Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: What game(s) have you been playing lately?  (Read 593703 times)

Offline Gecko

• King for 1,000 Years on Occasion Avenue
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
Re: What game(s) have you been playing lately?
« Reply #180 on: July 22, 2012, 09:00:03 PM »
I've started playing Fallout: New Vegas. I got it on sale for $5 off Steam, but since it's on my PC, it's not quite as nice as the console version would be, graphically or framerate-wise. It plays just fine though, and I'm really enjoying it. In the future, whenever I have a more powerful computer, I'm sure it'll look much nicer. I'm readjusting to my old PC first-person games control setup(mouse and keyboard).
------------
Return to CastleVania

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Vampire Killer (MSX)
« Reply #181 on: July 23, 2012, 11:03:26 AM »
Got my limited edition white PSP-2000 on friday. Currently, playing Dracula X Chronicles, Wild ARMs XF, FF4 Complete Collection, & Tactics Ogre.
"Stuff and things."

Offline Aridale

• Master Hunter
  • =D
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
« Reply #182 on: July 23, 2012, 11:29:51 AM »
+1
you can use a 360 controller with new vegas and skyrim. Plays just like the console versions

I got a pspgo a few weeks ago. I was usin my old silver psp but its battery... area... is completely dead. It turns off immediately if you unplug it from the charger regardless of the battery. It still worked fine I just couldnt move it around much lol. So I got a go and it was easier to cfw than my other one. It was a pain in the ass to get remotejoylite workin tho.

Ive played like 50 hours in monster hunter on it in the last few weeks tho. Got kinda burnt out on freedom unite and started playin portable 3rd but havent had a chance to go back to it yet. /shakes fist at gta 4 steam sale

I got the ff4 complete too and Im really not lookin forward to startin it cause I might not be able to stop lol

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #183 on: July 24, 2012, 09:37:35 AM »
I got the ff4 complete too and Im really not lookin forward to startin it cause I might not be able to stop lol

LOL. Same thing crossed my mind when I got my 2000. I've also got a huge back log of PSP games I haven't even tried out yet. :P
"Stuff and things."

Offline Gecko

• Vampire Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #184 on: July 24, 2012, 12:23:11 PM »
you can use a 360 controller with new vegas and skyrim. Plays just like the console versions

True, but I actually do like the mouse/keyboard setup.

I'm really enjoying the game. I'm actually pleasantly surprised that although it has the same basic engine as Fallout 3, it feels more like I'm in the world of Fallout 1 and 2. The soundtrack is very complimentary to the game's atmosphere as well.
------------
Return to CastleVania

Offline thernz

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #185 on: July 24, 2012, 02:30:33 PM »
iirc New Vegas was actually outsourced to a team that comprises of many of Fallout 1 and 2's members.

Offline Mooning Freddy

• The scent of my butt will set your soul wandering for eternity!
  • Master Hunter
  • I simply love children.
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #186 on: July 26, 2012, 02:07:26 PM »
Playing Desperados right now. It's back to that good-old commandos-style tactical real time strategy. Not everybody likes that kind of game but I think it's great. There should've been more like it.
"Yes, I am on a drug. It's called Charlie Sheen. It's not available, because if you try it you will die. Your face will melt off and your children will weep over your exploded body."
~Charlie Sheen

Offline Profbeanburrito

• Vampire Killer
  • Master Hunter
  • The Mask is a powerful device...
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #187 on: July 26, 2012, 07:00:35 PM »
Well I just finished two games this past week. I finally beat Crystalis, which I played when I was younger but my file got messed up, so I was very happy doing that, and it had a great plot and ending so tht was nice.

And the other I finally beat, and people probably thinks its crazy that I've never done this before, was Zelda Ocarina of Time, the 3DS version, but I've never done it before so I was happy I did.

Not sure what I want to play next, I have Zoda's Revenge and I've been itching to play Final Fantasy tactics again, so I'll probably download that on my iPad
What a horrible night to have a curse!

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
  • Not going to lie I love blue haired anime chicks
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • Awards
« Reply #188 on: July 27, 2012, 01:17:46 AM »
I am at the final battle with Alexei or however you spell his name in Vesperia so close to beating it I can feel my hands going like yeah it's time to beat an rpg.
(click to show/hide)
Come on now this was going to happen eventually  :P

Offline Ratty

• A Little Pile of Secrets
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Tea. Earl Grey. Hot.
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Other (?)
« Reply #189 on: July 28, 2012, 02:11:29 PM »
Got "Jade Empire" on the daily deal a few days ago. Been playing that, tons of fun even if the 3rd party company hired to port it to the PC did a shite job. I've got some annoying graphical glitches and you have to go into the .ini to remove the 30 FPS cap, which causes some people additional problems, and I've heard the gamepad mapping is bad. Still, vintage Bioware before they literally sold out to EA. Good writing and voice acting, interesting setting with nice graphics.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2012, 02:15:40 PM by Ratty »

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
    • Awards
« Reply #190 on: July 30, 2012, 10:06:21 AM »
I got a 16GB sd card for my Wii... but it wasn't compatible. So I decided to put it to use on my DS... holy shit. I now have every DS game I ever wanted on the damn thing, so I'm playing a little bit of everything from the DS library.
"Stuff and things."

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
  • Not going to lie I love blue haired anime chicks
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • Awards
« Reply #191 on: July 30, 2012, 05:05:15 PM »
Thought I beat Vesperia, but after beating him the game juts took a turn for the worst. A power that can destroy the world. That was worst than Alexei
(click to show/hide)
Come on now this was going to happen eventually  :P

Offline JR

• Home Gym Rat
  • Master Hunter
  • That Star Wars will make a million bucks someday.
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #192 on: July 31, 2012, 12:33:14 PM »
Just finished Army of Two with my girlfriend this past weekend. It was okay, I guess.

Just started playing Oblivion. I can tell I'll be spending a lot of time on this one. I have at least 10 hours in it and I haven't even done a main storyline quest yet.

I also get to play the Japanese Castlevanias for Famicom, Getsu Fuma Den, and Konami Wai Wai World this week.  :D Just gotta go pick up my Twin Famicom from the post office today. I just hope it's in working condition!

EDIT: aaaaaaaannnd none of my FDS copies of Simon's Quest will work.  :'(
« Last Edit: July 31, 2012, 01:41:41 PM by JR »
It's like Who Wants to Be a Millionaire, but instead it's Who Wants Fried Chicken? I do.

Offline Gecko

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #193 on: July 31, 2012, 07:11:01 PM »
lol I know this is unpopular on these forums, but I've been playing Halo 3. I've played through Halo 1 and 2, and finished 3 yesterday. I really like this series. I'm looking forward to Halo 4 now!  ;D

The first game was just fantastic. I never had an original Xbox, so I never got what everyone was raving about with Halo. It's solid from start to finish, and just feels great to play. (By the way, I'm only talking about campaigns here. I don't care about online multiplayer so much, though that wouldn't be possible with the first and second games anyway at this point.) The final stage is really satisfying as well.

Halo 2's story set up 3 very well, but as a standalone game just didn't impress me nearly as much as the first game. Probably because it kept switching characters as the stages progressed. I liked both characters, but neither of the stories, though they eventually merged in the end, felt complete like in the first game.

3 balanced the weapons perfectly, and was storywise a very satisfying conclusion to the trilogy. I enjoyed it much more than 2.

I remember when Halo 2 was released, and everyone and their great grandparents wanted to know what I thought of the damn "Flood level". That game just did not live up to the insane amount of hype it received. I do think Halo 3 did though. I was very impressed. Hopefully, 4 will be equally satisfying.
------------
Return to CastleVania

Offline Ratty

• A Little Pile of Secrets
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Tea. Earl Grey. Hot.
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Other (?)
« Reply #194 on: August 05, 2012, 04:50:16 AM »
Well I finally beat Jade Empire, good stuff. As with all Bioware games I've played I turned the combat down to easy to get on with the story, so that aspect of the game got pretty boring. I think with the somewhat crippled translation to PC though the combat would not have been less tedious on normal or hard, just frustrating on top of the tedium.
The game can't really stand up to Mass Effect 1 and 2 but at least Jade Empire doesn't have one of the most disappointing and unsatisfying endings in recent fiction. A good break from the standard fantasy setting if you like cRPGs, though as always I'd recommend "Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines" first for that, if indeed not for cRPGs overall.

Not sure what I'll play now, looking forward to giving "Orcs Must Die! 2" a spin in co-op. Also been eyeing "Akuji: The Heartless", that game has been sitting on my shelf a long time. And considering the bad undead voodoo brother in it is played by none other than Shaft himself (Richard Roundtree) it probably deserves better.

PS - also been playing CSS:Zombie Hell and Dungeon Defenders, but then I usually am.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2012, 05:03:53 AM by Ratty »

Tags: