Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Ms. Laina's Rad Recipe Thread  (Read 6081 times)

Offline TheCruelAngel

• Sportin' Boxes since 1998
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #15 on: January 27, 2013, 08:29:21 AM »
+1
This recipe is total bachelor chow, but I love the heck out of it.  :D

Tabasco Surprise:
1 bag Dorritos (preferrably Nacho)
1 Bottle Tabasco
1 brick of cheddar cheese (though I think your favorite kind of cheese should be OK)

Prep:
Open bag of Dorritos.
Get a microwave safe plate of your preferred eating size (I usually use a dinner plate).
Layer Dorritos out onto the plate evenly.
Pour a SHIT TON of Tabasco all over the Dorritos.
Microwave the plate of Dorritos covered in Tabasco for about 45 seconds to a minute (this bakes in the Tabasco onto the chips)
Shred the cheese all over the Dorritos. I prefer to lay the cheese on THICK and cover every inch.
Microwave the cheesey Dorrito mess for 1 minute. Check to see if cheese is melted to your liking, if not, nuke it again for a minute. Repeat this process until cheese if melted to your liking.

DIG IN~  ;D

Other variations is layering the nachos so that it's like this:
Cheese Layer
Tabasco Layer
Dorritos Layer
Cheese Layer
Tabasco Layer
Dorritos Layer

Offline Laina

• F.A.N.G. stands for “fucking awful, not great”, babe - me to UZO on SFV
  • RetroDungeonite
  • Legendary Hunter
  • 大丈夫だよ!
  • Awards Lurker: Spies on from afar, rarely interacting with the general populace. Seeks to keep games/fandoms free of any changes they deem Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: January 27, 2013, 08:55:55 AM »
+1
That's not bachelor chow, that's simple deliciousness right there. I've gone semi-vegetarian since I originally started this thread back in September (I still eat seafood, it's my favorite so it's proving hard to quit cold turkey), so I'm glad to see something I can still eat. Toss some sour cream, refried beans, guacamole, black beans & corn on there & we are in business for some SUPER BACHELOR NACHOS! OOOOOOOOOHHHHHH YEEAH!
Groove is in the heart.

Offline Mooning Freddy

• The scent of my butt will set your soul wandering for eternity!
  • Master Hunter
  • I simply love children.
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: January 27, 2013, 01:26:30 PM »
+1
Recipes, huh? I have a few, being a college student and all. How about a recipe for a good soup?
I'm bad with measurements. I just add some more ingredients if I feel I put too much of anything.

Freddy's Simple Chinese Vegetable Soup

You'll need:
-A lot of water
-Quite a lot of bean sprouts. Consider that sprouts are the major ingredient so make sure you have plenty. Sprouts are healthy and if you don't like them... Well, you know.
-Corn
-Sweet Peppers, sliced up
-Mushrooms
-Onions... Not necessary, could be added.
-Cabbage. Not necessary as well, add if you feel like it.
-Some chicken soup powder. Again, nice addition, but not necessary.
-Soy sauce! Two or three tablespoons, taste it to see if it's enough.
-Very little salt. The soy sauce should be salty enough.

Boil the water, throw everything in, and when it's quite ready add the soy sauce. And don't ask me about the noodles, if you add noodles, it's a noodle soup, not vegetable soup!
« Last Edit: January 27, 2013, 01:31:23 PM by Mooning Freddy »
"Yes, I am on a drug. It's called Charlie Sheen. It's not available, because if you try it you will die. Your face will melt off and your children will weep over your exploded body."
~Charlie Sheen

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #18 on: January 27, 2013, 07:27:10 PM »
+1
Hooray for recipes!
I've been looking for that mock apple pie recipe for quite sometime, and then it is here!

For my contribution, I usually love making things that are easy to do plus you do not need to observe how it is doing every step of the way. I did not put the exact amounts of ingredients because this recipe allows you to put whatever amount you like.

Baked Salmon Foil Parcels

Ingredients:
salmon fillets
extra virgin olive oil
lemon (slices and juice)
capers
herbs (i prefer rosemary)
salt
pepper (i prefer freshly ground black pepper)
aluminum foil (pieces would depend on how many fillets you have)

1. Preheat oven 400F.

2. Put some olive oil, salt, pepper and herbs at the center of the aluminum foil. Put the salmon fillet then on top of the fillet, drizzle olive oil, add salt, pepper, herbs, a slice of lemon, some lemon juice and a few capers.

3. Wrap up the salmon using the foil. Make sure that you crimp the edges of the foil well enough in order to prevent spillage during baking.

4. Bring out the baking pan, put in your salmon parcels, add a little water in the pan to have some steaming.

4. Put the pan in the oven. Cook for 15 to 25 minutes or more depending on the number of parcels and the thickness of the fillets. It is ok to have a longer cooking time since there is water in the pan which would prevent the fish from drying up. I would know if it is done when I could smell it (my nose is better than some people so yeah...)

5. Put the parcels on the plate to serve. You may want to open them up and add some garnishes, or you may just leave them closed in order to enjoy the steam rising up when you open them to eat. hehehe.

Offline Laina

• RetroDungeonite
  • Legendary Hunter
  • 大丈夫だよ!
  • Awards Lurker: Spies on from afar, rarely interacting with the general populace. Seeks to keep games/fandoms free of any changes they deem Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: January 28, 2013, 02:06:50 AM »
@Shiroi Koumori That sounds flippin' DELICIOUS. It just so happens that I bought some salmon fillets last time I went shopping & I was wondering how I should dress & cook them. Thanks, Shiroi! ^_~*
Groove is in the heart.

Offline Laina

• RetroDungeonite
  • Legendary Hunter
  • 大丈夫だよ!
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: January 28, 2013, 03:59:12 PM »
Spicy Buffalo Cauliflower (alternative to boneless buffalo wings)

Ingredients:
1 head cauliflower
For the batter:
Dash of Frank’s Original Hot Sauce, or whatever kind you like
½ c. white rice flour (don't have any rice flour? plain old all purpose does just fine)
½ c. water
Pinch salt
For the Buffalo sauce:
¼ c. Frank’s Hot Sauce
¼ c. oil, canola oil works best
Pinch salt

Instructions
Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Mix together the batter ingredients in a small bowl. Dip the cauliflower in the batter until coated evenly then place on greased baking sheet. Bake for about 15 minutes or until the batter hardens.
Mix together sauce ingredients in a small bowl. Once the cauliflower are done baking, brush them with the hot sauce mixture and bake again for a few more minutes, until cauliflower is crispy.
Remove from oven. You may want to add a bit more buffalo sauce to taste.
Enjoy!

Groove is in the heart.

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: January 28, 2013, 06:12:43 PM »
@Shiroi Koumori That sounds flippin' DELICIOUS. It just so happens that I bought some salmon fillets last time I went shopping & I was wondering how I should dress & cook them. Thanks, Shiroi! ^_~*

Wow talk about perfect timing!

Offline Laina

• RetroDungeonite
  • Legendary Hunter
  • 大丈夫だよ!
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: January 28, 2013, 09:40:44 PM »
Florentine Artichoke Dip

1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach - thawed, drained and squeezed dry

1 (14 ounce) can artichoke hearts, drained and chopped

3 cloves garlic, minced

1/2 cup mayonnaise

2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened

2 tablespoons lemon juice

1 cup grated Parmesan cheese

Directions

Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Lightly grease a 7x11 inch baking dish.
In a medium bowl, mix together the cream cheese and mayonnaise until smooth. Mix in the artichoke hearts, spinach and Parmesan cheese. Season with garlic and lemon juice. Spread evenly into the prepared baking dish.
Bake covered for 20 minutes. Remove the cover, and let the dish bake uncovered for 5 more minutes, or until the surface is lightly browned.
Groove is in the heart.

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: January 29, 2013, 12:16:37 AM »
Mashed Potato with Garlic and Herbs

Ingredients:
Instant mash potatoes (I'm lazy, but you can do it the old fashioned way, boiling potatoes in water with a little salt, drain then mash)
Water (for the instant mashed potatoes)
Butter
Olive Oil
Your choice of herbs (I love rosemary)
Garlic (chopped finely, or get the instant minced garlic)
Salt
Pepper

1. In a saucepan, put half parts butter and olive oil, garlic, herbs, salt and pepper, and heat until the butter melts and the herbs give out their scent.

2. Add the amount of water needed based on the box of instant mashed potatoes. Heat it until the mixture boils.

3. Remove from heat then stir in the potato flakes.

*You might want to add milk. If that's the case, lessen the amount of water.
*If you are going for the old fashioned mashed potato, just fold in the butter mixture to the potatoes.

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: February 12, 2013, 07:24:53 PM »
Pork Schintzel
(amount of ingredients would vary depending on the quantity of pork)

boneless pork chops/ pork cutlet/ tenderloin
flour
eggs
a little milk
panko (japanese breadcrumbs)
salt
pepper
oil
lemon

1. Use a meat hammer to pound the pork cutlets to about 1/4 inch thick.
2. Prepare 3 bowls. 1 bowl for flour, 1 for the egg wash (eggs and milk beaten together), and 1 with panko.
3. Season both sides of the cutlet with salt and pepper. Then dredge in flour, dip in egg wash, and pat in the panko.
4. Heat oil in a pan on medium to high heat. Saute the cutlets until they are golden brwon on both sides.
5. Serve hot with a lemon slice as a garnish. You may want to make your own gravy.

Offline Laina

• RetroDungeonite
  • Legendary Hunter
  • 大丈夫だよ!
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: February 28, 2013, 07:23:21 PM »
Cinnamon Pie
-----------------

Ingredients:

1 cup white sugar

1 1/2 tablespoons all-purpose flour

1 teaspoon ground cinnamon

1 pinch salt

1 egg, beaten

2 tablespoons butter, melted

1 teaspoon vanilla extract

1 1/2 cups milk

1 (10 inch) unbaked pie crust

Directions

Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (205 degrees C).

In a large bowl, combine the sugar, flour, cinnamon and salt. Add the beaten egg, butter, and vanilla. Mix well and add the milk.

Pour mixture into an unbaked 10 inch pie crust (glass pie plate is best).

Bake at 400 degrees for 15 minutes, then reduce heat to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) and bake for an additional 45 minutes. Let cool and serve.

Refrigerate any leftovers.
Groove is in the heart.

Tags:

anything