Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: No$GBA  (Read 4853 times)

Offline Dark Nemesis

• Lord of Darkness
  • Master Hunter
  • Peeping your dreams....
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« on: July 24, 2008, 04:02:13 AM »
Does anyone know this emulator? It's latest build, is running almost every DS game with perfect speed and sound. The only negative is that you can't make snapshots or at least i don't know how to make and it doesn't have full screen, but still it is bigger than a ds.

If anyone knows something more about him or a good configuration, please let me know. Also i tried to play DoS, but when it comes to the seal drawing, the mouse doesn't suit for this job. Pork play's perfect.
Ruler of Chaos

Offline Clara E. Leet

• Legendary Hunter
  • It's still Maridia
    • My Deviantart
    • Awards
Re: No$GBA
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2008, 10:34:16 AM »
This is where a wacom comes into play as far as the touchscreen emulation goes :D

NOTE: Seriously, if you're at all interested in graphics, sprite work, handwriting onscreen, etc, a Wacom is a good investment. The Bamboo Fun is $100 for the small tablet, which is a great size for most screens. But I digress.

I haven't fussed with any emulators aside from GBA, SNES, and Genesis, so I wouldn't really know.

As for snapshots, have you tried the "PrtScn" button on your keyboard? It's right up next to the function keys. Hit that button, and then Ctrl+v (paste) into your favorite viewing program of choice, like Paint, Photoshop, or Irfanview

Offline MDI

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2008, 10:37:00 AM »

As for snapshots, have you tried the "PrtScn" button on your keyboard? It's right up next to the function keys. Hit that button, and then Ctrl+v (paste) into your favorite viewing program of choice, like Paint, Photoshop, or Irfanview

I'm sure he knows about Print Screen..I mean..who doesn't by now? I think he was referring to taking a screenshot and having it automatically save into a specified folder on it's own, like most emulators.

But wow Dark Nemesis..you got PoR working perfectly? It lags a bit every now and then for me. The only game I got working 100% perfectly is Megaman ZX.
:)

Offline A n t r a x x

• ~ GamersMark EIC ~
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2008, 02:21:06 PM »
WACOM is the god of user interface with a computer when you can't use the mouse.

And yeah it's perfect for this sort of thing.

Don't buy APTEC though >:(

BARF on them.

"Observe their fates and learn well."

Offline Ed Oscuro

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2008, 06:09:31 PM »
Better yet, did you know Alt+PrtScrn takes a nice image of only the active window your pointer is over? Eliminates the need to crop many images.

Offline Dark Nemesis

• Lord of Darkness
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2008, 12:59:29 AM »
Thanks for the info. I have version 2.6A of no$gba. Also Michael David Ivanoff it might be because you have a slow computer? What are the specifications of your computer?

Here is a strip of screenshots!!

« Last Edit: July 25, 2008, 02:35:43 AM by Dark Nemesis »
Ruler of Chaos

Offline thernz

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2008, 10:16:01 AM »
Arghh! The memories.

j/k

Offline gravekeeper

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2008, 03:33:47 AM »
In Reply To #1

Am I suppose to change any specific settings in the emulator? Because when I start the emulator and load PoR it says "Data loading failed. Please turn power off and reinsert the Game Card"

Offline Dark Nemesis

• Lord of Darkness
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2008, 06:05:16 AM »
In Reply To #8

You probably have an old version of the emulator. Try and find to download the 2.6A version.
Ruler of Chaos

Offline gravekeeper

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2008, 09:06:14 AM »
Oh thanks a lot! I got it working now.
It is indeed extremely annoying that you can't get the display any bigger xP

Offline Mr Sven

• Did Blow up Megaton City - Dirty Ghouls!
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2008, 01:04:41 PM »
is there a compatability list for this emulator somewhere?

I havent looked into any new emulation for a while cause Megadrive/Snes and GBA all seemed to be at peak performance a while ago.... I know MAME is constantly updating but i'm too lazy to check that often
Legio XIII

<-------- It's mee!

Offline Dark Nemesis

• Lord of Darkness
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2008, 01:18:18 AM »
In Reply To #11

The only thing about compatability of this emulator for DS games is from the official site and it say's that it runs 95% of games.
Ruler of Chaos

Tags:

anything