Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Yeah, so I'm a gunner now  (Read 3558 times)

Offline Mooning Freddy

• The scent of my butt will set your soul wandering for eternity!
  • Master Hunter
  • I simply love children.
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« on: March 07, 2008, 11:14:53 AM »
I've been assigned as a gunner in a tank around a month ago, and since then am going through a series of lessons and demonstrations to learn my job in the tank.
Basically, I'm the guy who turns the turret, raises and lowers the cannon, and of course, evetually takes aim and fires the shells.
Being a gunner is the biggest responsibility in the tank, after all, if the tank misses its target, I'm the one to blame. Guys who have gone through advanced training say that the tank commander is usually mad at the gunner, and is basically the commander's bitch (I am not allowed to shoot, nor perform many other action without permission from him).
Nevertheless, being a gunner is pretty damn cool, taking aim and turning the turret is fun, and then there's this shitload of modern advanced systems in the tank to play with, that obviously I'm not supposed to talk about.

Well, what can I say? Slowly, I'm studying the Merkava mk.4, and IMO, that tank kicks ass. It's not like I'm overexcited or something, but after all, there's this thing that satisfies me, every time I think that I have an opportunity to fight in a war machine that costs millions, and is one of the most powerful weapons in the world, it's not something anyone has an opportunity to do. And that's my little piece of pride.
"Yes, I am on a drug. It's called Charlie Sheen. It's not available, because if you try it you will die. Your face will melt off and your children will weep over your exploded body."
~Charlie Sheen

Offline Dark Nemesis

• Lord of Darkness
  • Master Hunter
  • Peeping your dreams....
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2008, 12:36:06 PM »
In Reply To #1

That's really nice Freddy!! Keep up the hard work and have as much fun as you can! ;)
Ruler of Chaos

Offline Dark Nemesis

• Lord of Darkness
  • Master Hunter
  • Peeping your dreams....
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2008, 12:37:40 PM »
In Reply To #1

Sorry for the double post but my computer has a problem with internet and i have problem posting. I'll try to fix it tomorrow!
« Last Edit: March 07, 2008, 12:59:00 PM by Dark Nemesis »
Ruler of Chaos

Offline Gunlord

• Wandering Mendicant
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Meow.
  • Awards Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • My blog
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2008, 03:34:33 PM »
Awesome! Congrats, Freddu~:D :D :D

Check me out at gunlord500.wordpress.com!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phhCrFZek44

Offline The Last Belmont

• Seasoned Adventurer
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2008, 03:10:14 AM »
I've been assigned as a gunner in a tank around a month ago, and since then am going through a series of lessons and demonstrations to learn my job in the tank.
Basically, I'm the guy who turns the turret, raises and lowers the cannon, and of course, evetually takes aim and fires the shells.
Being a gunner is the biggest responsibility in the tank, after all, if the tank misses its target, I'm the one to blame. Guys who have gone through advanced training say that the tank commander is usually mad at the gunner, and is basically the commander's bitch (I am not allowed to shoot, nor perform many other action without permission from him).
Nevertheless, being a gunner is pretty damn cool, taking aim and turning the turret is fun, and then there's this shitload of modern advanced systems in the tank to play with, that obviously I'm not supposed to talk about.

Well, what can I say? Slowly, I'm studying the Merkava mk.4, and IMO, that tank kicks ass. It's not like I'm overexcited or something, but after all, there's this thing that satisfies me, every time I think that I have an opportunity to fight in a war machine that costs millions, and is one of the most powerful weapons in the world, it's not something anyone has an opportunity to do. And that's my little piece of pride.

sweet congrats man. :D
_______________________________________ ______________

Offline CVfan13

• Devil Forgemaster
  • Master Hunter
  • Graveyard Duck
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow (GBA)
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2008, 12:09:45 PM »
In Reply To #1

Nice! Good luck with all the KA-BOOMS!! And be careful out there!
"I am the morning sun come to vanquish this horrible night!"

Tags: