Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night - Gameplay, Story & Spoilers  (Read 28152 times)

Offline KaZudra

• Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-04-Story Contest - 2nd Place Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
Re: Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night - Gameplay, Story & Spoilers
« Reply #30 on: July 02, 2019, 11:52:55 PM »
I agree that they could have made it so you could equip more souls this way.  Bit of a missed opportunity, but the shortcut system can be used to replicate such a thing.
It's called Accelerator and it is in the Den of Behemoths.  Race the ninja.  You can use Reflector Ray to gain ground on him as he'll freeze while it's fired off.

I'd argue that the real problem isn't that there aren't enough movement speed boosts in the game; it's that you get them far too late into the game.  It should be noted that all movement speed items/books/etc stack on each other which means that by end-game you're very fast.  But in NG+ you lose the books, which is pretty lame... but honestly that was the case in several of the Castlevanias as well so I'm not surprised.  Accelerator can be carried over to NG+ which makes replaying the game very fast.  You can do 100% runs of the castle in less than two hours with it easily.

Jump-Kick Cancel is your friend here.

"I ain't gonna let it get to me I'm just gonna let it get to me" -Knuckles

Offline Dark Nemesis

• Lord of Darkness
  • Master Hunter
  • Peeping your dreams....
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #31 on: July 03, 2019, 10:28:04 AM »
That's not good, you should have a code for IGA's Back Pack, Then the quest should have been available at the very start of the game.
If you have "Avenge the death of Julius", Just go back to the Gebel room and fight him.

So, where do i find that code, because i haven't got any, except from the game.
Ruler of Chaos

Offline shelverton.

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #32 on: July 03, 2019, 01:19:51 PM »
Sooo... I haven’t finished the game yet but I’m at approx 75% map completion and just encountered another Zangetsu boss fight (in the Oriental Lab thing). I’m level 35 and I’m having a rough time right now. Am I under-levelled? I think the ninjas are especially annoying and my health drains quickly in this area... I know I can beat Zangetsu if I bring some healing stuff but I just wanna know if you think level 35 is about right?

As a side note I’m kinda bothered by the layout of this castle. I know it’s whimsical IGA time and everything but I appreciate when locations make at least some sense. Instead I climb a castle tower and end up in a friggin cave? That’s bad design. The oriental lab should’ve been at least partly underground.

Offline aensland

• Vampire Hunter
  • Awards 2018-06 Music Concert 1st Place 2017-02-Music Contest 1st Place
    • Awards
« Reply #33 on: July 03, 2019, 03:00:52 PM »
So we backers on ps4, how do we activate IGA secret boss quest? He's the only one missing for shards completion.
IGA boss fight isn't part of the 100% bestiary/shard completion, you're probably missing kunekune.

Am I under-levelled?
Yes, grinding ten levels wouldn't hurt.

The oriental lab should’ve been at least partly underground.
Or not even at all in the game, Curse of the Moon did the japanese motif really good, in this game it feels really forced.

Offline Jazz Paladin Productions

• Vampire Hunter
  • I was summoned here to pay tribute
    • Jazz Paladin On Facebook
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #34 on: July 03, 2019, 03:43:18 PM »
One thing that I found particularly annoying was with regard to the inverting...

(click to show/hide)

Needless to say that I ended up finding my way to the Oriental Sorcery Lab / Upper Cathedral without getting the requisite item--just stocked health potions and equipped items to make me speedier for the dangerous run through spikes. Needless to say, I just barely make it, and died several times, but that was frustrating...

Oh yeah and doing it that way through the spikes permanently destroyed several pieces of gear I was wearing and auto equipped something else. Wasn't anything from shortcuts either. Not sure if that was a bug or not but was still kinda thematically cool considering the heavy damage I took in that passage.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2019, 04:25:01 PM by Jazz Paladin Productions »
Jazzyvania: Symphonies of the Knight now available on CD/ Digital platforms! Groove on!

Offline Aridale

• Master Hunter
  • =D
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
« Reply #35 on: July 03, 2019, 07:25:37 PM »
NG+ option can only be seen after you beat the true ending
(click to show/hide)
; the save file should have "Clear" mark following the staff credit's end, then back to the save slots screen, press the LT button on the Xbox controller to active NG+ option - other versions on different platforms has respective specific button responsible for such function, e.g.: "Page up" key for default value in PC (Steam) version.

Ahh ok I just missed the prompt. I was thinkin it would be on the extras screen or something.

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Swankster's Backloggery
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« Reply #36 on: July 03, 2019, 07:29:48 PM »
Hopefully by the time I get serious into playing this game and not just 30 minutes here and there, they'll hammer out all the kinks. Newest newsletter update confirms changes to the map system including auto-centering, and closing the map with the standard Cancel button. Y'know, stuff that should've been implemented from the get-go because it makes for good menu navigation, but apparently the devs had to receive feedback from gamers to do it right.
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline VladOfWallachia

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Carpathian Night
    • Awards
« Reply #37 on: July 04, 2019, 07:45:55 AM »
I've been really busy and still haven't had the time to finish my first playthrough, but I'm pretty sure I'm near the end. I've got a lot to say, maybe I'll post a detailed review later, but in summary I think the game is fantastic. It's definitely better than I expected it to be. A lot of the things I thought would bother me turned out to be things I really appreciate for unexpected reasons, like the use of 3D instead of 2D graphics, the atmosphere, and the lack of the Castlevania IP. Personally, I'm liking Bloodstained more than any Igavania that isn't SotN, and even then, I feel like Bloodstained does certain things better than SotN. I'm going to try to find the time to finish the game this weekend, and I'm already excited about trying to specialize in different weapons and shards during my second playthrough. Iga proved that he is still more than capable creating great exploration platformers, and I hope he continues developing the Bloodstained franchise further.

That being said, I have ran into several bugs, and I'm playing on what should be the most stable version, the PC version. For example, one time I went into the menu screen and Miriam's character model was missing it's head. When I tried to exit out of the menu, the game crashed. I also got stuck in water once, like my controls for Miriam were disabled when I jumped in the water. Luckily I was able to enter the item menu and use one of those items that teleport you back to town. The buggyness of the game is its biggest fault for sure, but luckily its something that can be fixed with updates.

Also, I think someone else mentioned it before, is the red moon in front of the castle a bug? If there was some sort of story explanation for that I haven't seen it. I don't see a possible reason for the moon to be overlapping in front of the castle so I figured it must be a bug.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #38 on: July 04, 2019, 09:33:45 AM »
Also, I think someone else mentioned it before, is the red moon in front of the castle a bug? If there was some sort of story explanation for that I haven't seen it. I don't see a possible reason for the moon to be overlapping in front of the castle so I figured it must be a bug.

I noticed this too when first exploring the gardens. I didn't think anything of it at the time until near the end. One thing that did bother me is that trying to get the best ending is rather ambiguous. Almost like HoD but even more-so. I had to find a walk-through in order to understand how to trigger it  :P
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline VladOfWallachia

• Vampire Hunter
    • Carpathian Night
    • Awards
« Reply #39 on: July 04, 2019, 09:59:41 AM »
I've only seen the obvious bad ending, I accidentally walked into Gebel's room and had no choice but to fight him.

Since I'm so strapped with time I'll probably look up how to get the good ending. The only lead I have is to just keep exploring the castle, but I haven't seen anything that I think would lead to different endings.

Offline Aceearly1993

• Nothing absolute
  • Legendary Hunter
    • 1993P Doubleguy at Youtube
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Chronicles: Akumajo Dracula (X68k/PS1)
« Reply #40 on: July 04, 2019, 03:31:09 PM »
The red moon at the garden is not a bug but a gimmick that you'll end up use it to reach last few areas of the game after you get corresponding weapon that work with it.
"Did you know when one's most desperation time is? It's when he was beaten up by someone critically...
And he can't find who caused this."

Offline Super Waffle

• Master Hunter
  • Obliterated CharloNathan and has no regrets
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can.
    • The zone
    • Awards
« Reply #41 on: July 04, 2019, 07:40:29 PM »
So what I can gather about Bloodstained’s plot from playing the game so far is Solid Snake doesn’t like Kung Fu Maria Renard because she smells like stinky crystals.

Offline NagoriyukiSlayer

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #42 on: July 05, 2019, 02:35:24 AM »
So what I can gather about Bloodstained’s plot from playing the game so far is Solid Snake doesn’t like Kung Fu Maria Renard because she smells like stinky crystals.

DO NOT CLICK THE SPOILER IF YOU'RE STILL PLAYING THROUGH THE GAME FOR THE GOOD ENDING FOR THE FIRST TIME!!!

(click to show/hide)

For those still playing the game, it's yours truly remarking on how safe the game plays it with the plot and how certain things...play out.

Offline Super Waffle

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can.
    • The zone
    • Awards
« Reply #43 on: July 05, 2019, 07:54:24 PM »
Nyabon: *appears on the screen for the first time*

me: Okaaay. What are you?

Nyabon: *gets aggroed and summons walls of flame to incinerate Miriam’s spats off*

me: UHHH WHOA

Offline Super Waffle

• Master Hunter
    • The zone
    • Awards
Tags:

anything