Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: I like the new VA In PSP SoTN BETTER!  (Read 22910 times)

mgfcortez

Re: I like the new VA In PSP SoTN BETTER!
« Reply #30 on: November 12, 2007, 10:19:10 PM »
In Reply To #30

i'm with you the new VA sucks,plus somebody saying he can tell how much better the new VA is because he makes music sounds dumb as hell :P
not trying to be an asshole or anything but.

In Reply To #29

if i said bloodrayen 2 was a better vampire movie than blade and i know because i write movie scripts.
it would only be right for someone to say you must suck at writing then!
same thing here, i was thinking what he said i just didn't post it because i wanted to be nicer ::)
but the new VA and the script suck imo and the old is bad ass.
plus alucard 400 years old and had a make over for SOTN after vampire hunter d.
so he's not to sound like a punk ass kid like in the new VA.
but a cool detached 400 year old vampire!
and the old VA got him just right when i heard that they was going to redo it i knew it wasn't going to be as good as the old but.
i was hoping for something alot better than what we got.
you like the new VA cool happy for you but i'm sure theres more ppl who don't like the change.
so who cares lets all just stick with what we like but if you put down the old VA and call it shit you can bet you'll have ppl bashing you for the new VA.
you show no respect you get none and you say
present a logical rebuttal
why all your logical rebuttal is i write music so i i know it sounds better?
i don't know about other ppl but i hate to hear ppl act like they know more by saying something like that.lol
about the same if i said i know more because i ate pie last night ;D
oh well sorry if i'm being an ass a little but i like the old and don't see what you like in the new,and i can understand if you hate the old and let it go at that because thats your right.
but i don't like the way your trying to say you know more about it just because you make music when that mean nothing really imo.
oh well i guess i'll come across an asshole,but i stayed at a holiday inn so i know more than you all!!!
lol

Offline DoctaMario

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #31 on: November 13, 2007, 07:23:44 AM »
Cortez, it's obvious to me that you and Thomas didn't read my actual post. I didn't insinuate that I know better because I'm a musician, I said:

Maybe it's because I'm a musician and I tend to listen a lot to the rhythm at which people talk

Tell me where in that line i meant to say that I'm better than  you because I'm a musician. I simply said what I said. If you take it to mean that I'm saying I'm better than you, well, then that's on you, and I'd say you have an inferiority complex that you should deal with.

Oh, stop your crying. Taking offense to a comment I made about your musical abilities when we both know I have never even heard your work is absurd. But then again, saying that you can find rhythm in the way people talk because you're a musician is just as ridiculous. It doesn't take a musician to tell if something is good or void of any talent. In fact, I'm also a musician. However, even if I wasn't, I would still be able to realize how bad and out of place the VA in this game is.

I'm not crying, I'm just wondering why you're attacking me because I said I listen to the rhythm in which people speak and I tend to listen to that sort of thing because I'm a musician. It's uncalled for and really has no context. As I said before, if you've got a problem with me, PM me and let's do it. You have your opinion and nothing I say will change it because you've already made up your mind. If you just posted here to flame me, you've accomplished your goal. Move along and quit trying to derail my thread.

In Reply To #29

if i said bloodrayen 2 was a better vampire movie than blade and i know because i write movie scripts.
it would only be right for someone to say you must suck at writing then!

See but here's the thing, I was stating my opinion. My bringing up the fact that I'm a musician was only used to talk about the fact that it influences the way I listen to people and that because of that, I felt that the rhythm in the voices in the original version were unnatural to my ear. My opinion. Show me where i said it was fact.

Oh and so you know, a script writer COULD point out the difference between a good script and a bad one. It's part of knowing the craft.

but the new VA and the script suck imo and the old is bad ass.
<.....>
and the old VA got him just right when i heard that they was going to redo it i knew it wasn't going to be as good as the old but.

All your opinion and that's fine. I just happen to disagree.

so who cares lets all just stick with what we like you put down the old VA and call it shit you can bet you'll have ppl bashing you for the new VA.

I agree with your first statement here. But show me where I called it "shit." I simply said I didn't like the way it sounded.

you show no respect you get none and you saywhy all your logical rebuttal is i write music so i i know it sounds better?

Again, I don't think you actually read my post, you simply posted a knee jerk reaction based on what Thomas thought I said.

i don't know about other ppl but i hate to hear ppl act like they know more by saying something like that.lol
oh well sorry if i'm being an ass a little but i like the old and don't see what you like in the new,and i can understand if you hate the old and let it go at that because thats your right.
but i don't like the way your trying to say you know more about it just because you make music when that mean nothing really imo.

I understand why people like the old VA. IT's the same reason still watch "Plan #9 From Outer Space." Because it's cheesy. And that's fine. But you should really do some reading before you start putting words in my mouth and making assumptions at what you think I meant. You like the old, I like the new. Nothing will change. Game over.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2007, 07:38:30 AM by DoctaMario »

Offline le052383

• Supreme Newbie From the Kingdom of Newbi
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #32 on: November 13, 2007, 10:05:42 AM »
The problem in my opinion is that there are ppl trying to change other ppl's mind about which version they like rather than letting ppl like what they want to like, therefore, they are getting in these personal attacks; from what I see, it appears that there are a few individuals are taking this way too seriously than they should, as if a person's perference in va is like an insult to another's mother.

This is the internet, so we will all have different taste in things.

Offline le052383

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #33 on: November 13, 2007, 10:10:10 AM »

I'm not pissed at you for "calling me out in another thread." To be honest, I don't even know what you're referring to. It just angers me that somebody can defend such a horrible downgrade in both the script and voice acting, especially when it was stated that it was going to be improved. I mean come on, it sounds like the same guy is voicing each character, and badly mind you.

It's DoctaMario's opinion, not yours.  Let it go.

If he likes the new voice actors and has reason for it, more power to him since it is his opinion.

Offline le052383

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #34 on: November 13, 2007, 10:23:52 AM »

I understand why people like the old VA. IT's the same reason still watch "Plan #9 From Outer Space." Because it's cheesy. And that's fine.

I remember months ago when I told my friend about SOTN getting new vas, he was disappointed since he liked the cheesy voice acting, explaining how the dialogue is hilarious like the original Resident Evil game.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2007, 10:41:18 AM by le052383 »

Offline Clara E. Leet

• Legendary Hunter
  • It's still Maridia
    • My Deviantart
    • Awards
« Reply #35 on: November 13, 2007, 11:03:19 AM »
Hey guys, I'm gonna come in and say this now, and if it keeps going, the thread's gonna be closed.

Take it to PM. Stop your whining, all of you, and get back on topic.

Offline Azmodan

• Vampire Hunter
  • Captain Obvious :(
    • Awards
« Reply #36 on: November 13, 2007, 11:07:28 AM »
With regards to voice acting, modernizing the script itself can lend improvement, but CoD's script proved that you can include 'ye olde' text and still pull it off. Except whoever voiced Julia...
---------------------------------------
The Chapel of Resonance- OST's, reviews, translations, and the latest Fan Games- any and everything Castlevania!

Offline le052383

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #37 on: November 13, 2007, 02:21:23 PM »
In Reply To #37

True.  I thought the va and script for COD was done really well.  I think that game has the best VA when compared to the other cv games.

Offline DoctaMario

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #38 on: November 13, 2007, 07:09:06 PM »
In Reply To #37

I agree with that! God only knows how many movies have come out with questionable script writing that have been saved by good acting performances!

Oh and LE, I LOVED those old school Joes! Thrasher and Snake Eyes were my faves!

Offline ChibiMaddiChan

• I'm a bitch of an itch.
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Butts that itch should be washed. That is all.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #39 on: November 14, 2007, 06:29:48 AM »
I don't see a problem with the new VA's at all.  The script makes more sense than it did before and honestly, no one sounds ridiculously bad. I can actually tell when characters are feeling other emotions now, as their voices erm, actually change.

Maria sounds a little younger, but I don't think that's bad
since she's not suppose to be like 20 something anyway. (Her voice was nice in the original but she sounded way older than she's suppose to be.)

I can understand why people prefer the older VA's and horrible script (it's classic) but what I don't understand is why people pretend it was actually GOOD and insult people that actually do like the new script and VA's.  Yes it was funny and cheesy but it was still bad. Even if you don't like the VA's, the scrpit makes much better sense now.
---
I was suppose to say something profound here. I don't 'do' profound so much as ramble so...whatever. Here lies text. Congratulations for reading it.  You were as bored as I am. Seriously, stop reading, you can't be that bored.  Still here? Really?  You officially are my new favorite person and now are owed one internet cookie. Don't eat it though, it gives you bad gas.

Offline DoctaMario

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #40 on: November 14, 2007, 07:50:14 AM »
In Reply To #40

MaddiChan! Welcome back!  :)

I agree with you about Maria's voice. Her voice in the original was sexy, but as you pointed out, she WAS kind of young. SHe seems a little more brash in the new game to me too.

Steve

« Reply #41 on: November 14, 2007, 10:30:07 AM »
The new script is stilted garbage.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2007, 10:32:35 AM by Steve »

Offline le052383

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #42 on: November 14, 2007, 12:00:18 PM »

It's clear that the revision was just a reactionary measure to the infamy of the original voice acting (especially since the rest of Blaustein's localization, all the non-spoken text, has been left intact).

They did revised the description for Frozen Half to make it clearer for us english speakers.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2007, 12:18:13 PM by le052383 »

Offline Baigan

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #43 on: November 14, 2007, 12:14:14 PM »
In Reply To #40

I don't appreciate the insinuation that the only grounds for preferring the old script and VA is that it is "cheesy" or "classic." It is presumptuous to tell someone else why they like something.

It seems most likely that there would be pros and cons to each iteration, while most seem to assume one or the other is terrible. They are both hit or miss.

As for my opinion, some of the old voice work/script did have rough spots, and also perfectly adequate, even strong spots. Some of it is cheesy, but I like it alright in spite of that, not because of it.

Offline DoctaMario

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #44 on: November 14, 2007, 02:52:20 PM »
In Reply To #43

That's an interesting theory LE and I wouldn't at all be surprised if that was one of the big motivating factors as to why they changed it.

In Reply To #44

Usually the reasons people cite most as to why they like the old voice acting are because it's cheesy and classic. *shrugs*

Tags:

anything