Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: What enemy would you like to see added or improved?  (Read 28078 times)

Offline DragonSlayr81

• The Beast Inside
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
Re: What enemy would you like to see added or improved?
« Reply #30 on: August 09, 2012, 12:56:05 AM »
You forgot about Count Graf Orlok. While Olrox was based off him, to me it's just not the same. We need the REAL Orlok in CV this time around.
I still see Olrox and Orlok as being one in the same. It's, if you will, CV's "bastardization"(not in a negative sense, though). It's similar to Elizabeth Bartley. Elizabeth Bathory, in the CV universe, IS Elizabeth Bartley. Orlok in the CV universe is Olrox. Besides, I wouldn't want Orlok to be separate. It's too little too late to do that(unless the retcon the name "Olrox", which I believe they keep out of tradition, just like how the West hasn't changed Trevor back to Ralph). If that was the case, there'd be three gaunt, bald vampmires in the CV series. It's bad enough that Brauner stole his look(I would've preferred Brauner to look unique), but add the REAL Orlok on top of Orlox and Brauner, triple, lanky chromedome-headed vampires.

Offline Havatchu

• Beau Shion
  • Hunter in Training
  • Gaze Upon Me Hypocrite
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow (PS3/X360)
« Reply #31 on: August 17, 2012, 11:25:56 PM »
I just like monsters period.

My favorite is Slogra.

I wish they would change the spelling to Slorgas for some reason. :-\
Reluctant fighting game, Mega Man/X, Dragon Quest, and Castlevania lifelong fan.

What do I do with all these Belmonts?

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« Reply #32 on: August 26, 2012, 01:49:42 PM »
They should add a Giant Fleaman/Hunchback as a boss....
(click to show/hide)
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
« Reply #33 on: September 01, 2012, 02:43:03 AM »
Slenderman.

lol

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Vampire Killer (MSX)
« Reply #34 on: September 04, 2012, 12:41:09 AM »
If they set a Castlevania in the 1930'3 I would totally insist on Slenderman style wierdos be in it. And some more Lovecraftian monsters too.

I always though a proper remake of CV1 should have added two bosses, The Creature from the Black Lagoon and Wolf-man. Only then would the game's nod to classic horror monsters be truly complete.
Oh and for the sake of the argument I'd reorder the bosses like this:

Stage 0 - Wolf-man (I always thought they should expand the main courtyard into it's own stage.)
Stage 1 - Phantom Bat
Stage 2 - Medusa
Stage 3 - The Mummies
Stage 4 - The Creature (from the Black Lagoon)
Stage 5 - The Monster & Igor
Stage 6 - Death (This would be the Clocktower as it's own expanded stage)
Stage 7 - Dracula (And this would be the Castle Keep from Vampire Killer which is bigger than in CV1)

Wolf-man would have to be rather simple as a first stage boss, and I'd make Phantom Bat harder to compensate.
The Creature, now taking up residence in the Monster's old room, could have water added to the bottom of said room so he can jump in and out of it constantly. That would make him harder to hit and keep the player guessing. He would be harder than the Mummies, but not as insane as The Monster with an immortal Igor.
"Stuff and things."

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #35 on: September 04, 2012, 01:36:59 AM »
So basically you want a merman (a brazilian one, its from amazon lol) with new attacks and different name.
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #36 on: September 04, 2012, 10:35:37 AM »
So basically you want a merman (a brazilian one, its from amazon lol) with new attacks and different name.

CV: HoD actually had a Merman Boss located in the Aqueduct of Dragons. And he pretty much does as what Inccubus describes his attacks to be.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #37 on: September 04, 2012, 03:45:23 PM »
Hell, that's probably where my idea came from subconsciously.
"Stuff and things."

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #38 on: September 04, 2012, 04:53:34 PM »
Thats why I said that, I love HoD and remembered that :p
Now if you wanna go beyond that, his death animation can be something like him drowning on water like in the third movie (I never watched this movies, but wikipedia said that lol)
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
    • Awards
« Reply #39 on: September 05, 2012, 05:10:45 AM »
There's an idea. Death animations based on the actual movies. Nice!
"Stuff and things."

Offline Lashen

• Vampire Hunter
  • ..."Nunchakus."
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Circle of the Moon (GBA)
« Reply #40 on: September 09, 2012, 02:16:02 PM »
Punaguchi's redesign for "Castlevania: The Adventure ReBirth" was certainly not satisfactory.

Edit:

An arm/face monstrosity comprised of brain matter.

A pimple.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2012, 11:02:26 AM by Lashen »
(click to show/hide)

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
    • Awards
« Reply #41 on: September 09, 2012, 04:35:24 PM »
Punaguchi's redesign for "Castlevania: The Adventure ReBirth" was certainly not satisfactory.

The cockatrice's graphics were terrible and seemed out of place. Other than that the rest seemed fine to me. However, some of the sound effects were stock garbage. Especially the sound when you kill a worm. Couldn't be any more cartoony and cliche.
"Stuff and things."

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #42 on: September 09, 2012, 05:32:02 PM »
To me CV:ReBirth seems rushed, with their experience it could be very better, the thing that I dislike in this game is when you dies and there is a blue breakable platform beneath your feet, Christopher disappears in blood but the body still there and the camera follow the invisible body. I like this game and all, but I expected more from this game.
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #43 on: September 15, 2012, 01:28:11 AM »
Universal Monster Family

I want all these from the video that didnt have already been added to CV.
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #44 on: September 15, 2012, 11:21:23 AM »
Dracula's daughter... I had no idea! I sense another CV villein for a future game  :)
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Tags: