Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: I choked. But can you blame me?  (Read 3201 times)

Offline TheouAegis

• Amateur Auteur of GMvania
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • GMvania Developer's Blog
    • Awards
« on: April 06, 2012, 12:43:39 AM »
Went bowling tonight. I've gone bowling something like only 8 or 9 or 10 times in my life, all just recently. No formal or informal training of any kind.

Tonight I bowled a turkey. Choked on the 8th frame for a gutterball following a spare (then picked up 9 on the frame for a decent recovery) and a 1-- on the last frame (and I assure you the profanities and cries of agony were echoing through the alley tonight). Ended at 156 points and lost my voice.

Fuck yeah. What a rush! Coors Light is my bitch beer of choice now.
Your mom has had more floppies put in her than a Commodore 64!

Follow my lack of progress on my game at my blog:
http://gmvania.blogspot.com

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2012, 06:11:15 AM »
Nice job!
However, people need to pay me to get me to drink Coors Light. :P
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline Gunlord

• Wandering Mendicant
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Meow.
  • Awards Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • My blog
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2012, 08:48:36 AM »
Coors...you know, a friend of mine did a paper on Coors a while ago. :o Did you know they used to be a pretty raciss company back in the 70s before strikes and stuff made them more progressive? :O

Check me out at gunlord500.wordpress.com!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phhCrFZek44

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2012, 09:43:38 AM »
So you messed up in bowling. It happens cause you're only human and humans make mistakes  :) Lord knows I'd never get a perfect score no-matter what I do. However I wouldn't pick up a beer because of it, but of course that's just me.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Mooning Freddy

• The scent of my butt will set your soul wandering for eternity!
  • Master Hunter
  • I simply love children.
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2012, 02:17:43 PM »
I have no idea what I just read

Seriously though, last time I played bowling I really got bored. Personally, I felt like the game was too easy. I scored 4 or 5 strikes, some of them in a row. And I only played the game like... 3 times in my life. Sure, if you're left with two pins far away from each other it's not as simple. But if you have a stiff arm and sharp eye I see no reason why you wouldn't get constant strikes.
Beer, now that's a different story. Hell yeah, completely different story.
Oh, and don't play wii sports when drunk. Drunken wii = severe injuries and / or damage to surrounding area.
"Yes, I am on a drug. It's called Charlie Sheen. It's not available, because if you try it you will die. Your face will melt off and your children will weep over your exploded body."
~Charlie Sheen

Offline Bloodreign

• Old school and nothing but old school
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • The Best
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2012, 04:04:35 PM »
Coors Light, more like Coors water. No thanks I'll stick to vodka as I don't bowl, I either get a ball I can hold that has finger holes too small, or one that makes me feel uncomfortable but has bigger holes for my fingers.

Offline Kale

• The Ophidian Lord
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2012, 04:30:13 PM »
Coors...you know, a friend of mine did a paper on Coors a while ago. :o Did you know they used to be a pretty raciss company back in the 70s before strikes and stuff made them more progressive? :O

>.> So? Did you know the catholic church used to sell indulgences? Not saying you, since I doubt you mean it in any controversial way, but this is one problem people have, mainly blacks, is that they bring up the past that they probably weren't even involved in as something to be defensive about. It's one of many reason racism is still around...

By the way, congrats on 156. I don't really play bowling either. But I think I managed something of that caliber once or twice... I think. I don't really remember but I know I got more than 100 a number of times. Woot!

Offline Gunlord

• Wandering Mendicant
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Meow.
  • Awards Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • My blog
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2012, 03:36:11 AM »
Well, it's just an interesting tidbit of history and my friend did a very good paper on it, Kale. That's all I meant ^^

Check me out at gunlord500.wordpress.com!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phhCrFZek44

Offline JR

• Home Gym Rat
  • Master Hunter
  • That Star Wars will make a million bucks someday.
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2012, 04:34:13 AM »
I suck at bowling. I throw in a straight line, and can't put any curve into it at all.

Thinking of the bowling alley makes me nostalgic for some arcade games.
It's like Who Wants to Be a Millionaire, but instead it's Who Wants Fried Chicken? I do.

Offline Kale

• The Ophidian Lord
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2012, 07:26:31 AM »
Well, it's just an interesting tidbit of history and my friend did a very good paper on it, Kale. That's all I meant ^^

Oh, I figured that. That's why I said, not saying you. But I'm sure someone out there will take such information into account. People are beyond stupid sometimes.

Curving the ball is actually pretty easy JR. Just flick it at release. The problem is getting the right amount of curving down. I tend to throw straights too, less effort and less wearing down on your fingers. And the chances are (my chances anyway) that if I was to get a strike, it would be the same regardless. lol.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2012, 10:06:47 AM »
I suck at bowling. I throw in a straight line, and can't put any curve into it at all.

That's okay dude, I can't spin the ball either. Instead what you should do is turn your disadvantage into an advantage. You throw straight? Aim straight for the center-most pin and let'er rip. You're almost guaranteed to get a strike every time. This is pretty much how I play it and it seems to work well  :)
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline TheouAegis

• Amateur Auteur of GMvania
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • GMvania Developer's Blog
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2012, 05:45:37 PM »
Doesn't work for me. STupid ball always veers left or right no matter how hard I try. I even bowl with my middle finger out and use it as a guide. Sometimes it works (like when I have 1 pin i need to knock down). Sometimes I'll bowl "straight" and twist my wrist/arm to the right slightly, making the ball still go straight but with a bit of counterspin to it, which often, though not always, helps me get a strike.

And no, i didn't drink Coors the whole time. Usually I'll go with Bud (not Light) but that night I went with Red Hook, Scuttlebutt, Men's Room, and Widmer Bros. Hef before I got to the Coors Light. The Coor's Light was just for that last set.
Your mom has had more floppies put in her than a Commodore 64!

Follow my lack of progress on my game at my blog:
http://gmvania.blogspot.com

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2012, 08:17:33 PM »
Usually I'll go with Bud (not Light) but that night I went with Red Hook, Scuttlebutt, Men's Room, and Widmer Bros. Hef before I got to the Coors Light. The Coor's Light was just for that last set.

My brother can sympathize with you on this. Then of course he pays for it afterwards ;D

Tags: