Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: You can see who upvoted/downvoted you  (Read 29734 times)

Offline Pfil

• How I miss the old days...
  • Master Hunter
  • Quit treating me like a child!
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin (NDS)
Re: You can see who upvoted/downvoted you
« Reply #30 on: June 13, 2013, 03:57:13 PM »
I don't see a thing either.
Now I'm tired, eternally walking... forever dying, and never stopping. I feel in sorrow, all I see is white. I’m following a blind way beneath a sad sky.

Offline Maedhros

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
« Reply #31 on: June 13, 2013, 04:10:21 PM »
It was so fucking obvious that some people did clones or convinced others to upvote older posts just to have a positive reputation.

And that's kiddy and ridiculous.

Offline DarkPrinceAlucard

• The Dark Prince
  • Master Hunter
  • Your dark prince has arrived.
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Castle Modding
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #32 on: June 13, 2013, 04:12:00 PM »
I also see something.

Whatever you did worked Jorge. ;)

Castlevania Modding Forum http://castlevaniamodding.boards.net/

Offline Lashen

• Vampire Hunter
  • ..."Nunchakus."
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Circle of the Moon (GBA)
« Reply #33 on: June 13, 2013, 04:13:42 PM »
I spend more time just upvoting posts I like, rather than actually... posting.

This might turn out weird for me.
(click to show/hide)

Offline Pfil

• How I miss the old days...
  • Master Hunter
  • Quit treating me like a child!
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin (NDS)
« Reply #34 on: June 13, 2013, 04:20:39 PM »
Now I see it.
Now I'm tired, eternally walking... forever dying, and never stopping. I feel in sorrow, all I see is white. I’m following a blind way beneath a sad sky.

Offline Sindra

• Lore Spelunker
  • RetroDungeonite
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards 2015-05- Digital Art Contest 1st Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • SindraVania Projects
    • Awards
« Reply #35 on: June 13, 2013, 04:27:36 PM »
+1
This is a way to show that things do not need to dissolve into stealth hate or sneaky upvoting. It's embarrassing. Just be open and honest. Air grievances and handle it like an adult.

Like now I know a certain poster has dinged me on almost all of my posts in recent history regardless of content or aim. Just come clean if you've got an issue. It could *gasp* actually be resolved. What a novel idea.

At another community I'm a part of, you can only +1, and you can see everyone who +1ed any post of anyone. (Chern knows what I'm talking about) No downvoting. It's handled pretty maturely, as if you don't like something you simple don't vote it up. I don't see why that can't be a similar approach that can be used here. No popularity contests. Just more thoughtful posting altogether.

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #36 on: June 13, 2013, 04:30:06 PM »
+1
It was so fucking obvious that some people did clones or convinced others to upvote older posts just to have a positive reputation.

And that's kiddy and ridiculous.

Well no, see.  In order to have a clone do it, that clone would have to have at least 30 posts.  So you can't just clone willy-nilly.
Making duplicate accounts is frowned upon and I have called people out on it.  Some people with duplicate accounts have suspiciously higher respect values now, so at least with this transparency level, you can see if someone who never posts but is always upvoting someone else, may be someone on their tank.

However, I do not keep track of everyone's duplicates (because I'm not a babysitter, and because I'm not online all the time).
I expect some level of maturity.  I'm not sure I get it, but I expect it.  This isn't some dog and pony show here, folks.
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline GuyStarwind

• Lawful Good
  • Master Hunter
  • Shahrukh Khan is the greatest actor out there
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Crappy Brown Jacket Films
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #37 on: June 13, 2013, 04:37:19 PM »
+2
I just went back to see who liked some of my stuff. It's mostly the same four people, Hehehe.

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
  • Not going to lie I love blue haired anime chicks
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #38 on: June 13, 2013, 04:59:38 PM »
+2
I see now
(click to show/hide)
Come on now this was going to happen eventually  :P

Offline Gunlord

• Wandering Mendicant
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Meow.
  • Awards Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • My blog
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #39 on: June 13, 2013, 05:48:43 PM »
+2
I gave people +1s :D That said, however, it's kinda hard to see, at least for me...when I click on the person icon, my name shows up in black and I have to move over it to see it. :o

Check me out at gunlord500.wordpress.com!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phhCrFZek44

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #40 on: June 13, 2013, 06:35:58 PM »
+1
I hope it doesn't create ABSOLUTE CHAOS in the board.
This is a terrible idea.
This is a hilarious idea.

That said, I expect a general reduction in the amount of downvotes people make, now that you can see whodunnit.
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline Ratty

• A Little Pile of Secrets
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Tea. Earl Grey. Hot.
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Other (?)
« Reply #41 on: June 13, 2013, 06:41:00 PM »
+2
I hope it doesn't create ABSOLUTE CHAOS in the board.

Too late. *Throws a chair through a window* ANARCHY!

A am noticing that people seem to have 'buddies' who have gone back pages and pages just to upvote them, even if the post was rather trivial.
Is that really necessary, guys?

Define necessary. :P

Actually this seems like an alright idea to me. Though it will discourage criticism, it might also discourage downvote bombing, and force people to articulate their criticisms of a statement rather than just downvoting. If they're going to speak up at all. I know I've just downvoted rather than articulate the problems I had with a post once, though I think it's relatively rare that I downvote.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2013, 06:45:47 PM by Ratty »

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Swankster's Backloggery
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« Reply #42 on: June 13, 2013, 06:45:31 PM »
+5
Everybody upvote this post if you love me. (And if one of you made this post already, I'm logging into multiple names and downvoting the SHIT out of it.)
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline TheouAegis

• Amateur Auteur of GMvania
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • GMvania Developer's Blog
    • Awards
« Reply #43 on: June 13, 2013, 09:15:59 PM »
+1
I like it. Now when I get downvoted I can see if it's cuz Dave Cox's lapdogs got butthurt over a criticism of MS's games, or if IGA's sailor scouts got butthurt, or if it was just some weird that nobody gives a shit about. If it's someone I expected to downvote me, then what would I care? If it's someone I half-expected to support me, it might be enlightening and might open up conversations. It also lets you know who's reading your posts. I assume everyone reads my posts, but in my case it would be good because I could see who's actually interested in some of the threads I open, essentially knowing who my followers are, so to speak. I mean, like, who actually cares about my NES hacking or my quirky GM codes? I get upvotes but have no idea who actually likes what I post. This way I can know and possibly respond to them properly.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2013, 09:17:56 PM by TheouAegis »
Your mom has had more floppies put in her than a Commodore 64!

Follow my lack of progress on my game at my blog:
http://gmvania.blogspot.com

Offline Mooning Freddy

• The scent of my butt will set your soul wandering for eternity!
  • Master Hunter
  • I simply love children.
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
"Yes, I am on a drug. It's called Charlie Sheen. It's not available, because if you try it you will die. Your face will melt off and your children will weep over your exploded body."
~Charlie Sheen

Tags: chaos