Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Konami will be at Gamescom 2011 with Castlevania!  (Read 97109 times)

Offline affinity

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards Will make a staunch stand on one subject and never, ever budge. The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
Re: Konami will be at Gamescom 2011 with Castlevania!
« Reply #30 on: August 03, 2011, 02:13:05 PM »
Case in point.

*points at Affinity*

hey!  And you would claim you don't have some ideas/tastes a lot of people wouldn't agree with? Don't single me out!   ;D

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #31 on: August 03, 2011, 02:33:42 PM »
There will be nothing about LOS at neither Gamescom or TGS, if what the Rely on Horror article says is true then they will focus on the 25 anniversary of Castlevania. Having a sequel to a reboot for an anniversary gift would not make any sense since a anniversary should be focused on the past rather than the future.

Besides if there is any time to announce LOS2 it would be at E3 next year, it's too early to announce a sequel now.

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #32 on: August 03, 2011, 02:36:11 PM »
Well, I'm not sure why you would be upset, Flame. Both Lords of Shadow and IGA's games have problems, but if you hate on one of them doesn't mean you like everything about the other one. Also, people made a pretty big deal about not liking the overall atmosphere, and it not relating much to the series in general.     
« Last Edit: August 03, 2011, 02:42:15 PM by Nagumo »

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #33 on: August 03, 2011, 02:45:01 PM »
didn't COX acknowledge in LoS' development that what they're doing will "piss off a lot of fans cuz we're changing everything"

don't blame us flame lol

Offline Kingshango

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #34 on: August 03, 2011, 02:51:46 PM »
Not only fans, but Konami themselves also didn't initally like the direction of LOS untill they had a sudden change of heart.

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #35 on: August 03, 2011, 02:55:03 PM »
untill they had a sudden change of heart.

i.e Kojima.

:)   

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #36 on: August 03, 2011, 02:57:58 PM »
Not only fans, but Konami themselves also didn't initally like the direction of LOS untill they had a sudden change of heart.

...What..?

What bothers me is the extreme hate. I mean, this is some hate... ARRRRWRRRRRR LOS OMFG DISGRACE TO CASTLEVANIA OMG WORST SHIT EVAAAAR OMG HATE IT SO MUCH HOPE COX DIES VJHVBJHB

Instead of yknow, just "I dont like it because I disagree with such and such because so and so."

I see blind hate, and it kind of bothers me. I can accept that people dont like LOS, thats not my problem, hate it if you will, but dont just go and rage about it in such a derogatory way.
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #37 on: August 03, 2011, 03:00:22 PM »
Nobody here has gone a rage about it. Except like Affinity or something.   

Offline DarkPrinceAlucard

• The Dark Prince
  • Master Hunter
  • Your dark prince has arrived.
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Castle Modding
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #38 on: August 03, 2011, 03:04:01 PM »
Everytime I have voiced my dislike for LOS I have always been calm and gave reasons.

That never really stopped LOS fans from going on the offensive with defending it.

Just sayin...

Castlevania Modding Forum http://castlevaniamodding.boards.net/

Offline Kingshango

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #39 on: August 03, 2011, 03:06:23 PM »
...What..?

Konami felt that it was too "dark" for the series and was worried of the backlash by fans and nearly cancelled the project, then they had a change of heart
i.e Kojima.

And the LOS project was at full swing.

Offline Munchy

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #40 on: August 03, 2011, 03:55:14 PM »
I don't understand some of Konami's reasoning. They were afraid LoS was too dark when it had some of the brightest settings for the series ever? They wanted a less "effeminate" soundtrack so the obvious answer was all orchestra? (Not that I'm against orchestras or some brightness, it's just that Konami's logic is WTF.)

Offline KaZudra

• Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-04-Story Contest - 2nd Place Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #41 on: August 03, 2011, 05:46:30 PM »
I don't understand some of Konami's reasoning. They were afraid LoS was too dark when it had some of the brightest settings for the series ever? They wanted a less "effeminate" soundtrack so the obvious answer was all orchestra? (Not that I'm against orchestras or some brightness, it's just that Konami's logic is WTF.)

The soundtrack was okay, but the waterfall Song started to get old 5 missions later, should've had more tracks.

"I ain't gonna let it get to me I'm just gonna let it get to me" -Knuckles

Offline Alukard

• Adrian Celcius Tepes
  • Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #42 on: August 03, 2011, 11:19:25 PM »
At this Games-con event-

I do NOT want to see anything to do with that horrid recycled garbage mockery of a Castlevania that they call "Harmony of Despair".
I do NOT want to see anything about a sequel or prequel or DLC package related to 3D Coxvania. Mediocrity. I'd rather play God of War.

What I DO want is a new IGA 2D or 2.5D sidescroller with a nostalgic touch to it. It's been a-freakin' while.
I apologize for my vulgarity in advance---I'm very tired.

I'm interested in this.

Offline Sumac

• Legendary Hunter
  • Logic dominates. Fools must be controlled.
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #43 on: August 04, 2011, 12:29:37 AM »
Could you please stop pretending that if somebody doesn't link Lords of Shadow, he or she must automatically fully support the opposite side? I realise you are talking to Affinity here, but you make it sound like all we want is the same thing over and over. >:[     
If we talk about Affinity, then no, I can't.
And please, read my post carefully, it was adressed only to her and no one else. No need to instantly jump to conclusions about my opinion of the whole fandom.

Cox and friends kill the series further with their nonsense,
Because recycling everything for the last 10 years and lame storylines rejuvenate the series as never before. Ha-ha-ha...You're funny.

Next thing you know, it will be Castlevania in New York, and you probably will only stick with it because it has new graphics and different story?     That isn't what Castlevania gaming is about.
Castlevania could and must change overtime. That is natural process called evolution. Some like it and could accept it, some don't and will spit poison on every occasion. If you don'y like, well, then maybe you beter leave fandom since series usually rarely return back. Especially in Castlevania case, where last decade was filled mostly with nonsense and few gems.

Well I guess what some people said are right in some cases, 'a lot of fans don't know what's best for a franchise'.
Fans shouldn't even decide what's good for franchise. And developers honestly shouldn't care that much.
Creators shouldn't cater to specific interests of small group of people (no matter who they are). It restricts imagination and alienates more people than attract.

Offline C Belmont

• Vampire Hunter
  • Awards 2016-02 Sprite Contest 3rd Place 2014-12-Quarterly 3D Contest 1st Place Award The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #44 on: August 04, 2011, 06:03:42 AM »
Castlevania could and must change overtime. That is natural process called evolution. Some like it and could accept it, some don't and will spit poison on every occasion. If you don'y like, well, then maybe you beter leave fandom since series usually rarely return back. Especially in Castlevania case, where last decade was filled mostly with nonsense and few gems.

LOS is a Reboot
In other words Konami hit the reset button on Castlevania
I would consider that more comparable to a giant comet wiping the slate clean than the natural process of evolution.

Tags: