Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Konami will be at Gamescom 2011 with Castlevania!  (Read 97106 times)

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
Re: Konami will be at Gamescom 2011 with Castlevania!
« Reply #270 on: August 19, 2011, 07:15:50 AM »
Wow, not that I really agree with affinity (I think i had a few disagreements with her) but I don't think she is doing anything wrong. It's just her opinion and she expresses it respectful manner and it is Castlevania related. This board and the administrators can get very gestapo like at times. I wouldn't call it calmness but more conforming to other people's thoughts if you wish to remain here. It's a shame really. This board could be really awesome- but you can see not everyone like affinity will be as open to what they like on here in fear of being jumped on and eventually banned for challenging the majority.

Oh please.  You don't know what you're talking about. 
Seriously, Gestapo?  I don't think you know the meaning of the word.  I just want peace and would like people to stop fuming for pages over a post by a member who is clearly out of their gourd.  I didn't outright do anything to Affinity aside from warning her for flamebait posts (which CAN be as respectful as possible and still be flamebait, by the way).  I did not ban her.

I love how people immediately throw the Nazi term around.  You have not been around since the time of REAL Administrative Use and Abuse of Power.  There are forums where just saying ANYTHING bad about the community gets you insta-banned.  Where disturbing the peace is a bannable offense.  Where the entire majority rules and you get immediately squashed if you disagree (and by squashed I mean banned).  Where hazing is involved upon n00b posters and enforced by Moderation.  And, where agreeing with a person who is banned, gets you banned too. Where making a "Hi I'm new" thread insta-bans you.

I think many will agree that this forum is actually quite lax in its rules.  Again, if you don't like what Affinity (or anyone, really) posts, just ignore them.  If you don't like the way the forum is run, you're also welcome to leave.  You're not tethered to this place and we won't cry if you think you're too good for this place or if you think I'm a Nazi.  You don't have to post here.  I also won't ban you for posting your disagreement with the way it's run, but I won't be changing the way it's run, any time soon.

Not every forum is a democracy.  In fact, I can't think of one forum I've ever been to where it is.  If I have to comb through forum threads and discover pages and pages of people acting like children, I am not going to be interested in who's right after a while. I will be interested in ending the conflict, in whatever way it must be done, and if it turns out that only a week-ban will do it, I will not hesitate to do so, regardless of how much of a Hitler some forum poster will think I am.  I don't get paid do mod you.  I take time out of my day to make sure this place continues to tick and people don't derail every thread with nonsense and bickering.

The very fact that you can post to complain about the way I admin and I'm not erasing your post, or editing it to mock you, and then banning you so that you can never even see me do that, is proof that I'm nowhere as "Nazi" as other admins in other forums.  So kindly close that virtual mouth of yours before it makes you look even more foolish.

Back on Topic:
Gamescon will be ending on Sunday.
When all Castlevania news on Gamescon are done with, this thread will have served its purpose.
Right now it looks like they're focusing more on Silent Hill Downpour and Metal Gear Solid 3D, plus some Pro Evolution Soccer.
If there are any other titles, or if anyone can understand what's going on in the conference, feel free to keep the rest of us clued in.
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline affinity

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards Will make a staunch stand on one subject and never, ever budge. The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #271 on: August 21, 2011, 01:19:34 PM »
It's still Sunday, they might reveal something tonight.   

I mean it makes sense.   ;D    Castlevania HD is on the gamescom list.  There must be a playable booth or trailer or something!   

Even Contra received a vague yet acknowledgeable promotion at E3.   

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
« Reply #272 on: August 21, 2011, 02:12:36 PM »
What a bummer, I hate having expectations  :(

Everything comes full circle

Offline affinity

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards Will make a staunch stand on one subject and never, ever budge. The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #273 on: August 21, 2011, 02:43:16 PM »
Kotaku says Gamescom is so packed, that they had to have masses of people outside wait, the news seems recent, so currently Gamescom is still ongoing, and Konami is still there I think.   It would be bizarre to not have them show anything Castlevania there.   

Maybe TGS  they have something planned but by then, Castlevania HD already be on PSN sometime next month.  I think TGS starts around 9/16.   hmm well, Castlevania HD could release as late as 9/22.

Offline DragonSlayr81

• The Beast Inside
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #274 on: August 21, 2011, 03:31:08 PM »
What a bummer, I hate having expectations  :(
Well, like I said, TGS is the last wall of hope. When it's knocked down, Konami will finally unroll a banner that says, "Unhappy, Shitty 25th Anniversary!". ;D

Offline affinity

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #275 on: August 21, 2011, 04:08:27 PM »
hmm still no news.    Just Guild Wars 2 videos posted hours ago.    I think gamescom continues through the night?    .... yes the night! That must be it!   

They are waiting for the night to reveal things.....

Offline affinity

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #276 on: August 22, 2011, 03:40:08 PM »
hurray! At least a bit of news leaked!   Well actually it was released on their twitter, but I don't know the direct link. feel free to share here. ;D

Anyways people have said Konami releases PSN photos (not sure where though), and claim local co-op might not be splitscreen

(that is REALLY good in a way because it will keep players together and not rushing too far, and enjoy the complete view instead of view divided into 1/4's.  )

Kotaku has an article
http://kotaku.com/5833045/castlevania-harmony-of-despair-hits-psn-next-month-with-all-of-the-360s-dlc

« Last Edit: August 22, 2011, 03:59:01 PM by affinity »

Offline Maedhros

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
« Reply #277 on: August 22, 2011, 06:36:00 PM »
hurray! At least a bit of news leaked!   Well actually it was released on their twitter, but I don't know the direct link. feel free to share here. ;D

Anyways people have said Konami releases PSN photos (not sure where though), and claim local co-op might not be splitscreen

(that is REALLY good in a way because it will keep players together and not rushing too far, and enjoy the complete view instead of view divided into 1/4's.  )

Kotaku has an article
http://kotaku.com/5833045/castlevania-harmony-of-despair-hits-psn-next-month-with-all-of-the-360s-dlc

Offline KaZudra

• Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-04-Story Contest - 2nd Place Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #278 on: August 22, 2011, 06:39:06 PM »

Kotaku has an article

that'ts gonna be a problem for later stages like stages 4, 7, 11, and the others which require splitting up.

"I ain't gonna let it get to me I'm just gonna let it get to me" -Knuckles

Offline Deko21

• Jack of all trades, master of none
  • Vampire Hunter
  • The world is corrupt
    • Awards
« Reply #279 on: August 22, 2011, 06:45:08 PM »
oh well, there's always TGS.

For now, i guess we PS3 users can just enjoy HD for the time being (least until it gets released...)
"I may not be able to use the whip, but i can still kick your ass!" -Jonathan Morris

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #280 on: August 23, 2011, 06:29:30 PM »
Alright, this thread has served its purpose.

The bottom line:  Konami did not show anything about Castlevania until the very last minute.  And, when it did, it was just some Harmony of Despair stuff and nothing on the 25th Year Anniversary.

Thread over.  Now to be locked.
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Tags: