Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: What game(s) have you been playing lately?  (Read 586801 times)

Offline TheCruelAngel

• Sportin' Boxes since 1998
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
Re: What game(s) have you been playing lately?
« Reply #435 on: February 06, 2013, 01:20:54 PM »

8) Yeah, lovin' this game!

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
  • Not going to lie I love blue haired anime chicks
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #436 on: February 06, 2013, 09:40:26 PM »

8) Yeah, lovin' this game!

Your not the only one Lisa is my wife now she's perky (S support all the way) not only that but I recruited Serra and Pr. marth as well, hector is only a matter of time as well I am also hoping to recruit lilina as well if it's possible 8)

Cruel how difficult was it for you to get?
(click to show/hide)
Come on now this was going to happen eventually  :P

Offline TheCruelAngel

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
« Reply #437 on: February 07, 2013, 08:21:20 AM »
Umm...I had someone on the inside get me a copy... c_c;;

(click to show/hide)

Sounds like you're a lot farther a long in the game than I am. I've just been slowly plucking away at missions now and then. Playing it in Classic mode because FIRE EMBLEM. :D

Offline son_the_vampire

• Chilly Lemonade
  • Legendary Hunter
  • I see you over there.. Yeah you
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Chronicles: Akumajo Dracula (X68k/PS1)
« Reply #438 on: February 07, 2013, 09:25:40 AM »
just hooked up my ps2 to grind on my Legend of Dragoon. WILL THERE EVER BE A SEQUEL??? I heard i got cancelled but they were gonna make one  :(
Twitch.tv/TrippyLemonss

Offline JR

• Home Gym Rat
  • Master Hunter
  • That Star Wars will make a million bucks someday.
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #439 on: February 13, 2013, 07:23:18 AM »
Believe me my friend, Dark Souls is far more easier than Demon's Souls, you'll understand what i mean, when you get far on the game. ;)

Actually I'm finding Demon's Souls to be easier for me (especially taking the Dark Souls DLC into account), but that's probably because I used the royalty class in the first game.  :-[

But that's also one of the things I love about the Souls games: there are so many varying levels of difficulty between players depending on how their characters are built. Like how lots of people had trouble with Ornstein and Smough, and I beat them with relative ease, and without power-leveling (and I'm not a master of the game by any means). But at the same time how I seriously struggled in places that were generally considered somewhat easy, like Tomb of the Giants.

I absolutely love the Souls games.  :)
It's like Who Wants to Be a Millionaire, but instead it's Who Wants Fried Chicken? I do.

Offline KaZudra

• Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-04-Story Contest - 2nd Place Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #440 on: February 14, 2013, 04:09:56 PM »
Deus Ex, someone talked about it and y'know....

"I ain't gonna let it get to me I'm just gonna let it get to me" -Knuckles

Offline GuyStarwind

• Lawful Good
  • Master Hunter
  • Shahrukh Khan is the greatest actor out there
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Crappy Brown Jacket Films
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #441 on: February 14, 2013, 07:52:04 PM »
Fire Emblem

Offline TheCruelAngel

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #442 on: February 16, 2013, 01:22:40 AM »
Deus Ex, someone talked about it and y'know....

Yup...

Offline Laina

• F.A.N.G. stands for “fucking awful, not great”, babe - me to UZO on SFV
  • RetroDungeonite
  • Legendary Hunter
  • 大丈夫だよ!
  • Awards Lurker: Spies on from afar, rarely interacting with the general populace. Seeks to keep games/fandoms free of any changes they deem Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
« Reply #443 on: February 16, 2013, 07:25:30 AM »
I just now got around to playing The Walking Dead (iOS version). My entire life is a Slowpoke meme...
Groove is in the heart.

Offline Ratty

• A Little Pile of Secrets
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Tea. Earl Grey. Hot.
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Other (?)
« Reply #444 on: February 16, 2013, 11:00:39 AM »
+1
Gotta step in and recommend Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines to anyone who likes Deus Ex again. A Deus Ex clone so good that even though the developer was forced to release an extremely buggy and somewhat incomplete* version of the game (since fixed in fan patches) it still got a solid 80 on metacritic because it's just that damn good.

*The last 1/3rd of the game can not be completed with levels in diplomacy alone so there's not a proper "pacifist route".
« Last Edit: February 16, 2013, 11:02:45 AM by Ratty »

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Swankster's Backloggery
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« Reply #445 on: February 16, 2013, 11:45:26 AM »
+1
Playing through Mega Man Legends for the first time. Pretty dang good s'far.

I've got MML2 to do when I'm finished; I bought that for $12 new over a decade ago so I don't have to pay today's absurd asking price. :p
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline Kale

• The Ophidian Lord
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #446 on: February 16, 2013, 02:27:06 PM »
Gotta step in and recommend Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines to anyone who likes Deus Ex again. A Deus Ex clone so good that even though the developer was forced to release an extremely buggy and somewhat incomplete* version of the game (since fixed in fan patches) it still got a solid 80 on metacritic because it's just that damn good.

*The last 1/3rd of the game can not be completed with levels in diplomacy alone so there's not a proper "pacifist route".

Ugh... having never played Deus Ex, and absolutely loving VTM:B I have to sort of be annoyed to the word "Clone" there. How similar are they, really? for you to use the word clone.

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #447 on: February 16, 2013, 03:02:11 PM »
Playing through Mega Man Legends for the first time. Pretty dang good s'far.

I've got MML2 to do when I'm finished; I bought that for $12 new over a decade ago so I don't have to pay today's absurd asking price. :p

I finished both these games recently as well. I'm thinking about getting MisAdventures of Tron Bonne but that game's fucking expensive. Capcom definately should've made Legends 3 using the Lost Planet engine, that would've looked amazing!

Offline Gecko

• King for 1,000 Years on Occasion Avenue
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #448 on: February 16, 2013, 06:28:31 PM »
Been playing a LOT of Castlevania: Lords of Shadow, obviously in preparation for the upcoming half-sequel. I have never been more serious about completing those damn stage trials in my life. I'm good enough at combat now though that I can pretty much play comfortably on any difficulty. I've been at mostly just this game for over a month now, after deleting my original data to start fresh. Now I've unlocked more than I ever did on my original file.
------------
Return to CastleVania

Offline Ratty

• A Little Pile of Secrets
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Tea. Earl Grey. Hot.
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Other (?)
« Reply #449 on: February 16, 2013, 08:02:49 PM »
Ugh... having never played Deus Ex, and absolutely loving VTM:B I have to sort of be annoyed to the word "Clone" there. How similar are they, really? for you to use the word clone.

They're mechanically similar as far as I can tell - the leveling system, different factions you can join and a changing story based on how you complete objectives. As for any possible broad story similarities I can't comment because (despite having it on steam a couple years now) I've never gotten that far in Deus Ex because quite honestly it feels like a big step backward after VTM:B lol.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2013, 08:11:44 PM by Ratty »

Tags: