Poll

Who performed the best English voice for Death?

Dennis Falt
0 (0%)
Tom Wyner
1 (50%)
Liam O'Brien
0 (0%)
Travis Willingham
1 (50%)
David Lodge
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 2

Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Favorite Death English voice performance?  (Read 4099 times)

Offline Claimh Solais

• Ronove the Radical
  • Master Hunter
  • GO FIGHT!!
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Claimh Solais
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
Favorite Death English voice performance?
« on: January 11, 2013, 08:37:22 PM »
The Lord of the Necromancers is not Death.  >:(

So, who performed the best, in your opinion, as Dracula's right-hand, Death? And why do you think so?

Dennis Falt = Castlevania: Symphony of the Night
Tom Wyner = Castlevania: Lament of Innocence, Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin
Liam O'Brien = Castlevania: Curse of Darkness
Travis Willingham = Castlevania: The Dracula X Chronicles, Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia, Castlevania: Judgment
David Lodge = Castlevania: Harmony of Despair

Personally, I believe Willingham did the best. His first appearance in DXC was pretty good, despite what little he had to work with. In the PSP SotN port, he performed wonderfully. OoE was pretty okay, nothing special, since he had few lines (though the game over line sent chills through me). I absolutely loved him in Judgment, and the echo effect was a REALLY nice touch.

Falt, alongside Scott McCulloch (Dracula), performed VERY well in the original SotN. Those two were the only good thing to come out of that game voice-wise. Falt had no cases of over-acting, like other actors, and his dialogue was VERY well written surprisingly ("Then, for the master, I shall feast on your soul this night!").

O'Brien performed EXCELLENTLY in CoD, just as every actor did. I was EXTREMELY surprised it was him, as Zead/Death's voice sounded NOTHING like the typical Liam O'Brien voice (Isaac). He portrayed the humble missionary very well, and then the villain side of him was incredible.

Wyner is my fourth favorite. He was pretty good in LoI, but only okay in PoR (since that game's acting was okay at best). His voice was a tad inconsistent in LoI.

Lodge is no doubt my least favorite. While a pretty decent replacement for Willingham, I couldn't help but hear the Julius in his voice. Then again, my thoughts about his performance might be higher had he been given more lines than the few he had.

My ratings:
Last Place: David Lodge
Fourth Place: Tom Wyner
Third Place: Liam O'Brien
Second Place: Dennis Falt
First Place: Travis Willingham

So, I'd like to hear your opinions. :D
Currently Playing: Resident Evil 2 [N64]
Games Beaten This Year (2020): 20 Games

Tags: