Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Konami will be at Gamescom 2011 with Castlevania!  (Read 97884 times)

Offline Sumac

• Legendary Hunter
  • Logic dominates. Fools must be controlled.
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
Re: Konami will be at Gamescom 2011 with Castlevania!
« Reply #60 on: August 04, 2011, 03:01:15 PM »
The references to other games are forced, the high gothic atmosphere that makes Castlevania so beautiful is only communicated through in-your-face religion and said forced references to other games, and the soundtrack is woefully generic.
Truth to be told not all Castlevania games had high-gotic atmoshere.

putting the "Castlevania" name on it results in a ton of added expectations that it fails to live up to.
It was understable from the begining that the game will be radically different from everything that was released under the title "Castlevania" ever before. It was quite strange to have big expectations for the game that stylistically is similar to the pasr entries, only because the game had "Castlevania" attached to it and ignoring all the information that you had about the project.

If a game is ambitious enough to attach to it the name "Castlevania," then it shouldn't alienate anyone as it is doing to a lot of fans.
It's impossible to please anyone. Especially fans. Epsecially for the franchise with such long and colourful story as Castlevania.
I bet if it was another "metoridvania" game fandom would explode with IGArage and some fans would be alinated by lack of change. In the end developers shouldn't cater to the specific interests of the small group of people if they want to have good sales.
Besides, if anything, LOS prooved how different expectations of all the fans in the series and that it would completely impossible to satisfy them all. I velieve Symphone also made quile a lot of buzz in the fandom in it's time. But ultimately it was accepeted as one of the best entires in the series.

There is still a possibility that they announce something HUGE that's been in the making for years. The Alucardvania definitely comes to mind. It was never really cancelled. Maybe Konami just said to IGA: "Hey, keep working on this game cause it needs to be EPIC. Meanwhile we'll release Lords of Shadow. Also, copy/paste something and release it on XBLA so no one suspects anything. Everyone has forgotten about the TGS teaser by now, and if someone asks we say nothing. Not yet."
It's more of a fantasy, than even wishful thinking.
Alucard-vania most likely will never see the light of day. Konami will not spent huge amount of money for the two big games in the same franchise just to cater for the fans of the old storyline. That's stupid from businnes and logical point of view since release of the another Castlevania game that belong to another timeline will confuse new gamers.

And I don't think Alucard-vania could make a good anniversary game anyway. Anniversary is to remember the past and Alucard-vania certainly would be more about heading for the future with new graphics and possibly completely new gameplay style.

Offline Deko21

• Jack of all trades, master of none
  • Vampire Hunter
  • The world is corrupt
    • Awards
« Reply #61 on: August 04, 2011, 03:50:40 PM »
You know, i always thought that alucard-vania game was just a tech demo, not a game at all. In other words, just a video to showcase that system's capabilities, not an actual game that's gonna be released, which would explain why we're never hearing any news about it.
"I may not be able to use the whip, but i can still kick your ass!" -Jonathan Morris

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #62 on: August 04, 2011, 03:55:40 PM »
well at the end of the "tech demo" it did say "in development for X360/PS3"...

Offline shelverton.

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #63 on: August 04, 2011, 04:10:29 PM »
Crisis, why would Konami show a trailer at Tokyo Game Show for a game that hasn't even been greenlit? I'm not saying you're wrong, but you gotta admit that the whole thing is kinda strange. Especially since LoS was already in development when Konami announced the Alucardvania... Well, well.. Guess we'll see. Or not.

Offline KaZudra

• Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-04-Story Contest - 2nd Place Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #64 on: August 04, 2011, 05:16:26 PM »
Forgot to mention, Konami can be making some Real money on HD if they Port that bad boy to some PC clients like Steam and since pirates can't play online, and the is no fun without anyone to play it with, its a sure buy, Just Package the entire game plus DLC in one and allow fan made content like valve games.
LoS PC Sounds Just as good, Imagine LoS in 1080p at 60fps + Anti Aliasing. Konami would HAVE my wallet.

"I ain't gonna let it get to me I'm just gonna let it get to me" -Knuckles

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
« Reply #65 on: August 04, 2011, 08:12:19 PM »
LoS2! LoS was announced at Gamescom 2008, it's just the right place for the next one  :D

Oh, and the annyversary of course, great

Edit: Screw it, I didn't read the first post. so it's HoD releated, that sucks.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2011, 08:14:28 PM by Ahasverus »

Everything comes full circle

Offline cecil-kain

• Lord and Host
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Operation Akumajo
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #66 on: August 05, 2011, 12:01:06 AM »
LoS2! LoS was announced at Gamescom 2008, it's just the right place for the next one  :D

Oh, and the annyversary of course, great

Cox just confirmed on his Twitter account that he is NOT attending Gamescom this year, so I doubt we'll be hearing anything about Lords of Shadow 2 this time...

Offline thernz

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #67 on: August 05, 2011, 02:54:02 AM »
It'd be pretty hilarious if Alucardvania was a tech demo.
It really
didn't
look good at all graphically.

Offline angevil

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #68 on: August 05, 2011, 05:16:25 AM »
It most certainly has a soul.   

Hey there, again. But you don`t have a soul because you are a robot made for promoting Despair. Bye, bye..

Now, I want IGA back with the 1999 game. He owes us that before the world ends in Dec 2012 :D He should have Ayami and Michuru on his team, at least bring a few songs and one artwork to it..They deserve to be on board and we deserve it, too. The game should be 2D (2.5D acceptable as well).

Offline Successor The Cruel

• In brightest day, in blackest night, no evil shall escape my sight. Let those who worship evil's might...
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Beware my Power! Green Lantern's Light!
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Chapel of Resonance
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« Reply #69 on: August 05, 2011, 05:38:26 AM »
It's impossible to please anyone. Especially fans. Epsecially for the franchise with such long and colourful story as Castlevania.
I bet if it was another "metoridvania" game fandom would explode with IGArage and some fans would be alinated by lack of change. In the end developers shouldn't cater to the specific interests of the small group of people if they want to have good sales.

Maybe I'm being naive or forgetful, but I've never seen a Castlevania title divide the fanbase as much as LoS, which is completely understandable, because before it, I'd never seen a Castlevania game that doesn't really resemble Castlevania. I know Castlevania fans are usually at odds with each other about something, but I've never quite seem anything like what this game brought on, I think. I hope Konami gets a hint that putting more eggs in the MercurySteam basket isn't the way to go. I don't think LoS brought in enough new fans to justify continuing to alienate so many long time, die hard fans. If there is a flood of new appreciators of Castlevania (which I'm pretty sure there's not), I certainly don't know where they would be found. Ditching Castlevania's spirit in hopes of riding coattails of currently popular franchises is totally not keeping it real, and it's very easy to see through.

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #70 on: August 05, 2011, 06:54:34 AM »
Crisis, why would Konami show a trailer at Tokyo Game Show for a game that hasn't even been greenlit?

Mega Man Legends 3 says hello.

Whats so bad about Harmony of Dissonance?

because before it, I'd never seen a Castlevania game that doesn't really resemble Castlevania.
Judgement?
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline Claimh Solais

• Ronove the Radical
  • Master Hunter
  • GO FIGHT!!
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Claimh Solais
    • Awards
« Reply #71 on: August 05, 2011, 08:52:53 AM »
It'd be pretty hilarious if Alucardvania was a tech demo.
It really
didn't
look good at all graphically.

Yeah, I agree. It looked like a Wii game.
Currently Playing: Resident Evil 2 [N64]
Games Beaten This Year (2020): 20 Games

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #72 on: August 05, 2011, 09:00:52 AM »
your face looks like a Wii game  >:(

Offline Claimh Solais

• Ronove the Radical
  • Master Hunter
  • GO FIGHT!!
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Claimh Solais
    • Awards
« Reply #73 on: August 05, 2011, 09:27:41 AM »
your face looks like a Wii game  >:(

My face IS a Wii game! D:<

In all seriousness, I like the graphics of Wii games, so the graphics didn't bother me in the Alucardvania.
Currently Playing: Resident Evil 2 [N64]
Games Beaten This Year (2020): 20 Games

Offline DragonSlayr81

• The Beast Inside
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #74 on: August 05, 2011, 10:08:49 AM »
Mega Man Legends 3 says hello.
It still bothers me that ANY company could do such a stupid thing. "Oh, look at this! This game COULD be coming out in the near future. Just think about it! That is, if we get it greenlit!". What kind of logic lies within that type of thing. Don't confirm or announce ANYTHING unless it's in production. If it's pitch isn't even a sure thing, nobody needs to know about it.

Tags:

anything