worst, in light of Castlevania's no-show at E3 and Konami's complete lack of info for the series as of late. I'd really like to be surprised, but I'm thinking this will go just like it did last time.
It's like Who Wants to Be a Millionaire, but instead it's Who Wants Fried Chicken? I do.

Offline Munchy

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #142 on: August 10, 2011, 02:55:46 AM »
To be fair, they did say they have something planned for the 25th anniversary, not Gamescom specifically. So it might not even be revealed until after.

Offline JR

• Home Gym Rat
  • Master Hunter
  • That Star Wars will make a million bucks someday.
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #143 on: August 10, 2011, 03:20:36 AM »
I just wish they'd confirm it officially.
It's like Who Wants to Be a Millionaire, but instead it's Who Wants Fried Chicken? I do.

Offline Pemburu Vampir

• Nameless
  • Legendary Hunter
  • I can speak Engrish fluently.
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #144 on: August 10, 2011, 03:46:41 AM »
I believe they will announce something, possibly Judgment 2.

Offline Koutei

• Uboaaa!
  • Legendary Hunter
  • The Japanese People
  • Awards Lurker: Spies on from afar, rarely interacting with the general populace.
    • Awards
« Reply #145 on: August 10, 2011, 04:53:15 AM »
I believe they will announce something, possibly Judgment 2.
*New Characters

IGA

COX
I'm on hiatus now.

Offline shelverton.

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #146 on: August 10, 2011, 05:07:14 AM »
If Konami was ever to make another fighting game, they NEED to outsource it to someone who knows what they're doing. Or they could just pick up the pieces that were left out of Soul Calibur 5. It would most likely make a better game than what the IGA team is capable of.

Or give it to Capcom. They could make a VS. game... Castlevania vs. Ghosts'n Goblins. Or maybe not that. There aren't that many characters in the G'n'G universe. But Castlevania vs. Mega Man? Or not. But what what about Castlevania vs. Devil May Cry? Nah. Damnit. The Castlevania universe is so effin LARGE that no Capcom game could fit, except Mega Man, but that would look very awkward.

EDIT: Capcom vs. Konami would be rather epic, btw.

Offline Foffy

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #147 on: August 10, 2011, 10:38:04 AM »
If Konami was ever to make another fighting game, they NEED to outsource it to someone who knows what they're doing. Or they could just pick up the pieces that were left out of Soul Calibur 5. It would most likely make a better game than what the IGA team is capable of.

Or give it to Capcom. They could make a VS. game... Castlevania vs. Ghosts'n Goblins. Or maybe not that. There aren't that many characters in the G'n'G universe. But Castlevania vs. Mega Man? Or not. But what what about Castlevania vs. Devil May Cry? Nah. Damnit. The Castlevania universe is so effin LARGE that no Capcom game could fit, except Mega Man, but that would look very awkward.

EDIT: Capcom vs. Konami would be rather epic, btw.

Konami gave development to Eighting for Judgment, a company who has fighting game experience. They helped Capcom with Tatsunoko vs Capcom, Marvel vs Capcom 3, and have made the Bloody Roar titles.

Offline Sumac

• Legendary Hunter
  • Logic dominates. Fools must be controlled.
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #148 on: August 10, 2011, 11:32:14 AM »
I think the fact that they have some anniversary project in the works doesn't guarantee in the least that it will be released at the anniversary date.

Of course the best present for the birthday is the one that would be presented on the birthday. But in case of Konami and video games, I'd be satisfied if this project is something interesting and worth waiting for.
Not some cheap collection of 8-bit-16-bit titles or HD-like atrocity.

Offline DarkPrinceAlucard

• The Dark Prince
  • Master Hunter
  • Your dark prince has arrived.
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Castle Modding
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #149 on: August 10, 2011, 02:41:03 PM »
I think the fact that they have some anniversary project in the works doesn't guarantee in the least that it will be released at the anniversary date.

I think it is pretty obvious that the anniversary game will not be released this year.

As someone else pointed out a certain Final Fantasy game was released the year after its anniversary.

That may be what Konami decides to do if they are indeed making a anniversary game.

Castlevania Modding Forum http://castlevaniamodding.boards.net/

Tags:

anything