Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night - Gameplay, Story & Spoilers  (Read 28378 times)

Offline The Puritan

• Vagabond
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
Re: Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night - Gameplay, Story & Spoilers
« Reply #45 on: July 06, 2019, 04:23:41 PM »
+1
So who's up for an edgy Netflix series in about 30 years?

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Swankster's Backloggery
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« Reply #46 on: July 06, 2019, 05:28:26 PM »
I hope a bad dude has a line about Miriam getting tit-fakk'd.
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline Super Waffle

• Master Hunter
  • Obliterated CharloNathan and has no regrets
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can.
    • The zone
    • Awards
« Reply #47 on: July 06, 2019, 06:28:06 PM »
+2
I hope a bad dude has a line about Miriam getting tit-fakk'd.

Is that a thing that happens in the Netflix cartoon?

edit:

>Changes Miriam’s outfit to green and gives her the long hair style with blonde dye so she looks more like Maria

>Finds new item: Beast Beret

>Equips it to see what it looks like

Oh, great. I accidentally created Cammy.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2019, 07:54:57 PM by Super Waffle »

Offline The Puritan

• Vagabond
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #48 on: July 06, 2019, 11:05:57 PM »
Nah. Just goat-fakking. Offscreen. By the bloimiest Wallachians you'll ever meet.

Is that a thing that happens in the Netflix cartoon?
Oh, great. I accidentally created Cammy.

Hot.

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #49 on: July 07, 2019, 03:13:18 AM »
Spoilers for the entire story:

(click to show/hide)

Offline Zuljaras

• Castletoria (Game Project)
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Castle Builder!!!
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
« Reply #50 on: July 07, 2019, 07:35:11 AM »
One thing that I missed the most in Bloodstained RotN was the creepiness on the CV games. The supposedly dark and scary areas were not so impressive.

Just remember the perfect SotN Catacombs. This is probably the best creepy area in ALL Castlevania games. I missed that a lot in RotN.
Check out my game Castletoria in our forum ->> http://castlevaniadungeon.net/forums/index.php?topic=5631.0

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #51 on: July 07, 2019, 10:31:40 AM »

(click to show/hide)

I never expected IGA to step out of his own shoes for this game. As the sole creator/director he only has so much in his well of creativity before falling back on old ideas. It happened while he was making CV games I noticed. I think there should have been more creativity involved. This would have allowed IGA to dip his bucket into other wells of creativity and bring up some fresh ideas cause there's only so much one person can do over a few decades.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline AlexCalvo

• The man.
  • Legendary Hunter
  • No longer a jerk, but still wonderful.
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #52 on: July 07, 2019, 12:42:36 PM »
I always enjoy the broad strokes of Iga's stories, especially the world building.  But he really should hire another scenario writer to take his ideas and make them more dramatic and nuanced.  They work well enough to keep the game moving a long, but gamers expect more than that these days.
https://www.fanfiction.net/s/13104670/1/Castlevania-Birth-of-the-Dragon

Dracula was not always a monster. He was once a man named Mathias Cronqvist. A flawed, conflicted, genius of a man. How did the educated, aristocratic, crusader who piously served the church become a vampire, and eventually the Dark Lord himself, the opposing force to God? From a very young age terrors and tragedy shaped the man into the king of all evil. This is his story.

Offline JR

• Home Gym Rat
  • Master Hunter
  • That Star Wars will make a million bucks someday.
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #53 on: July 07, 2019, 06:56:24 PM »

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

One thing that I missed the most in Bloodstained RotN was the creepiness on the CV games. The supposedly dark and scary areas were not so impressive.

Just remember the perfect SotN Catacombs. This is probably the best creepy area in ALL Castlevania games. I missed that a lot in RotN.

I feel the same. I really love RotN and Curse of the Moon, but they still can't touch CV in terms of atmosphere and enemies, especially the earlier games. But for me, they don't really have to, either. Bloodstained could never really be a replacement for CV. I like to look at it as its own series. And both Bloodstained games were really, really fun to play.

I never expected IGA to step out of his own shoes for this game. As the sole creator/director he only has so much in his well of creativity before falling back on old ideas. It happened while he was making CV games I noticed. I think there should have been more creativity involved. This would have allowed IGA to dip his bucket into other wells of creativity and bring up some fresh ideas cause there's only so much one person can do over a few decades.

I really think this could've helped, too. He could've gotten help from someone for the storyline, or started with basic ideas and handed the rest over to someone else entirely. Then just keep his focus on making the gameplay tight and fun. He seems to be really good at building great gameplay, but it really takes a lot of effort to come up with a compelling, cohesive story.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2019, 07:01:21 PM by JR »
It's like Who Wants to Be a Millionaire, but instead it's Who Wants Fried Chicken? I do.

Offline Super Waffle

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can.
    • The zone
    • Awards
« Reply #54 on: July 07, 2019, 08:10:37 PM »
I think it's weird you can fight this game's fake final boss so early and not have a second castle afterwards.

Offline VladOfWallachia

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Carpathian Night
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #55 on: July 11, 2019, 05:50:30 AM »
I finally beat the game yesterday!

Bloodstained beat me to this idea:
(click to show/hide)

Offline Gaawa-chan

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork.
    • Awards
« Reply #56 on: July 11, 2019, 06:06:47 AM »
I finally beat the game yesterday!

Bloodstained beat me to this idea:
(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

Offline Super Waffle

• Master Hunter
    • The zone
    • Awards
« Reply #57 on: July 11, 2019, 09:39:34 AM »
Why did the Dracula boy turn into a red goopy crystal thing?

Offline Jazz Paladin Productions

• Vampire Hunter
  • I was summoned here to pay tribute
    • Jazz Paladin On Facebook
    • Awards
« Reply #58 on: July 11, 2019, 10:18:21 AM »
So it also looks like almost every boss from COTM made it into ROTN. The only one I can't seem to place as having appeared in both is the Stage 2 boss from COTM, the one in the forest / ice stage. Did I miss it somehow, or was there maybe an artistic difference I did not see?
Jazzyvania: Symphonies of the Knight now available on CD/ Digital platforms! Groove on!

Offline KaZudra

• Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-04-Story Contest - 2nd Place Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #59 on: July 11, 2019, 03:14:48 PM »
Defeating O.D. is an oddly (probably non-intentional) meta joke about pillaging the library.
(click to show/hide)

I hope there's more Hair-styles and colors in-bound, I think it's a cool idea but a little bare-bones. Maybe an option to turn OFF visual effects of passive Yellow shards.
Also, the modding community is slowly emerging, but beware.

"I ain't gonna let it get to me I'm just gonna let it get to me" -Knuckles

Tags:

anything