Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night - Gameplay, Story & Spoilers  (Read 28144 times)

Offline NagoriyukiSlayer

• Hunter in Training
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
Re: Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night - Gameplay, Story & Spoilers
« Reply #60 on: July 12, 2019, 03:41:12 AM »
Spoilers for the entire story:

(click to show/hide)

This is literally what I noted in the other post where I spoiled everything with that big epic warning. It kind of feels like The Force Awakens in this regard: he had to prove that he could do something first, so he decided to make something different, but switch roles around and call it a day.

One thing that I missed the most in Bloodstained RotN was the creepiness on the CV games. The supposedly dark and scary areas were not so impressive.

Just remember the perfect SotN Catacombs. This is probably the best creepy area in ALL Castlevania games. I missed that a lot in RotN.

Yeah, this is what I feel is missing most from ROTN: this should look like an old, beaten down castle with lots of history and visual storytelling. There should be blood on spikes and remains of previous adventurers laying around in certain rooms. Instead, we get this clean-cut castle that, yes, was supposedly "resurrected" by Gebel implying it's creation being fairly recent, but it just doesn't have anything that makes it look like a dangerous place to travel through. Not to mention, remember how awesome it was to kill the Zombie Soldier in SOTN? With blood splattering everywhere? For a game with "blood" in the title, the most blood you'll see is that blood pool at the beginning of the game. None of the enemies die in a way that's satisfying with the same flair as everything exploding like in SOTN. They just kind of...fade out of existence.

It feels like they had ideas and the basis ready to go, but didn't quite put in the details to make areas standout and be memorable as opposed to being a castle with the only atmosphere being whatever music track was playing for whatever situation your in.

Offline Super Waffle

• Master Hunter
  • Obliterated CharloNathan and has no regrets
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can.
    • The zone
    • Awards
« Reply #61 on: July 12, 2019, 09:00:15 PM »
Well I for one enjoyed the brightly colored Tsarist Russian interpretation of the final staircase to Dracula's throne room. It was... different.

Offline Super Waffle

• Master Hunter
  • Obliterated CharloNathan and has no regrets
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can.
    • The zone
    • Awards
« Reply #62 on: July 13, 2019, 04:07:23 PM »
Got to the final boss but she has WAY too much HP and she keeps healing her different animal body parts so I can't make any progress.

Offline Jazz Paladin Productions

• Vampire Hunter
  • I was summoned here to pay tribute
    • Jazz Paladin On Facebook
    • Awards
« Reply #63 on: July 13, 2019, 04:55:20 PM »
Nothing a few Ex Potions can't handle. Learn to craft those and buy a few and you're good
Jazzyvania: Symphonies of the Knight now available on CD/ Digital platforms! Groove on!

Offline Gaawa-chan

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork.
    • Awards
« Reply #64 on: July 14, 2019, 01:26:20 AM »
Got to the final boss but she has WAY too much HP and she keeps healing her different animal body parts so I can't make any progress.
Use Summon Hellhound.  If I didn't know any better I'd say that they made an error with the damage on that shard.  Crushes everything.

Offline Dark Nemesis

• Lord of Darkness
  • Master Hunter
  • Peeping your dreams....
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #65 on: July 14, 2019, 01:39:07 AM »
You need to focus on the one she is, don't hit random, most of the attacks are easy to dodge. Beat her on lv49. For health replenish, try to cook as many dishes you can and potions. Also axe throwing, can do some decent damage.
Ruler of Chaos

Offline VladOfWallachia

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Carpathian Night
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #66 on: July 14, 2019, 10:46:32 AM »
For the final boss, I used the Millionaire shard and got the three watermelon slots. There was a flood of 127 damage hit markers everywhere, I'm sure that attack must have done a couple thousand damage. However, I had that shard maxed out so I get the watermelon slots fairly often.

The fight ended shortly after.

Offline Aridale

• Master Hunter
  • =D
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
« Reply #67 on: July 14, 2019, 12:27:17 PM »
I did it on normal mode with the crissaegrim lol. On hard mode I used the "inescapable" gun with about 700 atk power

Offline AlexCalvo

• The man.
  • Legendary Hunter
  • No longer a jerk, but still wonderful.
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #68 on: July 14, 2019, 03:59:30 PM »
Riga storaema + heretical grinder + fairy familiar loaded with healing items.  Last boss is cake.
https://www.fanfiction.net/s/13104670/1/Castlevania-Birth-of-the-Dragon

Dracula was not always a monster. He was once a man named Mathias Cronqvist. A flawed, conflicted, genius of a man. How did the educated, aristocratic, crusader who piously served the church become a vampire, and eventually the Dark Lord himself, the opposing force to God? From a very young age terrors and tragedy shaped the man into the king of all evil. This is his story.

Offline GuyStarwind

• Lawful Good
  • Master Hunter
  • Shahrukh Khan is the greatest actor out there
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Crappy Brown Jacket Films
    • Awards
« Reply #69 on: July 17, 2019, 01:18:11 AM »
Ok I need some help. I just beat 8 bit nightmare (though not sure what it does.).
(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 17, 2019, 01:25:48 AM by GuyStarwind »

Offline Gaawa-chan

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork.
    • Awards
« Reply #70 on: July 17, 2019, 03:11:06 AM »
Ok I need some help. I just beat 8 bit nightmare (though not sure what it does.).
(click to show/hide)
(click to show/hide)

Name the last thing on that list that you acquired and we can tell you where you need to go next.  That said, I'm willing to bet that you're missing:
(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 17, 2019, 03:15:13 AM by Gaawa-chan »

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #71 on: July 17, 2019, 08:56:28 AM »
(click to show/hide)

Name the last thing on that list that you acquired and we can tell you where you need to go next.  That said, I'm willing to bet that you're missing:
(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)
Jazzyvania: Symphonies of the Knight now available on CD/ Digital platforms! Groove on!

Offline GuyStarwind

• Lawful Good
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #72 on: July 17, 2019, 09:04:09 AM »
(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)
(click to show/hide)

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #73 on: July 17, 2019, 10:11:10 AM »
(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

Offline GuyStarwind

• Lawful Good
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #74 on: July 17, 2019, 01:30:48 PM »
Ok that pointed me in the right direction. Thanks everyone.

Tags: