Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: WALLACHIA: REIGN OF DRACULA  (Read 72667 times)

Offline Migami Games

• http://the-mig-page.wifeo.com/
  • Vampire Hunter
  • https://twitter.com/migami_games
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Other (?)
« on: February 04, 2018, 08:38:44 AM »
+1
Hello everyone!

We are pleased to officially announce Wallachia Reign of Dracula here on the Castlevania Dungeon!

Wallachia Reign of Dracula is an original game made by Mig Perez and Jeffrey Montoya (the creators of Castlevania The Lecarde Chronicles 2). It is a linear action/shooter game based around the history of Vlad the Impaler. The game is inspired by classic games like Castlevania and Contra but also has unique features such as the ability to call on allies for support.

The story has been written by Jeffrey Montoya, Alan C. Baird, and Mig Perez. Alan is an author and screen play writer and acted as a guest writer for us. He has written a screen play about Dracula called Vlad the Impaler: Son of Dracul.

The graphics and programming are being created by Mig Perez and the soundtrack is being composed by Jeffrey Montoya. The logo, along with promotional artwork that has been posted on our social media has been created by Nell Fallcard. We are also working once again with contributors who helped us with different things for Castlevania The Lecarde Chronicles 2. We will announce who they are and what they are helping with on this thread in the future.

We are also bringing back much of the voice acting talent from Castlevania The Lecarde Chronicles 2! Kira Buckland is voicing our main character, Elcin Floarea and Robert Belgrade will be voicing Dracula's brother, Radu Cel Frumos.

This will be our first salable game, and we hope to release it before the end of 2018. We appreciate all of the support we were given with our last project and we look forward to sharing more about Wallachia Reign of Dracula with you all!

Please follow us on social media!

https://www.facebook.com/MigamiGames

https://twitter.com/migami_games

Here is some info about the game.

Here are some screen shots of the game!

« Last Edit: December 20, 2019, 12:46:13 PM by Migami Games »

Offline Zuljaras

• Castletoria (Game Project)
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Castle Builder!!!
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2018, 08:51:09 AM »
The game looks good!

As for the gameplay I am sceptical :( I just don't know if Contra and Castlevania could be merged together.

I hope I am wrong!

Good luck!
Check out my game Castletoria in our forum ->> http://castlevaniadungeon.net/forums/index.php?topic=5631.0

Offline aensland

• Vampire Hunter
  • Awards 2018-06 Music Concert 1st Place 2017-02-Music Contest 1st Place
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2018, 11:02:47 AM »
I hope it features graveyard or eerie levels, Mig is a genius for these kind of environments.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2018, 11:21:37 AM »
A lot's got done to make those juicy screens! It no longer looks like the game screens you had shown us long ago. Congratz you guys  :)
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline BLOOD MONKEY

• rrrrrrrrrrrrr
  • Master Hunter
  • BEWARE, I LIVE
  • Awards May 2017 Sprite Contest Second Place 2015-02-Sprite Contest 1st Place
    • twitter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2018, 11:45:46 AM »
Looks interesting.

Seems difficult to discern between what's background and forerground, especially in the village area.
UPON THE COMPLETION OF ITS STATEMENT, THE BLOOD MONKEY LEAPS TOWARDS YOU, BARING TEETH. IT IS TOO LATE FOR YOU.

Offline Gunlord

• Wandering Mendicant
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Meow.
  • Awards Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • My blog
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2018, 05:00:52 PM »
Very cool! :D

Check me out at gunlord500.wordpress.com!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phhCrFZek44

Offline Sinis

• Vampire Hunter
  • How Do I Get the IV Upgrade?
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2018, 09:15:16 AM »
I'll definitely keep an eye on this :)

Offline Zydalc

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
Re: WALLACHIA REIGN OF DRACULA
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2018, 09:19:17 AM »
Let me guess this game is a prequel to Castlevania?

Also to be honest I don't think I really like the main character's outfit, too sexualized for my tastes.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2018, 09:46:36 AM »
If I'm correct in my assumption, this game has nothing to do with Castlevania. It's its own thing. As for armour preferences I don't see anything wrong with it. The game is a work of fiction therefore certain liberties can be taken if the designers want to. Besides there are other games out there that have women fighters with way more exposure happening then what we see in the screens above.
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline VladOfWallachia

• Vampire Hunter
    • Carpathian Night
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2018, 10:05:53 AM »
I'm interested in seeing what the gameplay will look like, as its described as a combination of Contra and Castlevania. I hope there's a gameplay video coming soon!

Offline theplottwist

• Canon Literalist
  • Master Hunter
  • プロットツイスト君
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place 2017-07-Sprite Contest 2nd PLace 2016-09-Sprite Contest First Place 2015 - Christmas Award First Place 2015 - Halloween Sprite Contest - Second Place
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2018, 11:34:58 AM »
Let me guess this game is a prequel to Castlevania?

Nah no connection. It has Vlad Tepes in it, but that's about it.
The mastermind behind the "Umbra of Sorrow" project. But not the only one.

Offline FanOfDracula

• Vampire Hunter
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2016-02 Sprite Contest 3rd Place
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2018, 12:27:55 PM »
hey this project looks great  ;) congratulations man! i can no wait for playing and the voice of robert belgrade is so very cool!

Offline Castle34hk

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2018, 01:01:35 PM »
Yes it looks good and thnxs for this screens man cant wait for this good work keep the good work up like the sky;)

Offline Migami Games

• http://the-mig-page.wifeo.com/
  • Vampire Hunter
  • https://twitter.com/migami_games
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Other (?)
« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2018, 03:19:03 PM »
Hello again everyone!

Thank you for the comments.

Just to be clear again, Wallachia Reign of Dracula is an original game, and has nothing to do with Castlevania. It's understandable that some may be confused by that, as it is a game with Dracula in the title being made by the same people who made Castlevania The Lecarde Chronicles 2. But we want to be very clear about what this game is. There is absolutely no correlation between WROD and CV. And with that fact in mind, we hope that players will be open minded to try something that will look, play, and sound different from our last game. The freedom to create something fresh and new, with no baggage attached to it is very exciting and fun for us.  :)

With that, we would like to share these character profile cards that feature the artwork of Nell Fallcard. By reading these cards you may gather more of the story of Wallachia Reign of Dracula!

Thank you! We look forward to sharing more with you all in the future!

« Last Edit: February 05, 2018, 03:24:00 PM by Migami Games »

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2018, 06:31:28 PM »
I like the art-style used for the portraits. Reminds me of Order of Ecclasia.

Tags:

anything