Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: The scariest castlevania track of them all?  (Read 12408 times)

Offline VampirehunterB

• Vampire Hunter
  • A Genuine Castlevania fan..
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
The scariest castlevania track of them all?
« on: December 08, 2012, 08:13:04 PM »
Just needed to bring it up..Am I the only one who think that this might be the only official cv track with genuine Horror?

Castlevania: Lament of Innocence Music- Aria of Nightmare

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
Re: The scariest castlevania track of them all?
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2012, 08:47:11 PM »
That track is one of my faves and while it does bring about a feel of horror, I still find this track to be the spookiest one to ever come out of a Castlevania title.

Super Castlevania IV OST: Prologue
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2012, 08:59:38 PM »
This one is pretty creepy too.

Castlevania SOTN: Abandoned Pit

Offline Tanatra

• Everything Burns
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2012, 11:33:04 PM »
Maybe not the scariest, but probably the first track of the series that could be regarded as such:

http://www.chapelofresonance.com/media/rips/draculas-curse/cv3-08.mp3

Also, why isn't this in General Castlevania Discussion?

Offline VampirehunterB

• Vampire Hunter
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2012, 12:20:42 AM »

Also, why isn't this in General Castlevania Discussion?

yeah sorry about that=P

Offline A-Yty

• Your beloved monster
  • Master Hunter
  • Floating Catacomb janitor
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Linnavaanijat
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2012, 12:54:16 AM »
Castlevania Bloodlines (GENESIS) Music - Password Screen

SCVIV's prologue is pretty scary. The "ROWR" sound melts with the intro and it makes me imagine some huge Cthulhu-like creature making a weird sound that is so loud it echoes everywhere. Aria of Nightmare is one of my favorite kind-of-neglected CV tunes. But this one I find the creepiest of all. Too bad it's so short.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2012, 01:00:24 AM by Santa Count »

Offline knightmere

• Lord of The Abyss
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2012, 07:32:08 AM »
+1
Etude For The Killer is creepy. Especially the Chronicles version.

Offline Phoenix7786

• Legendary Hunter
  • Neg on that, Chummer
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2012, 10:09:49 AM »
12/1/12: Nominated for my 1st award! Thanks to all :D

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2012, 10:18:28 AM »
+2
hohoho surprised no one has linked this

Dracula X NitM ost : Chaconne in C Moll

Offline Phoenix7786

• Legendary Hunter
  • Neg on that, Chummer
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2012, 10:50:09 AM »
+1
How the fuck could such an awesome track only exist on the Sega Saturn version that never made it to the U.S.? The people who decided NOT to localize it deserve some piles of rotting turds instead of coals in their stockings!!!!!
12/1/12: Nominated for my 1st award! Thanks to all :D

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2012, 10:54:16 AM »
How the fuck could such an awesome track only exist on the Sega Saturn version that never made it to the U.S.? The people who decided NOT to localize it deserve some piles of rotting turds instead of coals in their stockings!!!!!

Indeed. That tune is an original composition unlike the other two tracks which were remixes. I think this track alone would've been enough of an incentive to put in the Cursed Prison in DXC.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Successor The Cruel

• In brightest day, in blackest night, no evil shall escape my sight. Let those who worship evil's might...
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Beware my Power! Green Lantern's Light!
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Chapel of Resonance
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« Reply #11 on: December 09, 2012, 12:37:20 PM »
I think the track filled with the most terror that I can think of is Curse Zone, from Symphony of the Night:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ucLVBvPoMrw

The spookiest I can think of is Doorway to the Abyss, from Symphony of the Night:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tkn24xqmeSI

Offline A-Yty

• Your beloved monster
  • Master Hunter
  • Floating Catacomb janitor
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Linnavaanijat
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: December 09, 2012, 12:49:24 PM »
Dracula -The First- - Castlevania Curse of Darkness OST

While it gets more dramatic towards the end, the first 30 seconds kind of remind me of the Omen.

Offline VampirehunterB

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: December 09, 2012, 01:23:30 PM »
my God bless you for posting the Chaconne in C Moll, all this time I never heard it, so powerful and beautiful!

Offline Zetheraxza

• Vampire Hunter
  • Romantically Justified...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow (GBA)
« Reply #14 on: December 09, 2012, 08:06:34 PM »
Most of these OSTs are 'cute'. See, Castlevania is not a horror franchise, it's spooky. So it's more of a cliche holloween theme but mature. Castlevania has mostly spooky soundtrack. And even when it has a horror, distorted soundtrack. The visuals in the series contradict it otherwise. But here are a few exceptions...

Etude For The Killer is creepy. Especially the Chronicles version.

This! The backgrounds with corpses hanging, some of them are dismembered by half, one is even skinned. Some corpses are butchered in a lab table. There were demon-babies in jar.
And my favourite, the last part of the stage gives you the sense of freedom as you walk out of those stairs and see beautiful mountains and daylight after the horror you went through... But as you walk, the backgrounds rips, only to find that you were fooled. It was nothing but a mare illusion to break you and give you that false sense of freedom. You're still trapped in hell. If it wasnt for a Belmont, an average person would've screamed in trauma just to find that you aren't free yet...

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=HOLelQ-KC6s

This is pretty good. It gives you that dark ambience and gives you the sense of darkness before you even start the game. It's an ambient soundtrack so it only gives you the sense of horror. There is some vocalist in the background who chants some weird shit...

http://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=plpp&v=Rrp1ftrsq0Q

LoS too, had some soundtracks that were orchestrated to give some genuine sense of horror. This one in perticular did make me feel that you're now venturing off to really hellish ground. But alas, the visuals don't give off anything relatively scary. Castlevania will never be a scary game because as long as you play as superhuman-like warriors, it won't. As you're stronger, you fear less, and that's how the games make you feel. You're now seeing a Zombie right? Whip it, an it's gone. Because you're playing as powerful characters, bunch of zombies and skeletons won't fear you. Now add silent hill characters in the game, and now you can see that Dracula's Castle is a "House of Horror". You'd be a fool if an average human such as yourselves carelessly step foot on his domain...

Tags: