Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: The Art of Castlevania - Lords of Shadow  (Read 3616 times)

Offline Thomas Belmont

• Legendary
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« on: November 04, 2013, 03:02:11 PM »
I don't know if this has already been posted or not, I didn't see a thread made about it and I've been staying away from the Lords of Shadow 2 threads to avoid potential spoilers, so in case it hasn't, I figured I'd give everybody who's interested a heads up. A new book containing art work from the Lords of Shadow series is going to be released in February of next year and is available for pre-order. It's called "The Art of Castlevania - Lords of Shadow." Here's a link:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1781168954/ref=oh_details_o06_s02_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
Re: The Art of Castlevania - Lords of Shadow
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2013, 07:34:01 PM »
This has been up for a while. I was gonna preorder it back in September.

I don't recall where I heard from, probably WAS a mention in the LoS2 thread... But nobody really talked about it and it sort of slipped away.
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2013, 08:52:42 AM »
I had no idea about this. I will definitely be buying this, glad they're releasing an artbook. I don't think the series has ever had a major artbook published in the states before.

Offline TatteredSeraph

• Queen of the Damned
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2013, 09:13:58 AM »
I'll also be getting this.  Like Flame, I also saw it a while back on Amazon, and had been tempted to pre-order it then.  Heck, I've pre-ordered the Dracula's Tomb edition of LoS2 mainly for the artbook.  Shame that there won't be an Alucard figurine included.
(click to show/hide)
  One of the things which MS have definitely done well is the artwork for these games.

While I don't know of a specific full artbook for the main timeline, aside for the little ones which have come with the games (such as the SotN mini manga, and the POR 20th anniversary special edition), Ayami Kojima's artbook Santa Lilio Sangre has a good sized collection of CV artwork from her days on the series.  If you like her work, the book is well worth it.

Spoiler for potential theory.
"Blood is Family. Blood is Power. Blood is Everything"

Offline TatteredSeraph

• Queen of the Damned
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2014, 10:37:35 AM »
https://forbiddenplanet.com/115097-castlevania-art-of-castlevania-lords-of-shadow-limited-edition-hardback/

A limited, signed edition of the art book has been announced on Cox's Twitter earlier today.  Apparently, it's limited to just 500 copies worldwide. 
"Blood is Family. Blood is Power. Blood is Everything"

Tags: